1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting guys to tip?

Discussion in 'Ask-a-Model!' started by Jane Patterson, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Jane Patterson

Hey girls, I'm new to cammodeling. I've been on MFC for a little over a week now, and my room usually gets a handful of people when I start streaming. Sometimes guys are eager for privates or to play games/use countdown, bit some times I get a whole room pf ppl who won't tip for anything, no matter what I offer. As a stripper there are many good ways to let ppl know they need to tip, but if you ask wrong they'll get offended. Are there any polite ways to let the room know they need to tip in some way? Thanks so much!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Annabell_blossom

Honestly...I don't think so lol but you can make it seem not as demanding. I usually tell them how much I have left to reach my goal and sometimes if I feel like doing math I'll calculate how much each person in the room needs to tip for me to reach my goal. I also sometimes ask them what it would take for them to tip (but make seem less desperate)...sometimes you get crazy requests and stuff you aren't comfortable doing and you dont have to them but it does start discussions about stuff you would be comfortable with doing and most of the time they start tipping...maybe it's because they feel more involved or maybe it's because they feel like they are getting what they want.
    These guys understand that it's your job and that you arent going to give a free show. Some might try to get free shit but those aren't the regulars you want.
    I hope this helps. :happy::cat:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CamGirlJade

Cam Model V.I.P. AmberLander

This.
    THIS!
    I used to work in sales and there was always the expectation that when a customer was about to walk out the door empty handed that I try to stop them and ask them how I could earn their business today, as I clearly had not yet done.
    For some reason I've never thought about doing this with camming, but it's genius. I do ask for tip option suggestions, but rarely if ever get them.

• Hugs Hugs x 1
  4. Frank Kodis

As a USER i never know why/when i supposed/should/obligated to tip. It is still a misery/mystery for me..

• Facepalm Facepalm x 2
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  5. Miss_Lollipop

Miss_Lollipop CammodelExpress.com
    Cam Model Industry Representative

Do it all the time

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. CurvyJ

Cam Model

If I were a tipper, I would tip any time/ for any reason...I wish I could be a tipper but im trying to make money...i know its not realistic but wouldn't it be awesome if people tipped because they are happy to see us? or to make us smile?

If you are watching someone and would like to tip them you could ask them to do something you would like to see and how much you could tip for that

To: Op

I have a hard time engaging to make "sales" I am often able to keep 50-150 people interested in chatting with me but many do not tip. I try to offer interesting things on my tip menu and hope that helps me.

I make most of my money <and I will be honest here...i've been averaging 125 dollars a week> in privates... Im on chaturbate though so Im not sure if that makes a difference or not

7. kupido

I think a lot of cammodels have this problem. Thanks for your post. Encouraging the room by saying things like "we're Sooo close to goal just X amount left!" or "We're X amount away from me doing (goal whatever it is)" and telling them how youre excited as well to do the goal is a good way to encourage and not outright demanding.

8. TokenGesture

That was a really enjoyable hour's entertainment. What should I do now?

I like the idea of this countdown. What can I do now?

Oh look at that model tip menu. What do I fancy?

Snapchat for ever and a day - 500 Tokens. How can I resist?

Fuck it, I'm not gonna heed Grandma's advice, I'm just gonna do a "Just because!"

And on and on.

:party:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. MDouble00

From a members position and despite what the song "Poision" says about never trusting a big butt and a smile. I'm damn near always going to tip a girl with a nice butt and smile. Some butts are bigger than others, but I love all the butts.

Tip menus don't hurt that is for sure. One of my favorites doesn't have a tip menu and her tease tips fluctuate often based on her mood. So I tip her because I like her, but I would tip her more if she had a tip menu or was more consistent with her pricing model.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  10. Exoticcream

Cam Model

Love that song!

• Like Like x 1
  11. AudriTwo

Cam Model

I work a pay to play site. There are only a few free shows members can join in. But it's rare. Also no below the belt nudity in free chat rule is enforced. It's an incentive.

I made my profile pic my best feature. My ass. People come in already intrigued, I require a tip to show it. I tease them and give them a healthy dosage of Catholic guilt. I also roast people too because guys seem to like that. I think some days I get more tips after I burn someone and being funny then tips for booty.

Basically you have to figure out how to be entertaining and how to attract a recurring audience.

I sucked balls on MFC. Its hard site. I wasnt new but i was camming for about six months before I tried them out. only got one person to tip me during the time I put in there. I also didn't like the environment compared to other sites. Just remember if one site isnt working out, there are plenty others to try.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ForceTen

There really is no hard, set rule as to how/when/why a tip should be given. But, that being said, tip because you enjoy. Whether it be an "in the moment" thing for something funny, you really liked such as a dance, joke, or even just a "bless you" or "Gesundheit" when a model sneezes. Or, simply just because you admire the model and the entertainment she provides.

I've commented a few times on reasons I may tip:

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...ammunity-now-camyou.28390/page-11#post-858249

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...-say-im-gonna-tip-this-gal.29747/#post-893420

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...s-what-do-receive-tips-for.29968/#post-898885

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/what-draws-you-to-a-room.28256/page-2#post-854516

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Frank Kodis

...gosh i should be just million dollar mink coat for everyone (synthetic, for those weirdos with faint hearts...) all teh times. :) or at least a robot that anyone should have LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. WickedTouch

A members 2 cents...

Language that is used in prompting the room can also play a big part in this. Models often tend to use terms that they feel apply to the job in hand when reminding the room to contribute, such as... "I need xxxx tokens tonight guys"... or ..."MY goal is xxxx tokens in the next hour " etc etc... but with the best will in the world, such requests can still sound blunt, even graspy/greedy to the room.

An alternative approach could be to bin the exclusive terminology, such as I, me ,mine.... and go with more inclusive terms, such as We, Us, Ours. So, the model can now appear to be the leader of the room... leading her members like a team captain as it were, where everybody is working together to reach a collective goal. So if you were now to say..."Our target is in sight guys"... " We only need xxx tokens to hit Our goal tonight" etc., then it's clear that the model's goal now also becomes the member's goal. Everyone has their eyes on the same prize!

It's simple but often effective.

Good luck!

:)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Mintx

Cam Model

Drop that tip menu and be "you know how to get it ;);)" when members ask for things that they need to be tipping for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Derek_Zoolander

Some suggestions:

Keep your most tantalizing tip options in your topic. A tip menu on your whiteboard or profile is fine but sometimes I'm too lazy to click on those. Only keep the more complicated options there.

Videos and snapchat options have permanence. So sometimes if I am new to a room or unsure I will see this model again, they seem like better deals.

Contributing to a countdown implies commitment. Maybe I am just browsing different rooms so if the countdown isn't close to being reached, I won't be inclined to tip for these.

Flashes and spanks are for instant gratification. These tips are geared toward impulsivity. If you are looking your sexiest and doing the best tease, you will most likely get these tips.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  17. Moffle

V.I.P. AmberLander

That's actually quite a cool approach, I've not seen it before

18. Moffle

V.I.P. AmberLander

Riiiiight....

Freeload much?

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. AudriTwo

Cam Model

The answer is always. Always tip.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mila_

Cam Model

All jokes aside, when I watch models I go by the magazine stand rule: it is okay to pick up a magazine and browse through it's pages to see if you like it enough to buy it. But if I find myself actually reading the magazine... it's time to buy it. Nobody likes the jerk who reads the magazine by the stand for 15 minutes and then puts it back. Don't be that guy. So it's okay to enter models rooms to see what is up but if I find myself in a position where I am actively watching for more than 5 minutes, I tip.

• Agree Agree x 8