AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Going in dark/blind with OnlyFans

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2011
I just wanted to bring up a topic I've been thinking about recentley. And wanted to see what others here thought about my views on the matter.

In the past & also recentley I've considered subscribing to people on OnlyFans. But at times the problem I have with it is you kinda feel like you're going in dark, into the unknown if you don't know the person or know them well. With cam models it's not like that as much because their audience is mostly guys. Some of which tip them & buy videos, and some who subscribe to their OnlyFans. And so there's a good chance you can communicate with some of them to find out what the model's OnlyFans is like.

But with some other OnlyFans creators such as Twich streamers or Youtubers that's when in my opinion it can become really difficult to know what you're subbing to. Because their platform doesn't originally feature adult content like you see on OnlyFans. Sure you might be able to communite with some of their viewers who sub to their OnlyFans. But if I were to guesss on average your chances are lower than if the OnlyFans creator is for e.g. a cam model. And so the point I'm trying to make here is maybe it'd be a good idea if there was some sort of feedback/review system on OnlyFans so there's some transparency & people know more about what they're subbing to.

Reactions: zippypinhead
Note:- Adding extra because my edit time expired

.....if you don't know the person or know them well. And I say this not only because of how OnlyFans is setup (for e.g. not letting you preview a creator's page). But also because of how some creators have decided to setup their page. For e.g. charging a monthly fee & then having lots of pics/vids locked behind a paywall. Don't take me wrong I think it's perfectley understandable to charge extra for the odd special pic or vid. But when it's a lot then it's just ridiculous.

The issue I have with OF is that it's a paywall service provider that's pretending to be social media. So, all the things that should be present for a potential paying customer is not. As you say, a review system would be great, as would the ability to simply see a preview of the content present in an OF feed, like Manyvids and MFC Share and every other service like what OF actually is. It sucks paying for completely hidden content. I've ended up getting burned a few times because of this -- paying premium prices for absolute shit, an even paying twice for the same content that had been re-presented with a different description. Paying subscription fees, only to get a second paywall in the form of daily DMs; paying subscription fees, only to get more ads for other models than content from the model I'm paying to see; finding more "exclusive" content available on IG or Twitter, rather than it being included with content I'm paying for. Overall, OF provides a lackluster user experience, because it's intentionally missing features every other service like it provides to customers. It always feels like a gamble to get OF content, and my experience has been far more often disappointing than positive.

Reactions: NotYou
Note:- Adding extra because my edit time expired

.....if you don't know the person or know them well. And I say this not only because of how OnlyFans is setup (for e.g. not letting you preview a creator's page). But also because of how some creators have decided to setup their page. For e.g. charging a monthly fee & then having lots of pics/vids locked behind a paywall. Don't take me wrong I think it's perfectley understandable to charge extra for the odd special pic or vid. But when it's a lot then it's just ridiculous.

Well my OF page is free to subscribe to with videos being the things you have to pay to unlock. I've been making free video previews (7 seconds long or less) for people to be able to watch a short clip before deciding to buy the $4.99 video. Yet I'm still only having the same few people spending money. Everyone else is just on my page for the free shit...liking a post here and there (where there's cleavage or an ass shot) but not tipping me $1 on any of the posts, and just not spending at all.

Reactions: jillianna
Well my OF page is free to subscribe to with videos being the things you have to pay to unlock. I've been making free video previews (7 seconds long or less) for people to be able to watch a short clip before deciding to buy the $4.99 video. Yet I'm still only having the same few people spending money. Everyone else is just on my page for the free shit...liking a post here and there (where there's cleavage or an ass shot) but not tipping me $1 on any of the posts, and just not spending at all.

That's what I do.

Seems to make much more sense to me to allow my fans to subscribe for free then pay for what they wish to see. I always have a preview available. Took awhile to start making money with that method but I like the fact that I don't have to feel pressured to always post new stuff because they are not charged unless they choose to buy a video or a one on one session with me. I don't have the time or energy to post every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.