AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

First night disaster

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2021
It was my first night of camming tonight and it was a disaster. I have watched some of the other girls shows and they seem to get nice men chatting to them but I was only on a few minutes and they were all arguing and trying to trick me into sending PMS and letting them become my moderator. Saying I have paid for a pm now you have got to do this else you will be banned etc. I have put in my bio that it was my first night, do you think I should remove it?. I wasn't expecting it to be like that as I thought they would be supportive. They said they couldn't see my tip menu. I also put non nude (as I want to gain confidence) but I couldn't tell what section I was in. It was saying this person and that person had tipped me but no tokens was showing on the bottom of my screen. What if they tip you for something you aren't prepared to do?. That was saying you have to do it now I have tipped etc. If it wasn't for the fact I have watched some of the other girls and seen how nice some of the other men are I would have given up. Help please!!.

Solution
I have viewed the other models from my laptop and it is a lot better than my phone. I have tested the speed and it is in the range of speed requirements at the lower end but still acceptable. I am trying to set up OBS broadcasting but theres too much technical stuff its asking for and I don't know what I am suppose to be putting in required boxes. It was a lot easier to set up on my phone. How did everyone else manage?. Help please!.
There will always be people trying to scam new models. Also some people will try and send you fake tips. Just note that when real tips are sent the person's name is highlighted in yellow, and there is a tipping sounds, assuming you have your sound on. You will also see your tip amount increase and will show up under token stats.

I'm also assuming you don't have a tip menu? If you don't have one that's fine, just remember that you aren't obligated to do anything just because someone tips you. Whenever someone tips me for something I do no have on my tip menu, and I'm not willing to do it, or at least not for that price, then I thank them for the tip but let them know that I'm not willing or unable to do what they are requesting.

Upvote 0
Don’t be afraid to silence or ban members that are being a problem. It’s your room. They have to follow your rules. And you’re way better off immediately
cutting off the troublemakers so they don’t get the impression you’re a pushover.

Don’t respond at all; just silence/ban and move on.

And yes, if their username isn’t highlighted in yellow and you didn’t see tokens arrive on your account, they never tipped you. If they said they did, and posted an image appearing to credit themselves with a tip, they’re trying to defraud you. Ban and report.

Upvote 0
There will always be people trying to scam new models. Also some people will try and send you fake tips. Just note that when real tips are sent the person's name is highlighted in yellow, and there is a tipping sounds, assuming you have your sound on. You will also see your tip amount increase and will show up under token stats.

I'm also assuming you don't have a tip menu? If you don't have one that's fine, just remember that you aren't obligated to do anything just because someone tips you. Whenever someone tips me for something I do no have on my tip menu, and I'm not willing to do it, or at least not for that price, then I thank them for the tip but let them know that I'm not willing or unable to do what they are requesting.
I thought it was highlighted in yellow thats what I couldn't understand. Do you usually get them arguing with each other like that ?. How do you ban or silence them?. I did set up a tip menu by adding one of the apps which it is showing on my bio but they said they couldn't see one. Is it always that busy?. I felt I had about 10 people talking to me at once. I definitely need to get more control over it as they just took over.

Upvote 0
Don’t be afraid to silence or ban members that are being a problem. It’s your room. They have to follow your rules. And you’re way better off immediately
cutting off the troublemakers so they don’t get the impression you’re a pushover.

Don’t respond at all; just silence/ban and move on.

And yes, if their username isn’t highlighted in yellow and you didn’t see tokens arrive on your account, they never tipped you. If they said they did, and posted an image appearing to credit themselves with a tip, they’re trying to defraud you. Ban and report.
How do you silence and ban?. I was streaming on my phone which I don't think helped as the messages was going up too quickly. I haven't got Broadband and I don't think the internet speed will be fast enough by using my phone as a modem for my laptop. I have got to get better control as I was way out of my depth tonight. I thought it would start off quiet with one or two members or perhaps none to start with I wasn't expecting them to all suddenly appear like that as soon as i started. How do you know what catagories you are in or how many viewers you have?.

