AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Even young kids dislike freeloaders... unless they have an excuse lol

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
This article piqued my interest as it's the top post on reddit right now.

Does it apply to cam sites? hehe.

https://news.yale.edu/2018/07/23/even-4-year-olds-dislike-freeloaders

Children from ages 4 to 10 were presented with scenarios in which they had to give up chocolates in order to get a cake or plant seeds in a garden to get tomatoes. All children expressed dislike for those who did not contribute and were even willing to give up stickers to punish them. The youngest subjects exhibited a stronger aversion to free-riders than 9- and 10-year-olds.

However, when a freeloader has a good excuse for not contributing — e.g. her pet ate her chocolate — the aversion was greatly reduced, the researchers report.

Reactions: AmberCutie
However, when a freeloader has a good excuse for not contributing — e.g. her pet ate her chocolate — the aversion was greatly reduced, the researchers report.
I sort of stumble at this 'good excuse' bit.

Sounds ok, but I wonder about the judgment of these 4 year olds. How do they know what qualifies as a 'good excuse'? In my experience, 4 year olds prefer JJTP's Poop Story over useful, survival-related lectures about grave issues like "Let's look both ways before we cross this street". Not really sure how much we ought to be reading into their supposed instinctual thoughts on matters (other than for amusement).

Does it apply to cam sites? hehe.
no

Reactions: AmberCutie
I sort of stumble at this 'good excuse' bit.

Sounds ok, but I wonder about the judgment of these 4 year olds. How do they know what qualifies as a 'good excuse'? In my experience, 4 year olds prefer JJTP's Poop Story over useful, survival-related lectures about grave issues like "Let's look both ways before we cross this street". Not really sure how much we ought to be reading into their supposed instinctual thoughts on matters (other than for amusement).

no

I think it's relevant. The "excuse" the kids experience are relevant to how they can perceive and understand things as compared to an adult. Look at some of the excuses people say for not tipping. How many of those do you believe?

How many of those do you believe?
about as many as i do of the four year olds i guess.

The biggest difference to me is that I would expect the 4 year olds not to really know any better yet, whereas the adult non-tippers probably know better and just don't care.

Anyone wanting to make the case that the adult non-tippers are exhibiting non-desirable behaviours surely can do better than this. I mean, come on...corralling a bunch of Yale psychologists is a bit over the top. Also it smacks of that "the children shall lead us" crap, which rarely ends well.

about as many as i do of the four year olds i guess.

The biggest difference to me is that I would expect the 4 year olds not to really know any better yet, whereas the adult non-tippers probably know better and just don't care.

Anyone wanting to make the case that the adult non-tippers are exhibiting non-desirable behaviours surely can do better than this. I mean, come on...corralling a bunch of Yale psychologists is a bit over the top. Also it smacks of that "the children shall lead us" crap, which rarely ends well.

I don't see it as the children shall lead us. I was just looking at the article as saying even kids know when people don't do anything. Thus, a natural feeling of people should contribute if they're able to.

Look at some of the excuses people say for not tipping. How many of those do you believe?

I would say it would depend on who is making the excuse for not tipping. If it is someone who has been a regular tipper in the room and they say they hit a rough patch or something I am inclined to believe them.

But if it is someone who has never been in the room before, or is notorious for only joining once a show starts, then I would be less inclined to believe them.

I would say it would depend on who is making the excuse for not tipping. If it is someone who has been a regular tipper in the room and they say they hit a rough patch or something I am inclined to believe them.

But if it is someone who has never been in the room before, or is notorious for only joining once a show starts, then I would be less inclined to believe them.

Agreed. Circumstances can vary for long tenured members But, was referring more to the non-regulars. Just like seeing someone always being the "cheerleader" of a model stripping. But, never tips.

Reactions: Useful-Title
I don't see it as the children shall lead us. I was just looking at the article as saying even kids know when people don't do anything. Thus, a natural feeling of people should contribute if they're able to.
Well I do see it that way.

