AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Got a Clips4Sale question? Post it here! :)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose

Cam Model
V.I.P. AmberLander
Apr 10, 2011
Music City
blackxrose92.com
Twitter Username
@BlackxRose92
Tumblr Username
BlackxRose92
MFC Username
RosiePie
Streamate Username
BlackxxxRose
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/studio/54271/Rose-Black_s-Fetish-Store
From my quote in another thread:
Hey guys! This thread is for all C4S related questions. Want advice from some of the other seasoned C4S guys/girls? Pose your question here and hopefully someone will answer it. You may also want to check out the How To thread over in General Camming Discussion*.

Clips4Sale has a HUGE selection of studios: female, male, transgender (somebody help me fill the info on all this properly pretty please!). Studios are anywhere from nude to non-nude and all the inbetweens. Figured this thread would be best in the public section because of that. :)

*Someone else is welcome to start a How To thread over in General Camming Discussion, otherwise I can do it tomorrow.

Figure I'll post a question first, but I'm going to cheat and post the answer as well.

One of the most common questions we get over in Models Only in the main Clips4sale thread is whether or not someone can open multiple stores and link them together.

Yes! You can. :thumbleft: :thumbleft: You can open up to 4 stores. It is up to you whether or not to link them. If your payout information is the same for all of your stores then you'll receive one payment instead of payments for each store, whether or not your stores are linked.

Example: I have a solo store, a fetish store, and a couple's store. My solo and fetish stores have the same payment information: direct deposit. On the 5th of each month I get one direct deposit for both stores from the previous month. My couple's store has different payment information that goes to a different account so I do not see that money. :thumbleft:

Just wanted to post a little add on to Rose's thing about payment: when you have ACH (the only payment I've had so far besides check) it can be deposited between the 5th & the 7th. So try not to panic too much if it isn't falling on the same day every month.

TittySprinkles said:
Just wanted to post a little add on to Rose's thing about payment: when you have ACH (the only payment I've had so far besides check) it can be deposited between the 5th & the 7th. So try not to panic too much if it isn't falling on the same day every month.
Don't forget to take bank processing into account as well. :)

I have a Clips4Sale question!

How do you post a link in your store that leads to all your clips in a certain category? Like how some people have "my favourite categories" and post links to individual categories. How do you do that?!?

GenXoxo said:
I have a Clips4Sale question!

How do you post a link in your store that leads to all your clips in a certain category? Like how some people have "my favourite categories" and post links to individual categories. How do you do that?!?

After signing into your admin page do the following :D

9Uh7l0H.png

HcPTyhi.png

AveKM02.png

mrVyFCg.png

Oh cool! I didn't know that!! Thanks Frankie. :dance:

If you have a mac, how do you convert video files to the appropriate formats easily? Is there a good program to download?

Reactions: EdieCapone
I use wondershare- I bought it for my old PC and i love it- it was about $25 but it lets me convert all my videos to any format I want.

Thought I'd post my question here, too.

Anyone who's had to have someone else fill out a model release form, which form did you use? If you used the "sample form" that C4S offers, what kinds of ID did the person have to use? Did they just print it, fill it out, then scan it, etc.?

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Reactions: EdieCapone
CassieDawn said:
Thought I'd post my question here, too.

Anyone who's had to have someone else fill out a model release form, which form did you use? If you used the "sample form" that C4S offers, what kinds of ID did the person have to use? Did they just print it, fill it out, then scan it, etc.?

Anyway, thanks in advance!
Any written thing that clearly states everyone is consenting and knows what the material will be used for should be good enough, if it has everyone's signatures. Their sample form is most likely good enough. I'd suggest driver's license, passport, etc. Something that's government issued and can prove they are who they say they are.

Print, scan, save should be good enough. Support doesn't actually need those forms, but you'll need to keep them on file somewhere safe in case of (fill in situation here).

Jillybean said:
I *know* this question has to be answered somewhere, but I can't find it...

Link?

How does the email system on C4S work? If I email them a clip, does it email them the actual clip or an offer to buy it? Is it an effective means of advertising? How did I end up with all these emails? Do they have to subscribe? Or does it happen automatically when they buy a clip?
People have to choose to sign themselves up for your emails. It isn't automatic, as far as I know. If I remember correctly, when you email someone an advertised clip the system will send them a prompt to buy it if they click on it through the email.

It depends on you. I rarely use the email system because I get busy and forget, but I think it would be a good means of advertising. Take for example: I have a very, very large number of hiccup fans. Assuming all of them sign up for my email, if I sent out an email each time I posted a new hiccuping clip it would make it really easy and convenient for them to buy all of my newest hiccuping clips. That would probably make it a lot easier for me to keep holding my number 1 spot in that category. :twocents-02cents:

I thought I would throw in my pennyworth on success on C4S - most people opening a store are probably wondering 'How do I make good sales?' or 'How do I get noticed on C4S?' or 'How do I get more people to view my store?' etc.

Well, I'm pretty new to this but here are a few things that I believe help, increasing views and ultimately sales -

Firstly and most importantly - upload, upload, upload. The more you upload new clips, the more you'll be featured on recently updated stores - this will draw people into your store - either to buy the latest clip or they may end up purchasing older clips. I can say for sure that my views increases day by day, when I upload frequently, when I stop uploading, they gradually start to fall.

Uploading to different categories is good advice, especially when you are starting out - unless you have a target niche in mind already of course - otherwise, experiment with different types of clips. I started off with some pretty obvious categories, and didn't see any mind blowing sales, but have recently started exploring mouth fetish...vore...etc and starting to maybe find a zone that I can sell well in...I think it takes time and testing to find the categories you can sell really great in...don't give up because you have a great feet, uploaded a bunch of clips and made no sales....try food or object crushing...shoe fetish and so on..

