AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good Camming Article IMhO

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2011
I just found this, or actually my GF just found this and sent it to me. It might have already surfaced here, in which case, don't reply, reply and point me to the thread, or reply with an appropriate comment like, "You jackass, stop being so lazy and search next time, there's already a thread here on this."

This examination on camming while being incomplete to some extent, (Something any short piece is inevitably going to be), I think is as good, or better than anything else I have read. The only mistake I caught first time through, was including ratings in the elements of what goes into making a cam score. And, since I don't know exactly what goes into a making up a CS, I can't not say with 100% certainty that that was wrong. In my experience errors in reports about camming are usually the rule not the exception.

From start to finish I thought it was a good read. Did I say finish? Well, almost all the way through - I think the last line will have many models taking a step back and shaking their head. :snooty:

That last line maybe highlights the most substantial bit of nuance overlooked. I understand bypassing the negative fog of blurred perceptions that unfortunately sometimes comes with camming, as it tends to sour the best course written about cam land, but why pick it up at the close like some unknown hitchhiker, and just drive off?

http://www.thestranger.com/features/fea ... f-sex-work

Kind of a breezie article without a lot of depth. Like "she can make $400 in 45 minutes." If that's true, her cam score of 5350, which is good, would be much higher. That's 8000 tokens, right? In 45 minutes?

Yeah, I'm sure she CAN do that, but the article seems to imply that that's her regular rate of acquiring tokens.

Reactions: Vera
Nordling said:
Kind of a breezie article without a lot of depth. Like "she can make $400 in 45 minutes." If that's true, her cam score of 5350, which is good, would be much higher. That's 8000 tokens, right? In 45 minutes?

Yeah, I'm sure she CAN do that, but the article seems to imply that that's her regular rate of acquiring tokens.

Well, not to be pedantic, but, "she can," isn't the same as, "she consistently does." I certainly don't know, but I would imagine that 5k camscore puts a lady squarely in the territory of many-thousand token countdowns, and occasional 10k tips.

That last line is omg scary! I think mfc models have such a different mindset in regards to how open they can be, than models from more private based sites. From reading thIs forum though I'm glad to see that's becoming more the exception though than the rule.

For the past two years over here in the UK we've had documentary after documentary and spoo many news stories about camming it's just ridiculous! There are SO many new girls now just flooding the little site I work on and love, along with streamate. To be honest I've always viewed this in a negative light - more competition = less revenue for me. But this article brought up an interesting new way to look at it in terms of viewing the influx of new models as driving change within the industry.

Overall an interesting read. Thanks for posting!

Nordling said:

Not to be argumentative (only sharing my interpretation), but I have to disagree. The "bust" is clearly mentioned alongside the "boom" aspect (though the emphasis does lean a little to the "boom"). The hard work and ingenuity that are needed for success are brought up (interview with Lainey). And some of the more disturbing aspects of the industry are also mentioned, so it's not like the article is a complete gloss over.

I was especially interested to see Cam4 mentioned. I have come to despise this site. On the other two sites the fave works (or at least the other two I am aware of :lol:), I have seen her have some fair nights and some poor nights; but all I have ever seen on Cam4 is her surrounded by a pack of beggars who think the dick pic they are flaunting will get them a view of her fisting. I am thankful she appears to be ready to leave that hole of depravity behind, since she says she was once again tipped with a stolen cc, and she has once again been left holding the bag.

Curious to hear the opinions of others on the final three paragraphs of the article.

camstory said:
I just found this, or actually my GF just found this and sent it to me. It might have already surfaced here, in which case, don't reply, reply and point me to the thread, or reply with an appropriate comment like, "You jackass, stop being so lazy and search next time, there's already a thread here on this."

This examination on camming while being incomplete to some extent, (Something any short piece is inevitably going to be), I think is as good, or better than anything else I have read. The only mistake I caught first time through, was including ratings in the elements of what goes into making a cam score. And, since I don't know exactly what goes into a making up a CS, I can't not say with 100% certainty that that was wrong. In my experience errors in reports about camming are usually the rule not the exception.

From start to finish I thought it was a good read. Did I say finish? Well, almost all the way through - I think the last line will have many models taking a step back and shaking their head. :snooty:

That last line maybe highlights the most substantial bit of nuance overlooked. I understand bypassing the negative fog of blurred perceptions that unfortunately sometimes comes with camming, as it tends to sour the best course written about cam land, but why pick it up at the close like some unknown hitchhiker, and just drive off?

http://www.thestranger.com/features/fea ... f-sex-work

I quite liked the article nice mix of positive, facts, and the negatives. This forum is vastly over represented of successful independent models. The page 4 girls working for a studio in Eastern Europe are way more common than we want to believe, we seldom hear their stories. I like that the author did her homework and reached LiveJasmin, I find it interesting that they've changed their pay out. Anybody have more information that?

I'm sucker for a happy ending good for Eevie

zippypinhead said:
Nordling said:

Well, not to be pedantic, but, "she can," isn't the same as, "she consistently does." I certainly don't know, but I would imagine that 5k camscore puts a lady squarely in the territory of many-thousand token countdowns, and occasional 10k tips.
Yeah, no argument really, It's just how the article hit me. Fact is, any model of any cam score can make 8000 tokens in 45 minutes on occasion, but mentioning it early in the article without any other qualifiers gave it way too much weight.

Thank you for sharing this interesting article!

I don't think it was a complete picture of our work life but it was a start nonetheless. For sure, the piece about teaming up with fellow models was refreshing!

I have watched the bikini barista shows and she made no attempt to hide her location so a viewer turning up was inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.