AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good online sex toy store

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosy

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 16, 2016
USA
Twitter Username
@BennieOnCam
Chaturbate Username
Bennie_
I am sure there is some answers to this in the model section, but if anyone has some advice for me that would be great.

I am working on putting together some videos to start up a ManyVids page and I wanted a few new sex toys for the videos. I am on a budget right now so I am not looking for top tier toys, but good safe ones. I have looked over the safety thread so I know to buy medical grade silicone and have some ideas what to get, but I am not sure where to get them. I'm not quite comfortable yet visiting a sex store yet, plus I am one of those people who needs to spend multiple hours reading reviews and looking at everything before I buy so I don't miss something.

I'm looking for one vibrator and a dildo for BJ videos in particular.

I bought my first vibrator from My Pleasure years ago for personal use. Is this a good place with good prices?

Thank you all :turtle:

• Helpful!
Reactions: Kiki Jane
Honestly, Amazon has a ton of toys and some are even on Prime. I buy 90% of my toys there.

Honestly, Amazon has a ton of toys and some are even on Prime. I buy 90% of my toys there.

Okay I will try there. That would be my first choice but this from the safety thread had me thinking that wasn't a good idea.

Amazon sex toys. It is perfectly fine to buy sex toys on amazon. BUT, be careful!! Since toys are sold as novelties, they can lie to you about what they are made of! It can say it's phthalate free and 100% medical grade silicone, but chances are it's not. A big indicator if you buy it, is if it has a nasty smell that doesn't go away. I was told by a fellow camgirl that pipedream prodcuts were 100% safe. I went to a sex shop and bought one, it had the most disgusting smell to it. Even the lady at the store told it was safe! Turns out it was rubber.. and rubber is porous. No one told me it had a shelf life!

SheVibe is pretty awesome, and they're careful about which materials they stock.

If you sign up for email updates from Adam & Eve, they frequently send discount codes and free vibrators and glass dildos - with purchase of $17 after discounts and before shipping/tax.

I agree on Amazon for almost everything. Doc Johnson is, in my experience, a good and safe brand of toys. I just ordered this guy for BJ videos myself, as my previous candidate had a run-in with a blue magic marker and looks pretty bad right now.

Reactions: Lovelyhills
I agree on Amazon for almost everything. Doc Johnson is, in my experience, a good and safe brand of toys. I just ordered this guy for BJ videos myself, as my previous candidate had a run-in with a blue magic marker and looks pretty bad right now.

I don't like to be a naysayer, but Doc Johnson is NOT body-safe across the board. They do have a silicone line which I hear good things about, but don't assume all Doc Johnson toys are body-safe. Some links:

http://dangerouslilly.com/2014/08/ask-lilly-what-is-sil-a-gel/
http://dangerouslilly.com/toxictoys/
https://www.tinynibbles.com/unsafe
http://www.edenfantasys.com/sex-forum/companies/doc-johnson/do-you-still-trust/

(A good rule of thumb: If the company doesn't have a giant "WE ARE BODY SAFE" label on their website, they're probably not body safe. It's something to be proud of and something companies will market if it's true. Doc Johnson boasts about their 100% Health Grade Silicone DEPARTMENT. Not everything they make is something you want to stick in your holes.)

OP, if you stick to borosilicate glass and silicone, you can get tons of great toys for cheap on Amazon. Occasionally you can find affordable stainless steel toys but read the reviews first to make sure they're actually made of stainless steel.

Also, many sex toys are totally fine so long as you put a condom on them, but it's a bit of a hassle. (I put a condom on my hitachi every single time I use it, because the head of the hitachi is porous.)

I sound passionate about this stuff because I once burned my butthole on a cheap jelly butt plug. You do not want to go through this. Trust me.
:)

If you want a realitic dildo, you're going to need to invest. The majority of realistic dildos can poison you. I'm afraid there's no getting around it. Vixskin and Tantus are two safe realistic options. Unfortunately, Doc Johnson toys aren't safe. www.edenfantasys.com is a good site for vibrators. They rarely carry realistic toys, but they specify each product's materials and have sales and deals quite frequently.

Reactions: Lorelei
I've read some very very bad reviews about Adam & Eve... Bad customer service, things coming damaged or used which is unacceptable, and sometimes not-so-discreet mail... including postcard type advertisements after purchase out in open mail. Has anyone here had a bad experience with them?

