AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fake Link !

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I am aware this is something that has happened for years, and usually, it's in tipnotes or PM to the MODEL, but some real model account that has clearly fallen victim, then PMed me in a room.
Notice the spelling is almost very identical, it has an "i" before "chaturbate" and no "r" in the word "chaturbate".
If you or members receive this ("she" did it in PM) do not click it.

I had a look to see exactly what it'd do (I logged out first), and it does your typical popup that LOOKS similar (but a slightly cheaper version) login box for chaturbate. However, the URL in your address bar is completely different.

@punker barbie if you could pass this along, please
(do not click the below link, please)

sarablackyy here love, http://ichatubate.com/tara_hot23/
Me come on now that's a fake room
sarablackyy no
ME haha come on, i am not fucking dumb, i can see the url
sarablackyy it's legit honey
ME please, you're embarrassing yourself, just stop

This is serious, it's spoofing. (I tried out in a save environment)
These bastards try to get your Cb login data to steal your tokens.
Perhaps CB can block the domain?

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's a fairly crude CB password and token stealer.
If you enter a random username and password (any fake username/password combo will do), you end up in a banned CB room (shmiwetlove) where a javascript will attempt to tip all your tokens. Since the room is banned it doesn't work of course, but someone would still have your password.

There are also some other interesting things going on behind the fake link, but unless watching paint dry is another hobby of yours, I'll skip the details.

Upvote 0
I am aware this is something that has happened for years, and usually, it's in tipnotes or PM to the MODEL, but some real model account that has clearly fallen victim, then PMed me in a room.
Notice the spelling is almost very identical, it has an "i" before "chaturbate" and no "r" in the word "chaturbate".
If you or members receive this ("she" did it in PM) do not click it.

I had a look to see exactly what it'd do (I logged out first), and it does your typical popup that LOOKS similar (but a slightly cheaper version) login box for chaturbate. However, the URL in your address bar is completely different.

@punker barbie if you could pass this along, please
(do not click the below link, please)

sarablackyy here love, http://ichatubate.com/tara_hot23/
Me come on now that's a fake room
sarablackyy no
ME haha come on, i am not fucking dumb, i can see the url
sarablackyy it's legit honey
ME please, you're embarrassing yourself, just stop

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. I have reached out to the support team so they can review this further and take action.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.