AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Favorite Instrumentals

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2011
Sometimes I like to just listen to music without words. Was thinking of this song today. It just makes me happy.

So what are some of your favorite instrumentals?

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover (live in Austin 1988)

Most of Santana could fit here, but one of my fav is from the album the Swing of Delight, the Love Theme from Spartacus:

Can't believe I forgot "Maggot Brain". For shame, yo.
The story goes like this. George Clinton, tripping off his tits on LSD (as he was prone to do), gave guitarist Eddie Hazel the instruction to play as if he had just discovered his own mother had died but then found out it wasn't true. The idea being that the first half of the song conveys sorrow and anger and regret and whatever other emotion you wish to associate with the death of a loved one; while the second half is designed to wash over you like palpable relief. It was intended to be recorded with a full band but when Clinton got back in the studio and heard Hazel's guitar, he didn't want much else going on in the song that would take attention away from Hazel's performance, such was its power. So what's left is the simple arpeggio that runs throughout the track and every so often, the ghosts of a drumtrack that once played - besides that, the whole song is just Eddie Hazel's guitar.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Yo, bob, that was masterful. Never heard it before. Loved how it was mixed with the delay fading in & out on the opposite side. Took me a bit to figure out it was a delay & not 2 separate tracks. The simple arpeggio was dominant in one side with the main guitar lick in the other while the delay faded in & out on the arpeggio side. I love that kind of stuff where you can only get the full effect by utilizing headphones (or earbuds, whatever).

Don't know if you're aware, but on Appetite for Destruction, the guitar tracks are totally separated left & right. Slash's tracks are on the right & Izzy's are on the left. Izzy's is ALWAYS on the left, but Slash's leads are mixed. For a totally different perspective on a song, listen to it once panned right, once panned left.

Since it was mentioned earlier (and it's also one of my favorite instrumentals) I'll go ahead and post YYZ. I know it may be hard for some to appreciate, but the musicianship is phenomenal.

Reactions: Brad
OK, while I'm here............

This little ditty by Rik Emmett of Triumph is the best use of harmonics I've come across. How he so seamlessly incorporates it into the song is nothing short of incredible.

RogueWarrior said:
Don't know if you're aware, but on Appetite for Destruction, the guitar tracks are totally separated left & right. Slash's tracks are on the right & Izzy's are on the left. Izzy's is ALWAYS on the left, but Slash's leads are mixed. For a totally different perspective on a song, listen to it once panned right, once panned left.

I was not, sir. I need to invest in a decent pair of headphones for listening to stuff at home, really. My iphone earphones don't exactly get the best out of my music and when I'm at home I'm just running through a 2.1 PC speaker set up.

mynameisbob84 said:
RogueWarrior said:

I was not, sir. I need to invest in a decent pair of headphones for listening to stuff at home, really. My iphone earphones don't exactly get the best out of my music and when I'm at home I'm just running through a 2.1 PC speaker set up.

For the same effect, just listen to it one earbud at a time.

MissVoluptuis said:
I personally LOVE the drums. I played percussion for a few years in school..... and drummers are sexy AF =D :headbang:

For the lady, the live version of YYZ with 3 1/2 minute percussion solo courtesy of Neil Peart to end it.

Reactions: Puffin
OK miss celtic kiss, you started it. :-D
I'm a bass player myself, so you might enjoy this one.

Harmonics, tapping, hammer-ons and even a whammy bar.

Reactions: CelticXkisses
If you liked that one.............

One more...........

Reactions: CelticXkisses
Good lord, you've opened the floodgates, Celtic :)

The Boots! There are several points in this performance at which I'm quietly convinced that Bootsy's spiritual being leaves his body and indeed this planet in search of an interstellar groove, transmitting it back to planet Earth in real time via the mothership connection :-D

Larry. Fucking. Graham :-D I once saw Larry and Prince share a stage and to this day, I am yet to fathom how that stage didn't collapse under the sheer weight of that wholly unreasonable amount of funk :)

Louis Johnson - in addition to writing and recording the bassline from "Billie Jean" and being one half of The Brothers Johnson ("Strawberry Letter 23" FTW!) - was/is one of the most frighteningly talented bassists I've ever seen.

Hey Rogue,
Do you like Brian Eno... ?
he has some very chill albums...
I play alot of his music in yoga class.

Here is a nice one...

Another with Harold Budd

Since you like instrumentals...
I want to refer you to Hearts Of Space Radio...Slow Music for Fast Times... http://www.hos.com/
They have some amazing programs.... Someone gave me a subscription a few years ago, and I have enjoyed every minute of it...
I would be interested to hear your feedback on it.... if you check it out!

Have a lovely day....
:)

oh wait... one more.....

Stars of the Lid.... love this one....
Sweet, soft, and sad-but somehow reassuring...
It is amazing how songs can be so rich with the colors of many beautiful emotions.....

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
Aldous Huxley

Reactions: RogueWarrior
Yo, bob, loves me some funk. Was actually looking for a good Bootsy Collins solo, but it got late. You posted a great one.

Leena, just a bit too ethereal for me. I mean, I really appreciate that genre, just not for me.

I'll check out that link at another time. And thanks for the getting the thread back on track. ;) It was getting quickly derailed into a bass solo thread (not that it's a bad thing).

RogueWarrior said:
Leena, just a bit too ethereal for me. I mean, I really appreciate that genre, just not for me.

I'll check out that link at another time. And thanks for the getting the thread back on track. ;) It was getting quickly derailed into a bass solo thread (not that it's a bad thing).

No worries,
yeah.... Ethereal... good way to put it...
Yeah, check out HOS... there are many very surprising instrumentals
American CrossRoads is pretty #844, if you can find it...
kinda cinematic score type...

Can I interest you in some Spanish flamenco this evening?

or classic guitar?

Tried to pick some of the best for you :)

Yes, my dear, of course you can interest me in some flamenco & classical guitar. Very tasty stuff. Thank you.

Now might I interest you in one of our own covering Jimi Hendrix........

Just a handful of favorites, have too many favs to list 'em them all.

Mournful Congregation - The June Frost (death/doom metal)

Agalloch - The Lodge (black/progressive metal)

Burzum - Der Tod Wuotans (ambient)

Dimmu Borgir - Sorgens Kammer (black metal)

Dismember - Phantoms (Of The Oath) (death metal)

RogueWarrior said:
Yes, my dear, of course you can interest me in some flamenco & classical guitar. Very tasty stuff. Thank you.

Now might I interest you in one of our own covering Jimi Hendrix........

Nice, very nice....
Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.