AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Favourite songs - one per post please

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupiter551

V.I.P. AmberLander
Feb 2, 2011
As the title says...link a youtube of one of your favourite songs, doesn't have to be "the ALL TIME favourite" because we all know that's kind of hard to pick.

Only one song per post please, that way people might actually listen to each song and not just be spammed with more videos than we have time to watch hehe. :thumbleft:

I'll start, with one of my favourite songs from Mr Cash (incidentally this song coined the term "psychobilly")

A few years ago, my older brother's best friend passed away unexpectedly (and too soon!). We were both shocked and horrified when a "Dixie Chicks" was played at the end of the service. You just had to know the friend to appreciate how inappropriate that was...

On the way back, my brother and I struck a deal, and if I go first, he'll make sure this is played:

I fully expect him to screw me on this, so I'll make sure "Karma Chameleon" is played at his memorial service...even if I have to reach up from the depths of hell... :evil:

Couldn't find the full song. I do however have it on my work playlist though. :thumbleft:

Ive always been a Rick Astley fan..but this song holds special meaning to me (cause I sang it karaoke night at a bar and.. it got me some attention :whistle: )

This is an old song, and there's not a proper video of the full length version, but there's this. There aren't any actual drums on the song; what sounds like a soft drum was created with a synthesizer. This song goes out to all the guys who have never fallen for a cam girl.

Reactions: LailaBaise
Great start! Already found at least 4 new songs I enjoy from you guys so far.

Frankie, where have I seen that guy before? He's really familiar and his voice sounds English but I've never seen that show and can't place him.

Here's an old favourite of mine, set to the misheard lyrics which I think is funny as hell. The actual song was written about and has references to Dragonlance for all you D&D nerds :mrgreen:

PS I'm also totally in love with Tarja Turunen and I love the way she says "Wish-mass-terrr" at the start lol

Wishmaster by Nightwish

This song will haunt me all my life I think

As one youtube poster wrote, and I couldn't have said it better myself:
The lyrics in these vocals melt into chants from the heart, reverberating and pulsing at the rhythms and frequencies of the soul itself and bouncing off the sounding board of what we call the wall of the mind. Pure speech fashioned dagger to the soul and to unravel the mind.

CallMeWilliam said:
Just one of my fav songs...

Tears for Fears song "Mad World" from the movie Donnie Darko composed by Michael Andrews and Gary Jules

I prefer the Tears for Fears song "Mad World" However I can't find the actual music video so this will have to do.

Reactions: AshleyMarks
lordmagellan said:
This song makes me wish I were someone else. Someone named Ray Bradbury.
Hahaha awesome! I have some Ray Bradbury I've been meaning to read...but the greatest Sci-fi writer in history is certainly Isaac Asimov.

Now for a complete change of pace... Mozart's 29th Symphony in A major, 2nd movement (andante) - this isn't the best rendition I've heard but it's the one I could find on youtube.

It's a slow (andante means "walking pace"), beautiful delicate piece that builds to a really complex and sweet interplay between the strings...it's just genius. I urge you to give it a try, even if you think classical music is for old people.

Reactions: Dolicky and schlmoe
Jupiter551 said:
Now for a complete change of pace... Mozart's 29th Symphony in A major, 2nd movement (andante) - this isn't the best rendition I've heard but it's the one I could find on youtube.

It's a slow (andante means "walking pace"), beautiful delicate piece that builds to a really complex and sweet interplay between the strings...it's just genius. I urge you to give it a try, even if you think classical music is for old people.

Love the "Moz", Jupe! Maybe I should change my name to "schlmoe-zart"!

This is an obvious choice, still one of my favorites:

schlmoe said:
Love the "Moz", Jupe! Maybe I should change my name to "schlmoe-zart"!
Hahah yep, I enjoy a little night music too :D

well a total of one person on MFC has ever pointed out that my nick is from Symphony 41 K551 "Jupiter" heheh..

I have a boxed set of Marriner conducting Orchestra of St Martin in the Fields - all his symphonies, it's probably the best recorded performance of most them that I've personally found, I prefer other performances of certain pieces - like this one.

Woody Allen once said that Mozart's Symphony 41 proved the existence of God. Certainly, a symphony of such grandness and scale had, until the summer of 1788, never before been seen in the musical universe. Its implications for the direction of music in the future, and its influence on future composers is immeasurable. What makes Mozart's Jupiter symphony worthy to share the name of the most powerful god of the Roman world?

The answer to this question comes in the Molto Allegro, and more specifically in its coda, (8:09-8:36). In the coda, Mozart takes the five musical themes or melodies that had been developed throughout the final movement, and does something that no one has ever achieved to the extent that he did, not even the illustrious Beethoven.

What Mozart does is take these five themes and combines them to create a fugato in five-part counterpoint. That is, he takes the five melodies and simultaneously plays them in a variety of combinations and permutations. Imagine five separate melodies, all with their own notes, being played simultaneously, but each constantly changing. It's impossible for the human ear to focus on the enormous amount of notes that this simultaneous playing and constant changing entails. The effect is that the music seems to encompass an infinite amount of sound. With lesser two or three-part fugues, it is occasionally possible to sense everything that is going on. Once you get to four voices, it's nearly impossible to detect all of the nuances of the melodies. With five, well, only God could completely grasp its profundity.

Jupiter551 said:
lordmagellan said:
This song makes me wish I were someone else. Someone named Ray Bradbury.
Hahaha awesome! I have some Ray Bradbury I've been meaning to read...but the greatest Sci-fi writer in history is certainly Isaac Asimov.
Oddly enough, I started reading a bit of Asimov today.

And this song has probably saved my life a time or two. Literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.