AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Have you experienced persistent harassment ?

• Someone actually showed up at my house

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2020
Hello everyone!

So I’ve been doing lots of research about camming so far, however I have one main concern about the industry that keeps me from taking the plunge. So I’d like to do a poll/ask about your experience with harassers/trolls in order to help me to make a decision

• how often does dealing with moderate to extremely persistent harassers happens ? (fake accounts over and over and using VPN and proxys to bypass the IP bans, msging non stop on all your promoting profiles/camming platforms, trolling, disturbing the chat room, death threats, blackmail etc.)

• Is it an issue that’s unavoidable and that happens sooner or later to every long-term camgirl ? Or is it a matter of badluck ? What’s the % odds of it happening

• Other than blocking/banning, not answering, changing camming website, reporting to MFC or CB, etc. What other steps did you took to manage the issue ?

• how does those situations resolves most of the time ? and how long does it last for on average

ALSO :

• despise all precautions taken, have you ever been a victim of doxxing ? And have you ever had someone come up at your house ? If yes, how did you resolve the matter ?
Please include the number of years you’ve been camming with your answer ! :)

Looking forward to read from you !

I am new to Camming on Chaturbate, but used to cam on My Girl Fund years ago. I have been on chaturbate for about two months, and someone has repeatedly made fake accounts and used my real name in the chat, told me where I lived, and knew where I worked. It is very creepy and I don't understand how it is happening because I have my state geoblocked. Wondering if other models have had this problem and what they have done about it.

• Wat?!
Reactions: MarieElise
I am new to Camming on Chaturbate, but used to cam on My Girl Fund years ago. I have been on chaturbate for about two months, and someone has repeatedly made fake accounts and used my real name in the chat, told me where I lived, and knew where I worked. It is very creepy and I don't understand how it is happening because I have my state geoblocked. Wondering if other models have had this problem and what they have done about it.

Oh, well the thing is that even if you have your state geoblocked, it' not 100% guaranteed that no one from your state will see you. A lot of webcam customers use a VPN to bypass that and so if they do that, they can see you even if they are in the state you blocked. Also, someone doxxing you depends on how careful you are with social media and EXIF data and VPN/Proxy and stuff like that as well.... here's a thread on how stalkers operate :

for how long have you been camming for ?

• Helpful!
Reactions: englishmuffins
There are users out there that use proxies which randomizes and mix up their IP addresses that surpass any geoblocking code out there. A person who uses proxies has essentially an untraceable IP address.

Usually, when a hacker or a blackmailer uses a proxy and they are on a camsite, they are able to "hack" any information about you based upon the IP address that you are using when streaming.

My recommendation is to start using VPN to help secure and keep your IP private when you stream, but as always, there are those who are on the internet who know how to overcome these boundaries.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/hide-my-ip/ is a good one to use.

• Hugs
I had someone recently send me photos of himself doing self harm and saying because I wasn't on cam often enough, that I was the cause of his pain and kept sending me messages on the camsite and in my dms on social media.

It disturbed me so much. I recently had a family member pass away and have been taking some time off to deal with it but then seeing those photos, I ended up asking the camsite to temporarily deactivate my account.

I know there are some weirdos out there that enjoy sending things like that to freak models out, fake photos or not, it's disturbing.

he just probably screenshoted you quite a lot, and used FindFace or a similar app to find some pics of you on internet. Have you closed all you social network sites? Did you checked that there is no pic of you remaining somewhere like university site or something like that?

Once you have a real name it's easy to find any information about anyone.

I had someone recently send me photos of himself doing self harm and saying because I wasn't on cam often enough, that I was the cause of his pain and kept sending me messages on the camsite and in my dms on social media.

It disturbed me so much. I recently had a family member pass away and have been taking some time off to deal with it but then seeing those photos, I ended up asking the camsite to temporarily deactivate my account.

I know there are some weirdos out there that enjoy sending things like that to freak models out, fake photos or not, it's disturbing.
Hopefully you are fully aware that you are absolutely not the cause of his pain, and that one way or another this guy is a very sick individual. I am so, so sorry to hear that you have been going through this, on top of everything else. Please don't let this person suck you in or anything, they need professional help.

I shut down my account before due to something similar, but not as serious as what you have described. If you have not already, reporting his account to the staff/ support of the camsite may help. They can take it from there. I have no faith in Twitter support at all.

ETA; I mean..what the fucking fuck? That's insane, and very shocking (that a dude would do that).

Last edited:
The way models deal with stalkers is the same way everyone else does. You document the shit out of them. Lock down your social media. And if it gets to it, you get a restraining order. If your state allows it, maybe get a pepperblaster.

