AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Feeling very depressed/hopeless, hoping for some model support

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2015
California
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@m0onnymph
Chaturbate Username
Moonnymph
hi guys. I recently started camming on chaturbate on August 21st..it's been fun and good most days. Today was my birthday and I was really hoping to get on cam today to celebrate, but my license expired today and I couldn't take tips. I got really sad and I logged off, walked to the DMV and they're going to ship me a new license. For now I have a temporary license. The problem is, CB doesn't accept temporary licenses. It's so stupid because my age has been confirmed before. It's not as though my age decreases once my license expires. I tried emailing support and I got responses to questions I didn't even ask them, they were so unhelpful. :( I even called them and I told them I can't afford to wait weeks without earning anything. I live with my boyfriend and we are struggling to pay debts..this is really difficult for me. Camming is a way for me to deal with my severe depression. I've been crying all day long. I don't know what to do..I can try calling them again on Monday when they're open, I thought of another suggestion: perhaps I could login for a few hours on my account and talk to my friends in public chat even though I won't be tipped, just so my followers know I'm still here. What do you guys suggest? What can I do to alleviate my pain? I feel hopeless :(

I'm not familiar with how the platform you are on works, And I'm mystified as to why you might need to show your license every time you log in to cam once you have been verified, but will take it on faith that you need to.

Have you built a following on twitter of your fans? Even a few core ones? If so tweet to them, and explain what happened and ask if any want to chat with you. Engage in some conversations and be distracted for a while. Remind yourself that people you've connected with are still out there and will understand your situation.

You are feeling depressed and upset because you feel cut off from an aspect of your life that was an important one on many levels, and have no ability to address the problem immediately. You are worried that your fans might not know what happened to you, and that they might not understand why you are away. Those are normal fears and reactions to the situation. Don't let them start to feed on each other and spiral you into a deeper and place. You are still in control of yourself, if not this specific problem right now.

You will get past this, and be able to cam again. It is not a situation that will last.

And folks here are happy to listen and chat too I bet.

And it is your birthday. Take a moment to walk away from all of this, and do something nice for yourself. Even if its a small thing. Be kind to yourself. Take a nice long shower or bath. Eat a meal you enjoy. Walk someplace that you find relaxing, window shop a store that has

Reactions: SoTxBob
things you enjoy and promise to treat yourself to something once you have the means. Do something with your boyfriend. By getting away from this problem and just living a bit of life you'll get some perspective and be reminded that you can get through things.

Oh and Happy birthday!

(sorry for the split post but for some reason the end of my post vanished)

I just created a Twitter wrongly have 50 followers but I have 9.6K on Chaturbate

Hopefully you can connect with some of them and talk a bit.

I do not know if there is a downside of just sitting on a Chaturbate account to just talk. On MFC that would be damaging to a camscore and not a plus, but perhaps there would be no ill effect from you doing so on Chaturbate.

Hopefully a model or member that knows the site could chime in here with some info. Because if you could just log into your account and chat that certainly would help your mood.

Somehow I don't think she's depressed because she can't chat with her regulars, seeing as she mentioned finances and having signed off because she couldn't get tips...

Could you offer things in exchange for gift rockets? Maybe a special birthday video or something. I don't really do offsite payment so maybe someone else could chime in with better payment options.

Sorry, got to disagree with a few posts here. For many of us camming is first and foremost a way to pay bills. Do we love it? Yes. Is it strictly a social endeavor? No. That doesn't diminish the value of the friendships we may form with our members, but generally speaking, friendship don't pay the bills. Some girls also discourage too much offsite interaction as it puts you in this chummy limbo that discourages tipping over the long run. Think of it as the professional distance a counselor puts with their clients. (That comparison isn't pointed, just one I've noticed.)

If you are looking for a solid, safe payment processor to take Skype shows and continue PAID interaction with your fanbase, CamModelDirectory and SkyPrivate are fabulous options and eliminate the risks of chargebacks and scamming. They even brings some of their own traffic-- might be a really good way to keep ends met, especially if you sign up with BoleynModels' daily pay.

Lastly, it is a good idea to sign up for a VPN to protect your privacy if you plan on taking Skype shows. I love Private Internet Access. HideMyAss throttled my speeds.

Last edited:
That's a difficult situation, I'm sorry. Try what VeraPrice said and earn money elsewhere for the time being. Though it's quite difficult without a legitimate ID. :/ Continuing to talk to your fans everyday is the best bet for them to stay, so keep doing that. Maybe get them to follow you more on twitter and advertise skype shows there. I hope things get better for you.

Can you sign up for a new site in the meantime, just to make money till you can get back to your CB fans? Do you have a passport?

Myfreecams only takes a day or two to get approved, and all you have to do is scan your passport or photo id of any type. Maybe they would let the expiry slide since it clearly says you are of legal age.

You can make really good money on your first week at myfreecams with new model status. It's awesome, the site brings a lot of new traffic to new models on their first week. You will do especially well if you've cammed before, and even better if some of your followers come find you on MFC.

hi guys. I recently started camming on chaturbate on August 21st..it's been fun and good most days. Today was my birthday and I was really hoping to get on cam today to celebrate, but my license expired today and I couldn't take tips. I got really sad and I logged off, walked to the DMV and they're going to ship me a new license. For now I have a temporary license. The problem is, CB doesn't accept temporary licenses. It's so stupid because my age has been confirmed before. It's not as though my age decreases once my license expires.

I'm not familiar with how the platform you are on works, And I'm mystified as to why you might need to show your license every time you log in to cam once you have been verified, but will take it on faith that you need to.

Myfreecams only takes a day or two to get approved, and all you have to do is scan your passport or photo id of any type. Maybe they would let the expiry slide since it clearly says you are of legal age.

OP: sorry for the troubles you've been having.

This is one of the weird wordings in the law that is at play here. They know you're of legal age to work there, but the way the law is actually written is what is trapping them. In every state in the U.S. you have to have a valid ID, emphasis on valid, in order to show proof of legal age. Whether it be an adult site, buying cigarettes, booze or even guns. If you are 60 years old and your license has expired a liquor store can not legally use that as proof to sell you alcohol, because you don't currently have valid ID showing your age. Past ID's that have expired do not count. They become worthless pieces of plastic in every respect the day they expire.

So even though you have given valid ID in the past, the sites lawyers step in and let them know they can't let you continue to cam until you have a current ID on file again. They can actually get in legal trouble if they do.

It's stupid, I agree with anyone who will say so. But that's the way the laws are written. Google "expired id to buy alcohol" sometime to see how many other people have been annoyed by this.

May I suggest that you get verified model status on this site? I'm sure there are topics on depression in the Models Only section that may be able to help you; if not, then perhaps you can start one and who knows, somewhere down the road you may really be a great help to someone else.

Depression is a very serious symptom, please seek professional help. As someone that fights depression also I can tell you that you're not alone. If I can in any way be a source of comfort please let me know. My message box is and will always be open to you!

I feel your pain with depression and I know the struggle. But as the girls said above, have you tried telling you're followers what has happened and that you will be back up soon? I mean you can always try and move to another site, that might let the expiration slide, like for instance as Mojito said up above, mfc is a great website for that type of problem. I have been on MFC for a couple months now, I love it and the people are so nice and understanding. I mean I was on chaturbate and I didn't like it as much as I do on MFC. Chaturbate is a little tricky with that kind of stuff. I am sorry you had a bad birthday, I hope it gets made up to you when you get you're new ID. Btw Happy birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.