There was a link I had, found it on reddit that had some site where you could read all these studies and things for free. Thing is, I haven't used it in about a year and a half, and I am having trouble finding it to read the study so I can't say for sure, but I don't see an initial position of suspicion/extreme skepticism unreasonable when dealing with the "findings" of Ivy League psychologists, ok? As any sane right-thinking person should....

Well I do see it that way.

There was a link I had, found it on reddit that had some site where you could read all these studies and things for free. Thing is, I haven't used it in about a year and a half, and I am having trouble finding it to read the study so I can't say for sure, but I don't see an initial position of suspicion/extreme skepticism unreasonable when dealing with the "findings" of Ivy League psychologists, ok? As any sane right-thinking person should....

We all have our different views on things, all part of being human. Do I take things at face value? Almost never, as I to do question some of the motives behind things. But, in the context of this thread, see it meant as nothing more than "Hey look! Even kids know what freeloaders are, and don't like it!" in reference to models' rooms.

We all have our different views on things, all part of being human. Do I take things at face value? Almost never, as I to do question some of the motives behind things. But, in the context of this thread, see it meant as nothing more than "Hey look! Even kids know what freeloaders are, and don't like it!" in reference to models' rooms.
Ok, fine Mr. Human.

Let's go ask a four year old how long someone can plague a forum with the particular flavor of suckuppery masquerading as objectivity that you are hellbent on clinging to in this thread, BEFORE they are obligated to go VIP.

Tbh, really it's only me, you, and @Useful-Title piping up in this thread so far (unless you count amber's subtle whinging about nontippers), and considering the topic, I would probably do better to go back and re-read @Useful-Title posts for insights, as opposed to listening to you pontificate on the matter.

I agree.

Ok, fine Mr. Human.

Let's go ask a four year old how long someone can plague a forum with the particular flavor of suckuppery masquerading as objectivity that you are hellbent on clinging to in this thread, BEFORE they are obligated to go VIP.

Tbh, really it's only me, you, and @Useful-Title piping up in this thread so far (unless you count amber's subtle whinging about nontippers), and considering the topic, I would probably do better to go back and re-read @Useful-Title posts for insights, as opposed to listening to you pontificate on the matter.

I agree.

:haha: I'm just commenting on how I saw the post. Not sucking up to anyone, nor plans to go VIP by any means. TBH, I've only been in Amber's room a time or two.

Guess I just have a slightly different view than you.

:haha: I'm just commenting on how I saw the post. Not sucking up to anyone, nor plans to go VIP by any means. TBH, I've only been in Amber's room a time or two.

Guess I just have a slightly different view than you.
so you aren't even going to try and shame me by going vip?

so you aren't even going to try and shame me by going vip?

As the only VIP member currently responding to this post, I have to ask. Do you feel like I am shaming you for not being a VIP?

Because that wouldn’t be cool by me. That little VIP badge doesn’t offer anyone any sort of special treatment. If I spout off and start being a nuisance here I will get BanHammered just as fast as anyone else.

Okay, now back to the regularly scheduled discussion. I see your point @justjoinedtopost but I also believe that there is a reason there is a saying “Out of the mouth of babes” meaning sometimes children have a different view of things then we do as adults, that maybe we should consider. Unless it is opinions on how to dress...sadly I can only show up to work dressed as a superhero one day a year. :p

As the only VIP member currently responding to this post, I have to ask. Do you feel like I am shaming you for not being a VIP?

Because that wouldn’t be cool by me. That little VIP badge doesn’t offer anyone any sort of special treatment. If I spout off and start being a nuisance here I will get BanHammered just as fast as anyone else.
No, I was simply pointing out that considering you were both pretty much parroting the exact same view, perhaps yours were more in step with reality since you have 'put your money where your mouth is', as they say...

