AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Giving up camming on cb after another bad night

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gia666

Deactivated Account
Oct 29, 2019
Between other models bashing me in their chat room, and cb doing nothing to stop it despite my reports with screenshots. And sitting online for over 4 hours in a dead room, I have reached my breaking point being a web cam model on cb. I had hardly any viewers, made like $2 and no one chatted. I tried different clothes, tots out, etc, nothing helped. when do you finally call it quits?

So very sorry to hear it's been a tough run for you recently @Gia666

No real words to say :(
giphy.gif

I can’t take cb any longer. no matter what I do it’s never enough. When I did make a bit of money earlier I was totally naked. And even then it was not much. What site should I try. I’m willing to give another site a try. I am just so discouraged, I’m in tears. i don’t know how it got so bad on cb.
Try MFC and Streamate... but take a little break for a few days, do nice things for yourself maybe get a haircut, buy something cute, feel better, and do it when you are feeling good

I agree with @Mila_ . I reached my breaking point on CB last May and went over to MFC. It was a bit overwhelming at first- I thought they were very similar, but there's a bit more to learn on MFC. Nothing you can't handle though. And you'd have a New badge to take advantage of. And now that you know the ropes of camming, you can take that knowledge (fake tips, scammers, etc that are everywhere) and start anew. You can do it! If you have any questions about transitioning over to MFC, feel free to reach out!

I agree with @Mila_ . I reached my breaking point on CB last May and went over to MFC. It was a bit overwhelming at first- I thought they were very similar, but there's a bit more to learn on MFC. Nothing you can't handle though. And you'd have a New badge to take advantage of. And now that you know the ropes of camming, you can take that knowledge (fake tips, scammers, etc that are everywhere) and start anew. You can do it! If you have any questions about transitioning over to MFC, feel free to reach out!

Any tips on transitioning to MFC from CB would be greatly appreciated!!

Any tips on transitioning to MFC from CB would be greatly appreciated!!
Ok, there are quite a few differences between the two....
-Privates are priced at 60tk/min, unlike CB where you price your own.
-Ninja tips!! Members on MFC can tip you privately, without others in the room seeing. Tips are shaded in grey instead of yellow and even say underneath 'tip not shown in room'. If you're a model who thanks her members for tipping, say 'thank you ninja!' instead of their username.
-not sure if you use a mod in your CB room, but on MFC they are called 'room helpers' and they have more power on MFC than on CB- so be careful! I personally don't use one, but once you assign them, they can do things like change your goals, change your room topic, and probably other things I can't think of at the moment
-there's a 'whiteboard' on MFC, where you can put whatever you want- I put my tip menu there and any other pertinent information that I don't feel like repeating (skype pricing and info- because trust me, if you think you were asked a lot about skypes on CB, get ready! I was BOMBARDED on MFC, so decide if/how you want to handle that)
-charlesbot. Admittedly, I don't take full advantage but such a good tool! go to www.charlesbot.com and you will find all the info you need to incorporate him into your room. This includes games, prompts, lots of useful tools
-friend list. Charge to add members to your friends list. Once you do, they have the ability to PM you, so keep that in mind. Click on the members name and you'll see 'add friend'.

Those are the things coming to mind at the moment.. Then there's MFC Share, which is it's own beast. Explore that if you're not familiar! Models sell all their content there, set various goals for things (trips, nails, whatever the f they want), polls, fan club things. It's almost like a naughty social media site in a way. Some models post some sexy pics and let people know they are about to go on.
Again, since you already know the general idea of cam sites and how they work, you're ahead of the game. Watch some other rooms to get a general idea, but don't overthink it either. I jumped on without knowing too much, but the members were helpful, for the most part. I made it clear that I was not new to camming- I think I even wrote that on my whiteboard, and I do think it helps curb the scamming attempts when they know you aren't a cam baby and it's not your first rodeo. Good luck!

