AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

FPS and Dropped frames technical issues

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2020
I am having a issues with my stream. The following are screen shots when I scream using obs
2021-01-04 11_03_16-Window.png

And my obs stats are as follows

2021-01-04 11_02_32-Window.png

I tried to stream using the in browser broadcaster and got the following

2021-01-04 11_04_57-Window.png

I did a speed test on https://chaturbate.speedtestcustom.com and got the following result

2021-01-04 11_12_20-Window.png

What seems to be the issue. Is there something I can do? I do not want to call the ISP.

Do let me know. Thanks

To get the most out of your ISP you must be tethered via an Ethernet Cable directly to your router. If you are on WIFI, you can only expect to get the throughput of your WIFI access point and the type of WIFI you are using.

With that said, you might want to try experimenting with your OBS settings. Settings > Output -- try lowering your Bitrate (2000 is a good average). Make sure your software encoder is the same quality as the stream, if not it will require more CPU usage and may cause potential streaming issues. You could also try lowering your audio bit rate (144/128 are good averages for testing). Settings > Video -- here you can adjust your output resolution and frames per second. Try something non-HD to start (960x540) and a FPS around 30.

Once you find the settings that work smoothly for you, you can then ramp them up until you max our your internet connection, access point, CPU, WIFI, etc.

If that fails, you'll have a lot of debugging under your belt to use as verbal ammunition when you call up your ISP!

Cheers,
Cexmental

Reactions: Notjustmetoo
Upvote 0
Trying to stream 1920x1080 with 2.3 Mbps upload is bound to fail, you need between 8-10 Mbps for that.

But like @cexmental replied if you are on WiFi try tethering the computer, and play with settings in OBS

Reactions: Missy48
Upvote 0
I was having exactly the same problem as the OP and for the last few days my stream was unwatchable.

In OBS I set the bitrate to 500 - which was the maximum showing on CB - and suddenly the frame rate issue was resolved and the stream looked fine in another browser.

Upvote 0
For cb I have to set my bitrate at 5500 to keep in the green and I use encoder hardware qsv in output advanced rate control cbr key frame 2 veryfast main and none but it does also very much depend on your upload speed and laptop and the settings are definitely very different for everyone my upload is 51mbps but this is my full time job so I do pay for the best 💕

Upvote 0

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.