Upvote 0
You won't be banned for not doing something you didn't say you would do.

(Ofc, some sites are crazy and may. I can't speak for them all, I've never experienced it though)

Just take a deep breath, do a little more research and next time you go on cam have a game plan.

Ban people who make you anxious. Do not entertain their shitty behavior with a response.

If you're witty, come up with witty comebacks to people who are rude. I used to do that and it served as entertainment for the crowd. Avoid doing this too much though. If you can't, I'd just ban them.

Focus on the good people in your room. Ignore the shit stains.

Edit: I wanna add, you don't have to ban every rude person. But if they are causing arguments and making your room unpleasant, definitely kick them.

Upvote 0
You won't be banned for not doing something you didn't say you would do.

(Ofc, some sites are crazy and may. I can't speak for them all, I've never experienced it though)

Just take a deep breath, do a little more research and next time you go on cam have a game plan.

Ban people who make you anxious. Do not entertain their shitty behavior with a response.

If you're witty, come up with witty comebacks to people who are rude. I used to do that and it served as entertainment for the crowd. Avoid doing this too much though. If you can't, I'd just ban them.

Focus on the good people in your room. Ignore the shit stains.

Edit: I wanna add, you don't have to ban every rude person. But if they are causing arguments and making your room unpleasant, definitely kick them.

Upvote 0
Hi Luna Belle it felt they were all doing it. This is the trouble I don't know how to ban them or silence them or show tip menu when I want to. Does it just randomly appear every 10 minutes without you having any control when you want it shown?. I was told to watch out for the free loaders that never have tokens but it felt like even the good tippers were trying it too. I think its because I have the 7 day new status which is making it busier so it might calm down next week. I am probably the only person who wants a calmer room 😁. I was trying to work out how to do the things I wanted to do and listen to all them at the same time. The other models probably have calmer rooms because they have probably banned trouble makers. You don't have to offer PMS then if you don't want to?. I did Google it but it never bought up a answer. When I said I wasn't offering pms they wanted to know why. Do models only offer to have moderators if they know and trust the member?.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Upvote 0
How do you silence and ban?. I was streaming on my phone which I don't think helped as the messages was going up too quickly. I haven't got Broadband and I don't think the internet speed will be fast enough by using my phone as a modem for my laptop. I have got to get better control as I was way out of my depth tonight. I thought it would start off quiet with one or two members or perhaps none to start with I wasn't expecting them to all suddenly appear like that as soon as i started. How do you know what catagories you are in or how many viewers you have?.
Click on their names and you will have an option to silence or ban them. If you tether your laptop to your phone it should be just as fast tbh. It's much easier to manage chat that way then trying to do it all through a phone. It would also allow you to use your main camera instead of your selfie cam. There are no categories on Chaturbate, only tags that you can manually set in your room topic.

Upvote 0
Click on their names and you will have an option to silence or ban them. If you tether your laptop to your phone it should be just as fast tbh. It's much easier to manage chat that way then trying to do it all through a phone. It would also allow you to use your main camera instead of your selfie cam. There are no categories on Chaturbate, only tags that you can manually set in your room topic.

Upvote 0
Hi Nigerian Prince
When you say tether, do you mean as a Hotspot or mirroring my phone screen onto my laptop?. I have put # in my bio and one was non nude but I seem to have had too many viewers for that section. If you put various # in your bio which off the sections would you be put into for instance #new #non nude etc. Is there a way to keep you top menu on the screen ow will it only randomly appear every 10 minutes?.

Reactions: HarlowGolde
Upvote 1
Hi Nigerian Prince
When you say tether, do you mean as a Hotspot or mirroring my phone screen onto my laptop?. I have put # in my bio and one was non nude but I seem to have had too many viewers for that section. If you put various # in your bio which off the sections would you be put into for instance #new #non nude etc. Is there a way to keep you top menu on the screen ow will it only randomly appear every 10 minutes?.
Hotspot, and then connecting your phone to your laptop as a webcam. The # you use just depends on how you cam. I would just look at the popular tags for women and choose 5 that you think apply to yourself. The tip menu depends on that bot/app you use. You can often control the frequency at which it appears in the app settings.

