AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ghost in the Shell

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2012
NY
As a big nurd, I'm very excited to see one of my all time favorite comics being turned into a movie.
My only concern is they may butcher it.

I have such mixed feelings about this, as a fellow nurd. I get the ScarJo backlash, whatever. I am more concerned that they do justice to the source material. She does, regardless of ethnicity, look a hell of a lot like Motoko Kusanagi all done up. Anime/manga have a lot of Western stylization and that should be taken into account. IDK, fight me. That scene where she's jumping off the building is crazy. I was having a hard time telling what was live action and what wasn't, which ordinarily I'd hate but I guess it isn't entirely out of character for a series about transhumanism.

I am kinda sorta stoked and hoping it doesn't get botched. I've also avoided all press on it because I'd just rather go in as a blank slate.

Edits because I always transpose Misato Katsuragi with Motoko Kusanagi. Too many 90s anime Majors with similar names.

Last edited:
I get that they are going to change stuff about the source material. All adaptations change stuff about the stories. My hope is that they keep the spirit of the anime and manga.

Reactions: Vera
bem1akIO5anhMWo7eDfzMBR5owxl-S5zD7_1r0H3a3U.jpg

@VeraPrice in a recent video, They had the creator of ghost in the shell. And he was saying that ScarJo had lived up and gone beyond his expectations for the charrecter. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

As much as people are upset about 'white washing'. I think Ghost in the Shell has allot of opportunity. It's a mainstream movie that is set in japan. And it's based on manga (japan) material. It could open the door for more manga adaptations. To boycott it, might be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I for one would love to see many of my favorite manga become movies. I mean good movies. As good, if not better then the marvel avengers movies.

Reactions: Vera
They're already doing more manga adaptations with more whitewashing. They're doing Death Note and when an Asian guy went to the audition, they explicitly told him they weren't looking for Asians.

Just saying, it's not really opening the door for anything, and that's giving it far too much credit.

(I have several manga tattoos and love GITS. I'm not just talking out my ass here lmao)

There are clearly elements from the original. And elements that seem to be from the comics, anime, movies.
I think it's more a re-telling.
Refining of the media, and the ideas in the media.

I just got back from seeing it and I thought it was good. I went in with my expectations pretty low after all the bad reviews. In some parts of the movie it felt like the acting was being phoned in. There are parts of the movie where the cgi looked to cartoonish and I think they put too many call backs to the original anime movie just so they could. Overall I say it was about average and I was hoping for more.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ambers Troll
I looooooved the anime! It's my whole childhood, I keep coming back to it all the time and I think this will be the reason I will NOT watch the movie.
I love the idea of Scarlett playing in it, I think she perfectly suits the role, but all the movie remakes just destroy my vision of originals.
I like it too much to watch the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.