AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Followers expiring on CB?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2020
Do followers on CB 'expire', meaning disappear from the follower count after a certain time period?

Yesterday and today I have witnessed strange follower counts, a model that normally gains 120-150 new followers per stream only showing a net gain of 11 today, 39 new followers 28 lost followers, with pretty normal traffic

Do followers on CB 'expire', meaning disappear from the follower count after a certain time period?

Yesterday and today I have witnessed strange follower counts, a model that normally gains 120-150 new followers per stream only showing a net gain of 11 today, 39 new followers 28 lost followers, with pretty normal traffic
no they do not expire but people follow and unfollow all the time. Also if they are banned from CB then you lose the follow from them

Upvote 0
no they do not expire but people follow and unfollow all the time
I didn't think so, and I know users follow and unfollow all the time, I do that myself.

I am connecting it to the issues CB have had since the update, going from a net gain of followers of 120-150 a stream to a net gain of 10 and 20 in the last 2 streams doesn't seem natural to me considering the traffic is more or less the same

Upvote 0
There can be big swings in how many people follow/unfollow, so it MIGHT be a coincidence...
However, I've noticed a couple of times in the past few years that I've had random streams where it seems like CB
has been purging inactive followers or something, because it'll be 1 or 2 random streams with a disproportional amount of unfollows
compared to the 'norm'.

Based on my experience, after that it will return to normal though.

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0
Based on my experience, after that it will return to normal though.
Thank you for your reply, I was hoping to hear from an experienced model.

And it did actually, after a net gain of 22 and 35 Wednesday and Thursday, she had a net gain of 340 today. So my guess is that there was some kind of purge.

Reactions: Olive
Upvote 0
I didn't see that same for someone I follow all the time. Her's have stayed the same and increased at about the usual rate.

Upvote 0
I wouldn’t be surprised if they periodically dump accounts that have been inactive for a very long time, or that have been identified as bots or something.

Just imagine the sheer number of member accounts they must have in their system. Every legitimate active account, plus every “bot,” every user that signed up once and never returned. Every member that created an alternate “burner” username and used it for 2 days before forgetting about it. Every banned username (I imagine they have to remain in the system just so they can stay banned). It’s a lot... if I were them, I’d delete the inactives occasionally, too.

Upvote 0
I wouldn’t be surprised if they periodically dump accounts that have been inactive for a very long time, or that have been identified as bots or something.
Though, I still have at this moment many followers who are banned or marked as 'deleted accounts'

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.