AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ever been through a twitter suspension appeal?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this is quite normal. Hope you get your Twitter back!!

I finally got a response:

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that we’ve reviewed your appeal, and your account features will remain limited for the allotted time due to violations of the Twitter Rules, specifically our rules against spam.

Please note that continued misuse of Twitter may lead to the permanent suspension of your account.

Thanks,

Twitter

No additional details, never spammed, never DM'd strangers, hardly ever replied to tweets, not sure why they said specifically our rules against spam. The way they word it I assume its not permanent but its been like 51 days so far. 🤷‍♂️

edit: i mean hardly ever replied to other peoples tweets for the sake of popularity.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AudriTwo

No additional details, never spammed, never DM'd strangers, hardly ever replied to tweets, not sure why they said specifically our rules against spam. The way they word it I assume its not permanent but its been like 51 days so far. 🤷‍♂️

edit: i mean hardly ever replied to other peoples tweets for the sake of popularity.
Maybe someone was mad at Chaturbate for banning without reason took it out on you? That would be ironic.

You could speculate that some user reported your account as spam, and then Twitter had some team of low-wage earners in a third world country review your account and they just made a bad decision. Alternately, the account might have been "reviewed" by artificial intelligence software, and maybe that software detected "patterns" that are consistent with spamming. When you appealed, maybe a (low-wage-earner) human looked at the account and - not being familiar with the topic domain - focused on those pattern issues and just rubber-stamped the software's decision. I cannot look at your account now (obviously) otherwise I would try to generate some ideas about the potential source.

It feels like social media sites are destroying freedom in very important ways. They just silence many voices for utterly arbitrary reasons. They give you no visibility on the decision making process. They give you no effective way to mount an appeal. Definitely we need laws to expand consumer rights on these platforms. It is even worse on Facebook, where your posts simply "disappear" and there is no notification that any action even happened. There are a lot of people complaining about this. All of the sex-related posts are under fire because of the FOSTA/SESTA laws. Posts about healthcare that advocate any approach that is not "approved" medical procedure or drugs often gets squashed. I am sure that has nothing to do with the fact that FB gets paid huge amounts by the drug industry. *Cough*

I would write back to them and try to explain what your service is and what it does for models. Explain the basic service is free Ask them to provide you with one or two specific tweets that you made, and ask them why did those tweets violate any specific terms of service. Tell them you want to make changes, but you cannot make changes if they give you no examples of how and where you violated terms of service. After a week or two, you will probably get something back. Maybe there is a 30% chance that someone with at least two functioning neurons will have read your words and give you a meaningful reply. If you are lucky, then a simple rewording of some of your posts might avoid future problems.

Reviving this thread because this just happened to me. I think I would have been ok if I had not been using an old phone number. I don't have access to my original phone to verify against and I forgot to update it to the new one. :(. In the past I have been able to verify with my phone number and my account was then unlocked. I haven't been posting a lot lately so I don't know why it flagged. But has anyone ever gotten through an appeal successfully or did you have to create a new twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.