As far as prevention, fallow the best practices. Like have your own work phone, 2-step when possible. Make sure your personal social media is locked down. Keep all your interactions on the cam sites. Don't click on any links. Keep your computer, anti virus up to date.

Last edited:
comes with the territory and it can suck. i'm so sorry for anyone dealing with any type of abusive/harassing behavior. i've had some really ugly things said and done to me by members. members i thought i could somewhat trust too. it's can be hard not to let it all get to you. i almost quit camming because sick gross mother fucker should me a polariod of cp. it was very traumatic and brought a lot of my own demons out. (long story short site dealt with this appropriately)

finding yourself emotional support and learning better coping mechanisms to not let their shittiness over power you is important and the best tool. but know when you need to uncheck and take a break. report any constant abuse to the site. depending on the site, there are site reps you can contact that can deal with it more in a timely matter than regular support if its an emergency.

i recommend this amazing support/ selfhelp book: Thriving in Sexwork (it comes in paperback, ebook, and audio!)

Hopefully you are fully aware that you are absolutely not the cause of his pain, and that one way or another this guy is a very sick individual. I am so, so sorry to hear that you have been going through this, on top of everything else. Please don't let this person suck you in or anything, they need professional help.

I shut down my account before due to something similar, but not as serious as what you have described. If you have not already, reporting his account to the staff/ support of the camsite may help. They can take it from there. I have no faith in Twitter support at all.

ETA; I mean..what the fucking fuck? That's insane, and very shocking (that a dude would do that).

So when that type of harassment doesn't stop, would you say that the only way to make it stop would be to shut down all your accounts temporarily...? It seems very inconvenient especially if it's your only source of income

• Helpful!
So when that type of harassment doesn't stop, would you say that the only way to make it stop would be to shut down all your accounts temporarily...? It seems very inconvenient especially if it's your only source of income
No, I would not say that, and did not say that.

Reporting it to support is the best thing to do. The site I am on has reliable support, who cooperate fully with law enforcement.

When I said I shut down my account before, I was talking specifically to ryler, and letting her know she is not alone. I did not in any way mean for anyone to infer, or assume, that I would advise that to anyone experiencing harassment that works full time in this industry. Each individual situation will be different. It was more a personal convo [iece between her and I, that I continued in private. The reasons which I responded by doing so, at that particular time, were specific to me, and private. And to be honest, I was too naive, and untrusting, to know that support would have dealt with it for me. When I talked with support about the situation, nearly a year later (in depth), they were very shocked I never reported him immediately, and that I had gone to such ridiculous lengths to avoid him. They strongly recommended I contact them immediately, in future, which is what I now know to do. However, at that time I had additinional reasons for needing a break. I came back a year later stronger, and with better boundaries. However these asshole types still exist, I just deal with them better.

ETA; Sorry if that was not clear. Any new models reading this, please report to support, and do not run away as I did. Especially if it hurts you financially.

Last edited:
The way models deal with stalkers is the same way everyone else does. You document the shit out of them. Lock down your social media. And if it gets to it, you get a restraining order. If your state allows it, maybe get a pepperblaster.

As far as prevention, fallow the best practices. Like have your own work phone, 2-step when possible. Make sure your personal social media is locked down. Keep all your interactions on the cam sites. Don't click on any links. Keep your computer, anti virus up to date.

Yeah, but how could you put a restraining order if the harrasser/stalker doesn't live in the state or even country that you do ? And unfortunatly, the police won't do much/take it seriously for "Cyber bullying/harassment" until someone actually comes at your door/when it's too late..

If your state allows it, maybe get a pepperblaster.

Or pepperblaster, a vipertek avenger, gun, and several dogs to bark, when anyone gets near your house, as well as 2 big roomates.
Sounds like maybe I went to the extreme to get peace of mind, but peace of mind is invaluable to me :) Haha, I'm a fucking ninja.

Or pepperblaster, a vipertek avenger, gun, and several dogs to bark, when anyone gets near your house, as well as 2 big roomates.
Sounds like maybe I went to the extreme to get peace of mind, but peace of mind is invaluable to me :) Haha, I'm a fucking ninja.

hahahah I live somewhere I don't have that luck to be able to have a pepperblaster/gun/dogs, but I agree 100% on "peace of mind", it's truly
the most valuable thing

More the better XD

What I like about the pepperblaster is it's cheap, small, has some range, easy to cary, and doesn't require a permit to cary.

It's kind of frustrating is that taser guns seems more expensive than guns. Like TASER Pulse+ seems like the cheapest decent tazer gun. And it's like double the cost of a gun. But then it doesn't require a permit to cary.

