1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Farm Fresh In- Season Produce?

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Bocefish, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Bocefish

Farm fresh corn tops my list in these parts but forgot how much I liked fresh radishes.

As a kid, we usually had fresh green onions and radishes with almost every meal.

Fresh grapefruit and oranges while in Florida too.

What say you?

• Like Like x 1
  2. JoleneBrody

JoleneBrody AdultIndieProductions.com
    Cam Model V.I.P. AmberLander Industry Representative

I grew up in Oregon and black berries are invasive and EVERYWHERE! They are a major headache but berry season is pretty awesome, and you can fill up baskets just walking down any rural road.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dan Epstein

Figs, from the Levinski market, they go awesome with Rockfour blue cheese, and a touch of Balsamic vinegar.

8A3C3567-5A68-4720-BFD8-B097DC77889B.jpeg

4. SaffronBurke

Cam Model

Tomatoes. My grocery store sells local tomatoes when they're in season, and they're SO good. I will just eat a tomato like it's an apple, they're delicious!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ElaySmith

Cam Model

Pretty much everything! I’m in rural nc where it’s very easy to get good locally grown produce. I like stopping at the roadside stands any chance I get to support local farmers directly. Strawberry’s, watermelon, corn and tomatoes are at the top of my list though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ForceTen

I agree with @ElaySmith on pretty much everything. My problem is that I live alone, and am on a diet that limits the amount of fruits and veggies. So, it's almost a waste for me to stop at farmer's markets, or farmer's stands now. Last time I did, I bought a very small amount of green beans and a head of lettuce and it went bad before I could even eat half of it.

• Aw, that stinks. Sorry. Aw, that stinks. Sorry. x 1
  7. Songbird_Shelly

I love peaches!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MiaJay13

Farm fresh cucumbers & zucchinis!! I love grilling them up with some onions in the summertime!

I also love fresh watermelon. I could eat it all day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ElaySmith

Cam Model

@ForceTen I have the hardest time with lettuce too, I just can't eat it fast enough. You should look into a lettuce saver, I bought this one on amazon and it works pretty well. I use to use it pretty regularly for all kinds of fruits and veggies.

Edit to avoid DP but yall are killing me. I want to live in this thread. I usually grow my own jalapeño peppers, squash, zucchini and tomatoes in my back yard and some of my family has a "small garden" (it feeds both sides of their family) where they grow corn, butter beans, snap beans, potatoes, okra, watermelon and probably more things that Im forgetting right now. Once you pick it fresh its hard going back to store bought anything.

#9 ElaySmith, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  10. ForceTen

Thanks Elay. I used to have a lettuce container from tupperware that did okay. But that one looks pretty decent, will have to give it some consideration.

Lately, I've been going to the store every couple of days. I usually eat an avocado every day, and those go bad quickly so I can only buy a couple at a time. Otherwise, I just tend to buy frozen now. It sucks, because I really like the farm fresh produce.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ElaySmith

Cam Model

We freeze or can a lot of the food from our garden. Its not that hard to do, just time consuming and it still tastes so much better than store bought frozen veggies. Ive even cut and battered okra so that I could easily unthaw and fry it later on. The biggest thing when freezing is to do it with a vacuum seal bag if you can.

• Like Like x 3
  12. JickyJuly

Cam Model

Tomatoes top my list, but everything really. If I were planting a garden I'd start with tomatoes and dill. When we first moved to Florida, our yard had both oranges and grapefruit. That seemed pretty cool even though I'm not huge on citrus. Green peppers. Do eggs count? Farm eggs are fantastic.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ElaySmith

Cam Model

Eggs should definitely count. I had 10 chickens and they were the best things ever. I plan to have more one day.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ForceTen

Agreed! Fresh eggs are incredible. Along the same lines, small/hobby farm raised animals such as chickens, cattle and pigs are incredibly good eating.

• Like Like x 2
  15. NoelleBright

Cam Model

Tomatoes and dill are my favorites too. My mom grows dill and it makes the entire garden smell amazing. Home grown cucumbers are also at the top of my list. Way better than those huge waxy ones you get in grocery stores.

• Like Like x 2
  16. PagliA

Cam Model

Fresh tomatoes have a totally different taste than store bought! So much better. Peaches and nectarines are also outstanding.

17. HiGirlsRHot

Did you get permission from Guy to ask random questions? That is his gig? :haha:

I love any kind of fruit, but what I really love is local vine ripe tomatoes. I"m not sure if it is my climate, soil, or brown thumb, but growing tomatoes almost never ends well for me.