To expand on @Gia_Xo post...
-Privates are priced at 60tk/min, unlike CB where you price your own.

There is also TruePrivate, which is 80tk/min. But, this is like exclusive in that no one can spy on it. Such as is the case with regular private, which you get 20tk/min for anyone spying(IIRC)

-Ninja tips!! Members on MFC can tip you privately, without others in the room seeing. Tips are shaded in grey instead of yellow and even say underneath 'tip not shown in room'. If you're a model who thanks her members for tipping, say 'thank you ninja!' instead of their username.

Actually, there's a lot of tip features that as a member I really like:

• Hidden tip amount (shows as "Username has tipped Model" in the room. No amount shows to the chatroom)
  • Silent tips (my favourite, but also confuses a lot of models if they aren't familiar with it)
  • Anonymous tips
  • Ninja tips (tip is not shown to the room at all)
  • By default, tips and tip notes are shown in the room. So, I always like to see a model have Charlesbot or her say "Please keep dirty talk in tip notes only. No dirty talk in room please!"

Some of these are chatroom command options and can be done in combination, so you have to go into member settings and enable them. It's shown on the wiki for this.

-friend list. Charge to add members to your friends list. Once you do, they have the ability to PM you, so keep that in mind. Click on the members name and you'll see 'add friend'.

But, you also need to change your PM settings so that only friends can PM you. As a member, I only allow friends and bookmarked models to PM me.

As a member, I don't mind tipping for this so long as it's reasonable. I've seen models range anywhere from 50 to 300 tokens. Typically, it's in the 50-100 range as I've seen it. If I go into a new model's room, I'll temporarily add her to the bookmarked list so she can PM me if she wants. I will normally send a tip with a hidden note saying "Hello" and if there's something I want to ask privately I will usually do it in a hidden tip note

Good luck!

To expand on @Gia_Xo post...

There is also TruePrivate, which is 80tk/min. But, this is like exclusive in that no one can spy on it. Such as is the case with regular private, which you get 20tk/min for anyone spying(IIRC)

Actually, there's a lot of tip features that as a member I really like:

• Hidden tip amount (shows as "Username has tipped Model" in the room. No amount shows to the chatroom)
  • Silent tips (my favourite, but also confuses a lot of models if they aren't familiar with it)
  • Anonymous tips
  • Ninja tips (tip is not shown to the room at all)
  • By default, tips and tip notes are shown in the room. So, I always like to see a model have Charlesbot or her say "Please keep dirty talk in tip notes only. No dirty talk in room please!"

Some of these are chatroom command options and can be done in combination, so you have to go into member settings and enable them. It's shown on the wiki for this.

But, you also need to change your PM settings so that only friends can PM you. As a member, I only allow friends and bookmarked models to PM me.

As a member, I don't mind tipping for this so long as it's reasonable. I've seen models range anywhere from 50 to 300 tokens. Typically, it's in the 50-100 range as I've seen it. If I go into a new model's room, I'll temporarily add her to the bookmarked list so she can PM me if she wants. I will normally send a tip with a hidden note saying "Hello" and if there's something I want to ask privately I will usually do it in a hidden tip note

Good luck!
AHH Yes!!! The things I forget! I knew I'd miss some important things, so thanks for adding to it :happy:

AHH Yes!!! The things I forget! I knew I'd miss some important things, so thanks for adding to it :happy:

You're welcome! If you don't use or see it often, easy to forget about. I've had a lot of models comment that they think my tips are broken because they don't hear them. I have to explain that I deliberately tip silently. I'd actually like to see MFC add an silent option into the tip GUI or preferences so they stay.

You're welcome! If you don't use or see it often, easy to forget about. I've had a lot of models comment that they think my tips are broken because they don't hear them. I have to explain that I deliberately tip silently. I'd actually like to see MFC add an silent option into the tip GUI or preferences so they stay.
{yikes} I didn't even know about silent tips! 🤯

Status
Not open for further replies.