AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Friend requests from Models on Stripchat + PM Pricing Thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Ever since I've been a cam girl and part of #Stripchat , I guess I've gone with my gut & for whatever reason have never accepted friend requests from other male "models". the reason being, it seems like SC is where ALL the hobby wankers go. Granted, #Chaturbate is more model-tip-sharing friendly & to each site, it's own. Yet I've had a few Stripchat models first enter my room as a viewer, then might later inform me of their model acct bc they want me to watch them (which is cool). They always say "we can't or aren't allowed to tip." which is obv BS bc they only can't from their model accounts. Then ofc they proceed to want to talk & take a bunch of my time for free, which if you were really doing this for a living as a true model, they'd know better. I feel like they do, they just get test'y on Stripchat. this is more of a rant than a question but I was wondering if anyone had any input or experience to add.

I do have a question on how models can firmly place a 1 time price on #PM's ? respectfully. I would love to do it, just even if asking for 50-100 + tokens, I believe / know I'll have a handful of certain needy viewers who would absolutely abuse a 1 time fee, then end up complaining that after 2 months of regularly PM'ing, that I'm "not fulfilling my tipped task." When really depending on the site, it diverts our attn from our main feed & other existing and/or potential new inquirers (tippers). As well as having to squint & focus on typing back & forth, thus being less able to pose / tease in a way that flows & attracts viewers to my room. or the best is when I'm literally in the middle of an orgasm & someone gets mad that I can't immediately stop to respond reply to a PM . Like clearly I almost just kicked my PC over bc I can't stop shaking, lol.

Any & all feedback is welcomed & most appreciated!
Peace, blessings & postive vibes! 💫

• Hugs
Reactions: KingMarti
Personally as soon as someone say's they are a model in my room they get banned for the simple fact of they are never going to spend and in my experience they are the biggest free loaders on the site with their "But I'm a model too you dont need to charge me" bs. Just boot them, imo there's no reason for them to be their.

For the PM's thing, I just have PM on my tip menu. Only downside is that Stripchat (and cb) both allow members to pay them a subscription to have access to PM, drives me nuts because these guys then think they are exempt from paying the price for pm, those guys I'll warn them verbally the first pm, write a warning on the second and then ban them on the 3rd (it's not like PM's are expensive and if they arnt willing to spend $1 in in the room then again, no reason for them to be there.)

If you mean a per message charge then maybe just tell them not to pm you and put it in a tip note, maybe add a tip menu item for something like "tell me something - 50tok". Not sure how well that world work though, every time I have tried not doing pm's is when I seem to get more pm's than normal (from subscription users) Having the ability to turn off pm's would be awesome but I dont think its there.

Personally as soon as someone say's they are a model in my room they get banned for the simple fact of they are never going to spend and in my experience they are the biggest free loaders on the site with their "But I'm a model too you dont need to charge me" bs. Just boot them, imo there's no reason for them to be their.

For the PM's thing, I just have PM on my tip menu. Only downside is that Stripchat (and cb) both allow members to pay them a subscription to have access to PM, drives me nuts because these guys then think they are exempt from paying the price for pm, those guys I'll warn them verbally the first pm, write a warning on the second and then ban them on the 3rd (it's not like PM's are expensive and if they arnt willing to spend $1 in in the room then again, no reason for them to be there.)

If you mean a per message charge then maybe just tell them not to pm you and put it in a tip note, maybe add a tip menu item for something like "tell me something - 50tok". Not sure how well that world work though, every time I have tried not doing pm's is when I seem to get more pm's than normal (from subscription users) Having the ability to turn off pm's would be awesome but I dont think its there.
Thanks so much for your response!

I didn't even know that both CB & SC offer a subscription for PM's. I've always had my tip menu set up for PM 5 tkns, which I'll give a little back & forth for a few messages, and if they aren't inquiring about a pvt, roleplay or Lovense control or something; and merely just wanna chat, I ask them to kindly send a token per msg after the few. I'm absolutely a people person & I do enjoy talking, just I respectfully explain that to give them my undecided attention, diverts me from the rest of my room & such. Most viewers are understanding of this. Of course there're always exceptions when it comes to generous spenders & loyal viewers.