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
Upvote 0
You don't have to offer PMS then if you don't want to?. I did Google it but it never bought up a answer. When I said I wasn't offering pms they wanted to know why. Do models only offer to have moderators if they know and trust the member?.
You 100% do not have to offer PMs. I don't do PMs, many others don't do them. It's your room and you can do whatever you want as long as you're following CB's TOS.

You also do not need a mod. Some people choose to have one for a variety of reasons, but I would strongly suggest not having one until you've been doing this for awhile on your own. This way you know how you want your room run and can then delegate your wishes to said mod. Additionally, do not just mod anyone. Ensure that they're someone who is often there, tipping, interacting in public chat, and that they actually want to mod.

Upvote 0
If you feel like there is too much chat going on and you cant keep up with it - on Chaturbate you can change your settings to allow only people who have tipped you to chat, or allow only those users with tokens to chat.

That could reduce the pointless chatter a little and keep things calmer for you? :)

Upvote 0
Hi. I am a CB award's nominated developer. I wrote Tip Menu 50 over 2 years and it is has been a trending bot the entire time. It will offer you options to control your grey chat (it's very effective at removing advertisements). The bot has been tested and is 100% fully functional, with 0 bugs! If a user says they didn't see your correctly configured tip menu when they joined (which would be a lie), you can publicly advertise your menu at any time by typing /menu. Tip Menu 50 was the 1st bot on CB to offer transitional color fades (styles), and has a lot of options to meet your advertising needs (sorting, arrangements, etc). You can try any app/bot you feel comfortable with, and I hope you give Tip Menu 50 a chance. https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/tip-menu-50/

With that said...

Bots to control grey chat...
https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/the-anti-spam-bot/
https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/silence-grey-chat/
https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/no-captcha-capture-bot-all-chat/
https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/type-the-passcode/

These will either filter/silence depending on how they are configured.

Bot that can respond to PM requests...
https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/auto-pm-responder/

This will publicly post your PM cost each time a user asks in chat. The bot is fairly intelligent and can respond to many types of requests (EG: PM me, Write me, send a message, etc, and even some Spanish terms).

Bot that offers recognition...
https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/every-tip-thank-you-bot/

This bot will say "thanks" for each tip given and you can configure which type of 'thank you' messages are active at any time.

Mods & Scams...
I mod for friends who have been camming for over 3 years and to this day I see users trying to scam for free PMs, asking personal information in chat, or attempting to get things for free. You just need to become aware of these things and filter them out mentally. Ignore the users that should be ignored! A trustworthy mod can help, which is why I only mod for friends and never for financial gain! If the mod isn't there for your interests, then they could be there for status or recognition, both of which make for really poor co-workers (useless mods who only flirt, talk over chat, and never help my friends earn more money!).

If you have any specific questions related to my bots please PM me here.

Whatever you do, don't get discouraged! It takes time to learn the subtle aspects of CB.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was my first night of camming tonight and it was a disaster. I have watched some of the other girls shows and they seem to get nice men chatting to them but I was only on a few minutes and they were all arguing and trying to trick me into sending PMS and letting them become my moderator. Saying I have paid for a pm now you have got to do this else you will be banned etc. I have put in my bio that it was my first night, do you think I should remove it?. I wasn't expecting it to be like that as I thought they would be supportive. They said they couldn't see my tip menu. I also put non nude (as I want to gain confidence) but I couldn't tell what section I was in. It was saying this person and that person had tipped me but no tokens was showing on the bottom of my screen. What if they tip you for something you aren't prepared to do?. That was saying you have to do it now I have tipped etc. If it wasn't for the fact I have watched some of the other girls and seen how nice some of the other men are I would have given up. Help please!!.
Remember to be kind to yourself :h: you're new! My first night ever was an absolute shit show too and I bet most people's were the same! Something to remember, too: YOU are the boss. It's your room. YOU are in charge. When people are disrespectful etc. don't hesitate to mute/ban them. I don't use CB but was on MFC for years as well as Camsoda and this kinda stuff is pretty across the board with all cam sites. It's almost like you're "training" the people in your room as to how to behave. Acknowledge good behavior (tips) with an over the top thank you. Ban bad behavior. You get it.

