AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fanart?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something that's occurred to me recently, and now I'm really curious. How do you all feel about receiving fanart?
I received a drawing of my face from a fan in England once, complete w a plexiglass protector.
Slowly over time it turned into a thing where he wanted to submit art instead of payment, and barter, so obviously that's not a positive thing.

It was decent, but I could have done better myself tbh. He definitely put some solid effort in though.
It's not something I display anywhere or anything, but it's a cute, little memory.
But, yeah, as long as it's not intended as a barter... dope.

ETA; Another dude asked to have my face printed on a set of washcloths. I gave him the go-ahead, and appreciated that idea a lot more (once it clicked what it was for). Of course he kept the washcloths though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I feel like art produced as a form of trade is just that -- a form of trade, and not really fanart, per se. I've actually made art for trade, and it's been a lot of fun to do. I would totally do it again, but it's definitely a contract that must be arrived between two content creators, and it should be discussed beforehand, because you're doing business with one another. Part of what makes fanart, to my mind, is the gift aspect. One feels inspired to provide a gift of appreciation to someone.

I don't really make fanart all that much, but I've dabbled a few times. I've always felt self-conscious about it, a bit like a kid presenting his macaroni picture, in the hopes it'll make it onto the fridge, lol.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Fan art as a gift is flattering. But once something in return is expected, it’s no longer nice. I didn’t ask for it, so I should not be expected to give something in return. I’ve had drawings done of me, but nothing so amazing, I’d share it with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.