Okay, now back to the regularly scheduled discussion. I see your point @justjoinedtopost but I also believe that there is a reason there is a saying “Out of the mouth of babes” meaning sometimes children have a different view of things then we do as adults, that maybe we should consider. Unless it is opinions on how to dress...sadly I can only show up to work dressed as a superhero one day a year. :p
"Out of the mouth of babes"...a religious reference, every bit as steeped in professed wisdom and know-all as the psychological community.

Maybe applicable at times. Here I think not.

No, I was simply pointing out that considering you were both pretty much parroting the exact same view, perhaps yours were more in step with reality since you have 'put your money where your mouth is', as they say...

"Out of the mouth of babes"...a religious reference, every bit as steeped in professed wisdom and know-all as the psychological community.

Maybe applicable at times. Here I think not.

To the first point...no, pure coincidence that we both share the same opinion. And again if it felt like I was pressuring you to go VIP it was never my intention, and my apologies.

As for your second point, I can see where you are coming from. But we are going to have to agree to disagree. Side note to that, I never knew that saying was a religious reference. I guess I will have to be more judicious in my use of it from now on.

To the first point...no, pure coincidence that we both share the same opinion. And again if it felt like I was pressuring you to go VIP it was never my intention, and my apologies.

As for your second point, I can see where you are coming from. But we are going to have to agree to disagree. Side note to that, I never knew that saying was a religious reference. I guess I will have to be more judicious in my use of it from now on.
Yes, it is all good. No harm no foul on the disagreement, and I completely forgive you for insensitivity about bullying me into going vip. You are human; forgive yourself and let's move past this ugly episode.

Regarding the second issue, I believe the Bible is just chock full of verses referencing the 'mouth of babes' mess... here is one:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+8:2&version=KJV

Psalm 8:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

Just to clarify, being a VIP member means they're a fan of mine and want to see my recorded shows that I post in the VIP section. Not that they're trying to suck up to anyone or be better than anyone.

When I started this forum 8+ years ago, this place was more about me than it is now, so maybe I should make some different way to notate people that have access to my VIP section so others don't get as confused about it as @justjoinedtopost has. In fact, I have a plan to move my content completely to MFC share at some point as to separate it entirely from my forum, so that'll help.

Edit: there, maybe this helps?
Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 3.19.25 PM.png

Just to clarify, being a VIP member means they're a fan of mine and want to see my recorded shows that I post in the VIP section. Not that they're trying to suck up to anyone or be better than anyone.

When I started this forum 8+ years ago, this place was more about me than it is now, so maybe I should make some different way to notate people that have access to my VIP section so others don't get as confused about it as @justjoinedtopost has. In fact, I have a plan to move my content completely to MFC share at some point as to separate it entirely from my forum, so that'll help.

Edit: there, maybe this helps?
View attachment 77600
Yeah I get it.

I am not really a fan either, an occasional pass-thru one maybe. Probably why I haven't gone vip yet.

You have a spectacular forum, thoroughly enlightening/entertaining, well worth the vip status just for that. But I was worried you would get the wrong idea.

Yeah I get it.

I am not really a fan either, an occasional pass-thru one maybe. Probably why I haven't gone vip yet.

You have a spectacular forum, thoroughly enlightening/entertaining, well worth the vip status just for that. But I was worried you would get the wrong idea.
I'd rather people NOT use the VIP function just because they like the forum. It really should be for actual fans who want to see my content. :) That's why I've now changed the name and will eventually disconnect it from ACF.

*reads thread* some people take things way to seriously, jeeeeze. Everyone hates freeloaders, even four-year-olds.That was my take away. I don't understand what all the hubbub is about lol.

Unless someone in this thread is the freeloader. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!

Oooh! PLOT TWIST! LOL!

All kidding aside, I think that there was some back story there that we all were not privy to. And maybe a lack of understanding on my part as to what the gripe was with VIPs.
Nah I feel like jjtp was just out on some sort of random tangential rampage that none of you should have been roped into.

Status
Not open for further replies.