AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

EU models - being paid by CB

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys,

I just recently started camming and have had very good experience in CB.

However, Im having a bit of trouble figuring out the ways that I can get paid by CB. It seems that wire transfer was the way to go, but CB only transfers in USD (from what I understood) which is a problem if your bank is in EUR.

For models that are EU based, can you please give me some light on which have been your best solution to getting paid?

Paxuum seems like a hassle, ePayments has very bad reviews and these two work on a % basis, which I would like to avoid; and Im considering Bitcoin, but its volatility makes me hesitate.

Thanks for any advice on this and happy camming to you all

Wire transfer. Yes, its more expensive, yes you lose on the currency exchange and yes sometimes the payments get delayed due to the intermediary banks, but at the end the money's safely in your bank account.

From what I have been told by CB is that they are currently only doing wire transfers in USD. Has this changed recently?

Upvote 0
From what I have been told by CB is that they are currently only doing wire transfers in USD. Has this changed recently?
Well they transfer in USD but it arrives in your account in whatever currency your bank uses (in my case euros) and it depends on what the exchange rate is, on the day it arrives in your account

Upvote 0
I prefer to use bitcoin, as it seems to have less losses then any other option. Through you have to exchange them for any other currency as soon you receive them.

Upvote 0
I prefer to use bitcoin, as it seems to have less losses then any other option. Through you have to exchange them for any other currency as soon you receive them.
Is it really better on average/long term? BTC has been mockingly called "stable coin" for the last months but recently is volatile again. It's not often, but if CB sends the payment in a day with a big spike in BTC's price (e.g. today is 3-4% higher but no idea how long it will stay there) and goes down until you exchange you risk ending up with less money unless you wait for the price to rise again or take the risk of doing some trading beside camming...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't understand why the big sites like CB or MFC don't just open a subsidiary in the EU to handle all local payments. They would just have to transfer the lump sum of the payments to the subsidiary and then use the SEPA system.
And no, that's not that expensive and it would be a great benefit for the models in the SEPA countries.
The US banking system is so stone age.

Upvote 0
I get paid in my euro account in the EU, in USD, it does not get converted to Euro by itself.
It cost me 50usd per time for payout, plus 30usd from an intermediary bank, plus exchange rate from usd to euro.

Two payouts a month equals to 2400usd a year I lose, just to get my own money.

I have to be honest, and say that daily payout by wire is NEVER on time. It always takes 3 weeks at least before I receive it, they will wait until the very last moment until they pay you. (I requested a payout July 15th, and got an email I will receive it latest by July 31st, which ofcourse did not happen)
To compare; If my family in the US sends me money by wire transfer, or me to them, transfers are completed within 48 hours.

Wire transfer is the best, most logic option, but not if you have a euro account, get paid in usd, and the total cost per payout runs up to $100 per time.

May I ask you how long it usually takes before you receive your BTC after you requested a payout?

Upvote 0
Is it really better on average/long term? BTC has been mockingly called "stable coin" for the last months but recently is volatile again. It's not often, but if CB sends the payment in a day with a big spike in BTC's price (e.g. today is 3-4% higher but no idea how long it will stay there) and goes down until you exchange you risk ending up with less money unless you wait for the price to rise again or take the risk of doing some trading beside camming...
Yes. Losing 3-4% sometimes is better to lose constantely 3% to paxum.
It happened only once to me to lose as much, and was my fault (I kept the funds in BTC instead of withdrawing them instantely)

May I ask you how long it usually takes before you receive your BTC after you requested a payout?

I suppose that the question is about CB? I don't work on it so far, so I can't tell you. For Stripchat and CamSoda I receive it a couple of hours after the payment.

Reactions: MousyLion
Upvote 0

Edit about my previous answer - I asked several models that are using BTC too, most of the time they send them 2-3 days after the withdrawal date (around the 2-3 and 16-17)

Upvote 0
Has anyone ever calculated the best payment options? I'm curious to hear for example what is left of a 50 euro payout after all fees and exchange rates for different payment options; paxum e-pay etc. Just wondering if anyone know if there's a clear overview somewhere to be found.

Upvote 0
I belive bitcoin is the best way to get paid.

Pros:
1. Low transaction fees
2. Intrinsic value
3. Highly liquid

Cons :
1. Volatile
2. Not many users accept it (eventhoug the market is huge)
3. Need to exchange one you think this is the best price

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.