AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fewer and fewer Myfreecams exclusive models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2018
Let me preface this by saying I have no problems with models camming on multiple sites and maximizing their earnings. This is just an observation from a member's perspective.

Just a few years ago, I was a die hard MFC supporter. All my favorite models were on MFC and I never find myself buying tokens anywhere else. Fast forward to now, I only go on MFC for one girl. Besides a few long time models with dedicated fanbase, it's very hard to find any new girl who is exclusive on MFC. And because I want to see what the model is reacting to, there is almost no reason to stay in their quiet rooms on MFC while they react to tips elsewhere. Why did this happen? Did MFC just give up on their camsite because of Onlyfans? It's like going to Kmart of Sears and seeing tired old displays while Target updates their look to stay competitive.

Due to Covid, everyone who was camming received extra competition with the influx of massive amounts of Colombian models, less earnings due to them setting their rates extremely low and now the economy is in recession.

It is slowly recovering, with a lot of those who joined camming at the height of lockdowns, now quitting.

I don’t think we’ll see many exclusive models return as it’s very difficult to survive, relying on just 1 platform.

Why did this happen? Did MFC just give up on their camsite because of Onlyfans? It's like going to Kmart of Sears and seeing tired old displays while Target updates their look to stay competitive.

That seems like a separate problem. From this and other threads here - and just general observation as a member - it seems non-exclusive modeling is becoming very common. The trend isn’t limited to MFC.

I also don’t think an outdated layout is the cause. Although if the market is saturated with models/options for members, then I suppose any small market disadvantage is a problem, including looking outdated.

technology is always improving. computers are a lot better now. you no longer need to purchase multiple computers or build expensive ones compared to 4 years ago. you can now purchase laptops that are advertised as "streamer ready" thanks to the popularity of twitch/youtube.

you can also easily now manage all your chats in the same browser with shine.

splitstreaming was something only veteran models or studio models do because it was an investment to do so. it also took some skill to manage. now, everyone can easily do it.

It would be wonderful if every good MyFreeCams model could make the money she needs every shift, and then log off happy and go watch Hulu. But that just isn't the case for many of us (especially those of us with super low camscores), and it doesn't feel good to be on cam for X hours and end the shift with like $2. Especially when we have members just chillin' in our rooms with tons of tokens showing, but not tipping us at all. And (what should be) easily attainable room topic goals not getting cleared, and very few people tipping for things from the tip menu. I'd like for members to stop asking "Why don't you have a Lush?," and just go to other rooms where that's offered if it's that important to them.

These days, I'm getting much smaller tips than I did back in the day (When I had a high camscore, and MFC was poppin'!). I'm lucky if I even get a 50-token tip (for an ass clap/flash) during my shift. It's gotten harder for some of us to pay our bills lately. I've had to sell my T.V. to the pawn shop, sell my video game system at a local gaming store, and was very close to having to sell one of my beloved Reborn dolls.

I don't cam on other sites while live on MyFreeCams, but I definitely understand why lots of other models do. If members aren't tipping on MFC (Or they're tipping like 1 token every 20 minutes...), maybe the members on the other site will stop sleeping on the model and TIP.

Before Covid broke out, we could rely on just one platform to easily net us 1.4K to 2k per week.

This is no longer attainable due to traffic, so we were forced to multi stream or do 14 hour days, 7 days per week to survive.

We now only stream part time as it’s just not worth it.

I’m not busting a load for 5 Gold on SM, your newbie Colombo models might be able to survive on that, but that doesn’t even cover the cost of us turning the lightbulb on 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.