As a new model, people WILL try to scam you. DON'T be afraid to say NO to things you don't want to do and/or that people didn't actually tip for.

Trust your gut when it comes to stuff like this.

And, keep going. This will get easier for you every single time you log on. You got this. :h:

Upvote 0
Remember to be kind to yourself :h: you're new! My first night ever was an absolute shit show too and I bet most people's were the same! Something to remember, too: YOU are the boss. It's your room. YOU are in charge. When people are disrespectful etc. don't hesitate to mute/ban them. I don't use CB but was on MFC for years as well as Camsoda and this kinda stuff is pretty across the board with all cam sites. It's almost like you're "training" the people in your room as to how to behave. Acknowledge good behavior (tips) with an over the top thank you. Ban bad behavior. You get it.

As a new model, people WILL try to scam you. DON'T be afraid to say NO to things you don't want to do and/or that people didn't actually tip for.

Trust your gut when it comes to stuff like this.

And, keep going. This will get easier for you every single time you log on. You got this. :h:

Upvote 0
Are cam sites like Streamate better to control?.
I only tried MFC and SM, but I did find SM easier to control/ keep up with.
However the problem with MFC wasn't the site, it was me and how I ran my room. I jumped into it before I understood how the site works, and I didn't use good boundaries and was over-polite and friendly.
I'm confident that you can overcome this feeling of being overwhelmed, it just takes time, and good use of block/ ban/ bots sounds like a great first step.
Good luck on your 2nd night 💛

Upvote 0
I knew they were trying it on but didn't how to stop it. I was only on about 5 minutes and got 2 followers anyway. Streamate said they train you but you don't really get that on Chaturbate you basically thrown in at the deep end. I can see why people say its addictive. I came off last night thinking ' I cant do this, 2 hours later it was maybe I will give it another go and woke up this morning raring to go'. I am going to try camming from the laptop (I can look on my phone then to see what's happening a viewer), change my tip menu to as frequent as possible, silence the greys and not try to reply to everyone talking to me at the same time which is impossible. Then see how I get on.

Upvote 0
I only tried MFC and SM, but I did find SM easier to control/ keep up with.
However the problem with MFC wasn't the site, it was me and how I ran my room. I jumped into it before I understood how the site works, and I didn't use good boundaries and was over-polite and friendly.
I'm confident that you can overcome this feeling of being overwhelmed, it just takes time, and good use of block/ ban/ bots sounds like a great first step.
Good luck on your 2nd night 💛
That's my problem I am trying to not upset them but keep to my boundaries which I don't think you can do both.

Upvote 0
That's my problem I am trying to not upset them but keep to my boundaries which I don't think you can do both.
Yes, it's sooooo difficult, I hear you. I agree, I don't think it's possible to keep your own boundaries and have everyone be happy.

Upvote 0
There is a segment of users on CB that seems to make it their goal to chase new models off. As all the commenters here have said, don't be afraid to enforce your boundaries, just because someone tips you doesn't mean you have to comply, of course if the tip is for something from your tipmenu it is advisable to do it, but any tips, even with requests, feel free to see them as a gift to you.

One thing puzzled me; you mentioned that you put tags in your bio? Did you mean 'Room headline'? Because that is where they are supposed to go. And you can put 5 tags that will be active, only rule is to not use capital letters, but the best way is to use tags that are already in use on the site.

Upvote 0
First nights are interesting

not speaking from a models view but a viewer who has seen some of the scandalous actions of some users

what you mentioned is your typical new room unless you set some boundaries. Also be wary of those who claim to try to “help” you. It’s your room, take your time and manage it your way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.