AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Face blurring software

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly it would be most reliable for you to edit and blur the bits needed yourself and not rely on software to automatically do it - unless you didn't mean for it to automatically detect your face and blur.

I think most free video edit software should allow blurring. I think even Windows movie maker does. Just Google Best free video editing and it should show done good results.

Honestly I don't think ether is super perfect. Like if you example videos at the bottom of the opencv page. You'll see that it's also finicky.

Also, blur is not that great for anonymizing. There have been lots of cases where people have found ways to undo blurring. Like say down sampling the image. Or running it though gain. Your better off with a censor bar.

Of cores you could just wear a mask, or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike_aussie
Thanks for the suggestions.

I've only tried Sensarea so far. It has a good scissor tool and you can apply effects like extreme pixelation. I just can't get a handle on the tracking tool. The "mask" seems to stay in position then you have to create a new one to match the position of the face every few frames. I guess it's not advanced enough to detect the masked area and keep track of it.

I figured out that my biggest problem was my face moving to different angles and sometimes moving out of frame, which would interrupt the tracking. I think I'll just cover my face up instead and film short clips.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I found Da Vinci Resolve 16 (free) to be the best at keeping track of moving objects to apply effects. This is the tutorial I used.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
I just want to point out that if you're intending to blur your face in videos because videos are on the internet forever but cam streams "go away," basically all live cam streams are recorded and posted somewhere on the internet. If you've shown your face on cam, then your face is already recorded and out there for the world to see.

If you're trying to blur your face for some other reason, carry on.

I just want to point out that if you're intending to blur your face in videos because videos are on the internet forever but cam streams "go away," basically all live cam streams are recorded and posted somewhere on the internet. If you've shown your face on cam, then your face is already recorded and out there for the world to see.

If you're trying to blur your face for some other reason, carry on.

I understand that. I'm not going to make any money if don't show my face on cam, so I've accepted that risk. But there's no need to show my face in my videos as well. They are for fan club members only and I will make it clear that my face won't be visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.