More the better XD

What I like about the pepperblaster is it's cheap, small, has some range, easy to cary, and doesn't require a permit to cary.

It's kind of frustrating is that taser guns seems more expensive than guns. Like TASER Pulse+ seems like the cheapest decent tazer gun. And it's like double the cost of a gun. But then it doesn't require a permit to cary.
Yes, I remember finding that very frustrating about Tazer's too. The price is very high.

Be careful w pepper spray. After you set it off, there is a good 1-2 seconds before it takes effect. It's best to jump back, during that time, and also be mindful which direction the wind is blowing. I had to pepper spray a guy who broke into my house once, and he was able to swing at me, at least once, in the few seconds the pepper spray took to take effect. Good info to know. Once it takes affect it's pretty decent though.

he just probably screenshoted you quite a lot, and used FindFace or a similar app to find some pics of you on internet. Have you closed all you social network sites? Did you checked that there is no pic of you remaining somewhere like university site or something like that?

Once you have a real name it's easy to find any information about anyone.
thank you this is
There are users out there that use proxies which randomizes and mix up their IP addresses that surpass any geoblocking code out there. A person who uses proxies has essentially an untraceable IP address.

Usually, when a hacker or a blackmailer uses a proxy and they are on a camsite, they are able to "hack" any information about you based upon the IP address that you are using when streaming.

My recommendation is to start using VPN to help secure and keep your IP private when you stream, but as always, there are those who are on the internet who know how to overcome these boundaries.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/hide-my-ip/ is a good one to use.
thank you for taking the time to reply! This is helpful I appreciate.

hum :/ No.

I ensure you that they are totally unable to find out your IP from you stream.
You are streaming to a server of the cam site, your stream does not include your original ip.
Then the cam site re-encode and re-streams your flow. So, you don't *have to* use a vpn to be safe while camming.
(Do not pay for nothing...)

Btw, your IP can be find out if you send something directly to somebody. In example when you mail to a viewers, to send pics or so.
The email contains your ip and few information can be found from it (country, region... of your provider)

But it's not so easy to hack you directly from your ip (connect t your PC and get some hd contents).

Most of you already use a router (box) having enough security to block external accesses. Your operating system is also a minimum secure.
It's much more easy to let you installing a spy software by yourself on your machine, that can send datas for them than connecting like this.
Against this, you have also protections (this is called Firewalls, and anti virus). You just have to be normally prudent about this and you find many good advises all other the net to keep safe.

This is good enough (and vpn would not be "better" , only "too much reassuring"):

Last edited:
Can't edit... I just add this about "Don't click on any links ".

I said that your ip can't be find out from your room.
That is true.

But in example this forum 'ACF' receive your posts directly from your PC, so I would bet a lot that Amber Cutie already knows your ip ^^
So your clicked here on ACF, to a site that you can trust. That's ok. But it is an example of a site that may be a target to hackers.

I would bet a lot also that those who use vpn to stream just forget to protect them for all other sites. (forget to start the vpn to simple email or chat somewhere)

So I correct myself : I don't say "do not use vpn" but "if you use it, do it always for everything, at least concerning your public character" and continue to protect yourself for all the rest with your behaviour on internet.

It comes with the territory and it’s the same in any job where you are exposed to thousands of people on the daily especially if they get to remain anonymous. Youtubers, Instagram models, twitch streamers, actors, politicians, it’s what happens when you expose yourself. There is no way to get rid of the truly problematic ones unless you are willing to spend a lot to take them to court and even then... so if this is a deal breaker stay away from any activity where you expose yourself like this.

Yes, I remember finding that very frustrating about Tazer's too. The price is very high.

Be careful w pepper spray. After you set it off, there is a good 1-2 seconds before it takes effect. It's best to jump back, during that time, and also be mindful which direction the wind is blowing. I had to pepper spray a guy who broke into my house once, and he was able to swing at me, at least once, in the few seconds the pepper spray took to take effect. Good info to know. Once it takes affect it's pretty decent though.

Wind is why I don't even bother buying pepper spray, where I live the wind will change direction at the drop of a hat, so I'd start spraying while upwind, and halfway through I'd wind up downwind with the pepperspray in my own face.

I have a tazer, though, so it's something.

Wind is why I don't even bother buying pepper spray, where I live the wind will change direction at the drop of a hat, so I'd start spraying while upwind, and halfway through I'd wind up downwind with the pepperspray in my own face.

I have a tazer, though, so it's something.
Yeah, it's pretty sad that this even needs to be something that so many of us have to concern ourselves with. I always think that if such a place as Heaven exists, it will be a place where weapons are not necessary.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.