I realize some viewers mainly want to chat, rather than play with me or watch me play, & I'm ok with that. Just, I've also come to realize that many people think bc it's merely typing & not sexual, that they don't believe I should be compensated, when realistically it's actually easier / less work for me to lay back & touch myself. On a couple occasions, I've had a user actually take me private just to PM (those who understand & respect my time & attention). While I don't mandate to be taken private just to message, I otherwise do what you do; just try to gage it & go with my gut. I do have other tip menu options of different denominations such as "ask me anything & tell a secret or sex story." So I overstand & appreciate your input! 🤗

As far as friend requests from other models I receive on Stripchat, I absolutely agree with you. The thing about other models is that I never even see them in my room prior to their friend requests. I was also wondering what the perks are (if any) of being my friend on Stripchat?

I didn't even know that both CB & SC offer a subscription for PM's.
Just a Stripchat user here, so ignore any or all of what I say.

SC promotes to us that one of the benefits of Ultimate membership is being able to *initiate* PM's with models. They do not say anything about Ultimate membership guaranteeing us a response from the models ;)

I've always had my tip menu set up for PM 5 tkns,
Having a menu item for PM's and adding as friend is very common on SC. I have seen anywhere from 1 tk to 75 I think was the highest (I am sure there are higher). I say do not be hesitant to remind anyone who wants a free pm exactly what your rate is (no matter what their colour / status is).

It is your room, you set the rules that we must follow.

Hello all,

Ever since I've been a cam girl and part of #Stripchat , I guess I've gone with my gut & for whatever reason have never accepted friend requests from other male "models". the reason being, it seems like SC is where ALL the hobby wankers go. Granted, #Chaturbate is more model-tip-sharing friendly & to each site, it's own. Yet I've had a few Stripchat models first enter my room as a viewer, then might later inform me of their model acct bc they want me to watch them (which is cool). They always say "we can't or aren't allowed to tip." which is obv BS bc they only can't from their model accounts. Then ofc they proceed to want to talk & take a bunch of my time for free, which if you were really doing this for a living as a true model, they'd know better. I feel like they do, they just get test'y on Stripchat. this is more of a rant than a question but I was wondering if anyone had any input or experience to add.

I do have a question on how models can firmly place a 1 time price on #PM's ? respectfully. I would love to do it, just even if asking for 50-100 + tokens, I believe / know I'll have a handful of certain needy viewers who would absolutely abuse a 1 time fee, then end up complaining that after 2 months of regularly PM'ing, that I'm "not fulfilling my tipped task." When really depending on the site, it diverts our attn from our main feed & other existing and/or potential new inquirers (tippers). As well as having to squint & focus on typing back & forth, thus being less able to pose / tease in a way that flows & attracts viewers to my room. or the best is when I'm literally in the middle of an orgasm & someone gets mad that I can't immediately stop to respond reply to a PM . Like clearly I almost just kicked my PC over bc I can't stop shaking, lol.

Any & all feedback is welcomed & most appreciated!
Peace, blessings & postive vibes! 💫
A. Total BS! I was literally tipping another model tonight while streaming on MFC which has to be the strictest site on that stuff. We all have Lurker accounts!!!

B. I have a friend add fee (and settings so only friends can DM)...obviously I add any high tippers on my own steam. Then if anyone is wanting to chat in DM I make it clear that I'm happy to reply a bit but that I am terrible at multitasking so unless it's something private please put it in main so I don't have to very badly split my focus. I also used to charge for text roleplay but it's just way more hassle than it's worth because it takes away from everyone else's amount of attention.
So tldr: PM privileges are only for short messages and stuff. If I'm busy, they can wait or put in tip note. Don't care if it's my biggest tipper, nobody get's sole focus as it could cost me far more than they ever pay.

Oh and if they're a cammer, they should ABSOLUTELY respect that. If they don't it's a huge red flag...ban.

Reactions: NotYou
Question... As a model, sometimes send friend requests to viewers but they don't see where to accept them. What should I tell them?

Is this on Stripchat? If so, they will see a notification at the top right - click the "bell icon" and there will be notifications such as friend requests, which they can either accept or decline.

Personaly i dont accept models friends requests on stripchat they cant tip you or do private with you , i find they just want to try to do free sexting so there is no point in accept models as friends, and for others members i do have tip menu with pm if they try to message me i just ignore and say in public pm=tip menu

Status
Not open for further replies.