AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Experience on SM

• Thread starter Deleted member 69184
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 69184

I’m gonna try and not make this a rant or criticism of the site….but rather my personal experience.
when you get on cam and look your best and attempt to be friendly and say hi to everyone….and get no response or just people coming in and leaving right away.
Its difficult!

I get 2 types of customers on SM
1. They enter the room and say nothing
2. They play games and say they are gonna tip and then don’t tip or leave

I love how some say they get great customers and make great money on SM.

I go 3 hours with no traffic….and no shows and no gold.

I think it’s important to discuss this and show that it’s not the same for all models.
I work just as hard if not harder….am friendly and don’t have crazy high prices!

Is it just bad luck that I went 3 hours again with no paying customers? Or is it something you else?

I can’t control the lack of traffic or type of customers SM sends me!
but when you all talk about how great it is..And how much money you can make…know it’s not the same for all of us.
I just want to paint a more realistic picture of SM.

because when it’s good it can be really good….but it can also be really bad.…Like when you sit online for 3 hours and make $5.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trixxi_Love
I’m gonna try and not make this a rant or criticism of the site….but rather my personal experience.
when you get on cam and look your best and attempt to be friendly and say hi to everyone….and get no response or just people coming in and leaving right away.
Its difficult!
I agree, it can be extremely frustrating at times. Are you new? Are you talking about last week in particular? Because I feel you, last week was competition week and it was rough. I placed within the top 500 and yet I only did 14 hours online and averaged only 2/3 of my normal hourly rate. That just goes to show that everyone struggled (relative to normal) last week.
I get 2 types of customers on SM
1. They enter the room and say nothing
2. They play games and say they are gonna tip and then don’t tip or leave

I love how some say they get great customers and make great money on SM.
I feel like you are wrongly aiming this as a dig at models who do well on Streamate? Some of us do get great customers and make great money. It's all relative though isn't it. My idea of great money isn't necessarily someone else's.
I go 3 hours with no traffic….and no shows and no gold.

I think it’s important to discuss this and show that it’s not the same for all models.
Definitely, it's not all sunshine and rainbows and I find it really useful to rant when camming's pissed me off!.....
I work just as hard if not harder….am friendly and don’t have crazy high prices!
.... but, this is shitty to say - what makes you think you work harder?? Also, "crazy high prices" bring in rich customers. Perhaps your prices are too low? I definitely get a better clientele these days than I did when I had lower prices.
Is it just bad luck that I went 3 hours again with no paying customers? Or is it something you else?
It 100% could be yeah. Like I said I've never stuck it out that long when I'm having a bad day, but maybe you could try just logging off, taking a break or using a different site, then coming back to it to see if things have picked up?
I can’t control the lack of traffic or type of customers SM sends me!
but when you all talk about how great it is..And how much money you can make…know it’s not the same for all of us.
I just want to paint a more realistic picture of SM.

None of us can control it sadly... I'm just not sure where you're coming from with all this. Last I checked, this forum isn't an advertising site for Streamate. We're not all writing rave reviews and trying to lure in new models, just sharing our honest experiences. The picture I paint is as realistic as the one you paint in our respective realities lol.
because when it’s good it can be really good….but it can also be really bad.…Like when you sit online for 3 hours and make $5.

Upvote 0
I agree, it can be extremely frustrating at times. Are you new? Are you talking about last week in particular? Because I feel you, last week was competition week and it was rough. I placed within the top 500 and yet I only did 14 hours online and averaged only 2/3 of my normal hourly rate. That just goes to show that everyone struggled (relative to normal) last week.

I feel like you are wrongly aiming this as a dig at models who do well on Streamate? Some of us do get great customers and make great money. It's all relative though isn't it. My idea of great money isn't necessarily someone else's.

Definitely, it's not all sunshine and rainbows and I find it really useful to rant when camming's pissed me off!.....

.... but, this is shitty to say - what makes you think you work harder?? Also, "crazy high prices" bring in rich customers. Perhaps your prices are too low? I definitely get a better clientele these days than I did when I had lower prices.

It 100% could be yeah. Like I said I've never stuck it out that long when I'm having a bad day, but maybe you could try just logging off, taking a break or using a different site, then coming back to it to see if things have picked up?

None of us can control it sadly... I'm just not sure where you're coming from with all this. Last I checked, this forum isn't an advertising site for Streamate. We're not all writing rave reviews and trying to lure in new models, just sharing our honest experiences. The picture I paint is as realistic as the one you paint in our respective realities lol.
Great advice! Thank you sashacurves the only thing I may suggest is try streaming at different hours and possibly reviewing what your “fetishes” are on SM and consider changing 1 or 2 to give you a different tag possibly and attract a different customer; only if it is a fetish of course you are comfortable with.

Personally I have not tried to cam in awhile as I have had a lot of vanilla job and family stress, but I miss SM and have had great experiences there and have every intention of returning to cam when I have the time to do so.

Best wishes Basileaf

Upvote 0
I am not new. Been on there just almost 2 years. I would never try to dig or put down other models. I am not here to argue, put down others or defend myself for what I feel or experience.
I am just sharing my experiences.

Also, I have been logging off when it’s bad and that has helped my stress level.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Upvote 0
Great advice! Thank you sashacurves the only thing I may suggest is try streaming at different hours and possibly reviewing what your “fetishes” are on SM and consider changing 1 or 2 to give you a different tag possibly and attract a different customer; only if it is a fetish of course you are comfortable with.

Personally I have not tried to cam in awhile as I have had a lot of vanilla job and family stress, but I miss SM and have had great experiences there and have every intention of returning to cam when I have the time to do so.

Best wishes Basileaf
Thank you. I too have family stress MAJOR with a narc relative and that makes me more reactive to stuff…and I also have to learn to control my emotions and perceptions more. I listened to a great podcast on YouTube about how growing up with a narc mom really gives you perception issues, and sadly I’m sure I carry that on cam at times.

and let me say SM is a thousand times better than my experience on CB! Even though I did well there sometimes better than SM…it was way harder….not to mention they just closed my account for asking if I was shadowbanned🤣

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.