• Wat?!
Reactions: fandango
I've read some very very bad reviews about Adam & Eve... Bad customer service, things coming damaged or used which is unacceptable, and sometimes not-so-discreet mail... including postcard type advertisements after purchase out in open mail. Has anyone here had a bad experience with them?
USED? OMG! That is horrific.

The post cards that I get are typically the ones that are folded in half and stuck in place with glue dots, so as long as they don't open in transit, they're pretty discreet. Other times, they come in an envelope that looks like standard spam mail.

Depending on the size of the order, things are shipped either in a plain white plastic bubble mailer, or a plain brown box. I've ordered with them multiple times and never had obvious packaging.

I haven't heard about things arriving used, but I've heard that about Eden Fantasys - and employees have even said they'd seen coworkers washing returned toys, or been told to send returned toys out in new orders.

• Wat?!
Reactions: fandango
I buy my toys from amazon, but I make sure to purchase name brand sex toys. Stay away from cheaper toys like California Exotic. Their shit breaks within weeks and it's always questionable material.

I haven't heard about things arriving used, but I've heard that about Eden Fantasys - and employees have even said they'd seen coworkers washing returned toys, or been told to send returned toys out in new orders.

Um this happened to me. I received a toy that wasn't in a wrapper when I took it out of the box and there was cat hair on it. Got my money back. Wrote a review on the site under the toy warning other customers not to purchase this toy because they are trying to sell a used toy. I checked it now, and it looks like someone deleted it. el oh el

DON'T PURCHASE FROM EDEN'S FANTASY
for health reasons, yo.

So, I'm OBSESSED with Tantus, especially their O2 line. Keep an eye on their promotions, because I have gotten Tantus dildos from the Tantus website for $9.99-$14.99. They also have the Grab Bag section, where you can get a toy at an extreme discount in a random color - either a color that they're testing, or a random pour of assorted colors.

I need to do a Tantus toy collection picture, because I own around 10, and they're sooooo pretty.

I like pinkcherry.com, low prices and shipped discreetly (which I am sure most sites do). I am so glad they do that becauses ometimes I have to pick stuff up at the front desk. I will have to check out Tantus, never heard of them. I have heard Adam & Eve has crappy customer service.

The problem with shopping for sex toys on Amazon is that so many are sold by these oddball third party sellers that I've never heard of, and most of those don't give me much confidence in the provenance and authenticity of the products. For example, you might see an enormous variation in the prices for a particular nJoy product. If one of these items costs, say, half of the normal retail price, I might suspect that it didn't go through authorized retail channels, and who knows what that might mean.

If you're going to buy toys on Amazon, it's best to stick with the items that are sold by and shipped from Amazon.

If anyone from the UK is looking for a good toy site, lovehoney is really great!

My favorite online stores for sex toys all started out as retail shops but now sell toys online as well.

The Pleasure Chest is an awesome site. The also have brick-and-mortar stores in West Hollywood, Chicago, and NYC. Their West Hollywood location is usually the first place I look for sex toys.

Babeland sells only the best stuff, but they can sometimes be a bit more expensive than other stores. They have stores in Seattle and NYC. (Sadly their Los Angeles location closed years ago. I still miss it. It was my girlfriend's favorite sex shop ever.)

I've heard great things about Early to Bed although I haven't shopped there myself. They have a store in Chicago.

The Smitten Kitten is pretty well known and has a great selection. They have a store in Minneapolis.

Good Vibrations is one of the oldest of the well-regarded sex shops. I've bought stuff from their website many times, and I've also been to their Berkeley store. (And also one of their other locations, I think; they have quite a few in the Bay Area.) I've always been very happy with them.

I'm probably forgetting a few, but these are all great places to look for quality toys.

Reactions: Lorelei
Okay I will try there. That would be my first choice but this from the safety thread had me thinking that wasn't a good idea.

If you're worried about that, check some European sites (even if you don't want to buy there), that kind of lying is very illegal in the EU, even for "novelties".

@Joanne_ said it! Lovehoney is my absolute favourite. I like them because they have next day shipping (for only $15 where I live), they have so many reviews on their products, and even videos describing the products themselves in use. http://www.lovehoney.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.