Uploading the same clip in a couple of different formats* is great for a few reasons...it makes your hard work go a little further, you can cross post to two different categories (double exposure) and even on different days or within different timezones (helps with the consistent uploading), it makes your clips available to people using different systems (PC/MAC etc and people often just prefer certain file types.

*A note on uploading the same clip in different formats - if you go to your first clip listing, click on new clip at the bottom of the page and it will open up a new clip form, with all the details already filled in. This saves you re-writing your clip info and entering all your categories again, just remember to change the title slightly (add format for ex.) and change your main category if you want to cross post!

When you've uploaded a new clip - don't forget to check out your settings for the preview image and the GIF. This is something I totally overlooked at first, until someone kindly pointed it out and it effects what potential customers first see to bring them to your clips from the main page. You are able to set the preview image (rollover on main page) and the preview gif on your store. There's a little tool for making the gif that's pretty handy. You'll find both these settings under 'List Clips'

Ok, well all this information is basically things I've learned and collected from the other C4S thread, so big thanks go out to all the girls over there that helped me out! I hope this is useful to those just starting out! Good luck!

Ive been half-assedly trying to get my clips4sale going but its so backburner because I can't shake the feeling that it won't be worth it. I get the impression that most girls need to upload everyday in order to keep their store popular. But as someone who is paranoid and very fussy about what videos I put out, and who neurotically spend hours editing and perfecting solo videos I feel like it won't be worth it. OR that I wouldnt be able to upload consistently because Im so picky. It could also potentially take time away from MFC stuff and real life.

So I guess my simple question is, without getting TOO personal,
A)Assuming I put out a video daily or a few times a week, and my store is established (I understand things are slow at first on any site!) how much can I realistically expect to make from C4S in a month?
B) I sell my solo videos on MFC for about 200 tokens each. Is it unrealistic to hope for the same on my clips?

Reactions: EdieCapone and Gen
Jessi said:
A)Assuming I put out a video daily or a few times a week, and my store is established (I understand things are slow at first on any site!) how much can I realistically expect to make from C4S in a month?
B) I sell my solo videos on MFC for about 200 tokens each. Is it unrealistic to hope for the same on my clips?

A) This is hard to answer because (in my opinion) it depends a lot on the categories you're in (and maybe on other things like your looks/style, if you are driving traffic from MFC or Twitter, etc). But I would guess you could make between $200 on the lower end and maybe...800-1000 on the higher end? Assuming one video per day. If you are doing certain fetishes, custom videos, or just make super awesome clips maybe more but if you are averaging a video or less per day, I would guess somewhere in there.

B) For videos that I sell on MFC, I generally keep them around the same price on C4S and they still sell!

For girls who make content on other sites, it's so easy to upload to C4S using FTP programs and if you already have gifs made and descriptions written, I think it's really worthwhile to just upload them overnight and make a little extra money.

I also have a link to my clips store on my videos page that I post on MFC - I don't list my fetish clips on that page because I don't want it to be cluttered, but most nights when I post the link to my videos list, I get a big increase in hits to my c4s page and a few sales (usually of fetish videos). So if you have extra videos that you don't sell on MFC, I think it's worth adding the link to your C4S page and possibly getting some more sales.

Jessi said:
As a consumer on c4s, I see videos priced anywhere from $5 to $20 typically. Anything less than $10 that I vaguely want is pretty much a no brainer (I buy it). If its more than $10, I'll decide if it's something I really want before buying it, but I typically won't sweat it unless it's pushing $15 and over.

Kradek said:
Jessi said:
As a consumer on c4s, I see videos priced anywhere from $5 to $20 typically. Anything less than $10 that I vaguely want is pretty much a no brainer (I buy it). If its more than $10, I'll decide if it's something I really want before buying it, but I typically won't sweat it unless it's pushing $15 and over.
Thanks for answering this! It's nice to hear opinions on prices from a non-seller's perspective. :mrgreen:

Jessi said:

Just to touch on this again as Gen said it depends on various things like your style/body type/categories you choose etc. For a bit of perspective, pop over to our 'C4S Make X Amount' Models Only thread. You'll see there's crazy huge ranges between our goals. It helped me when I first opened my store to kinda lurk and watch what ladies set their goals at/whether or not they met them consistently. Also I monitored the goals of ladies similar to my body type/style, assuming I'd be uploading in some similar categories for myself.

In a nutshell for those without access to Models Only. Some of us aim anywhere between $XXX a month all the way up to $XXXX and everywhere in between. I think it takes a safe 2-3 months of being at least semi-consistent to realize what 'your' average monthly income is going to be for you based off sales. Typically when it's past that point you'll only see it grow the more you hang around, upload and expand into new categories!

Jessi said:

On months where I don't update at ALL I generally make $0-$50 on clip sales. I'm not a terribly established store. I've uploaded about 64 videos since...October?

This month I did one clip (custom) and made ~$200, but half of that was the charge for the custom (I sold 26 clips.) Most of those sales were NOT the new video, but a few were.

I find my biggest sellers are the shorter (therefore cheaper) ones-- anything under $10 especially.

Jessi said:
Ive been half-assedly trying to get my clips4sale going but its so backburner because I can't shake the feeling that it won't be worth it. I get the impression that most girls need to upload everyday in order to keep their store popular. But as someone who is paranoid and very fussy about what videos I put out, and who neurotically spend hours editing and perfecting solo videos I feel like it won't be worth it. OR that I wouldnt be able to upload consistently because Im so picky. It could also potentially take time away from MFC stuff and real life.

I would have to say go for it. I've been working with another model who's not on the forum trying to get her to set one up for over a year. She finally started it up a couple months ago. In that time she's already cranked out around 115 videos for sale and she's told me that it's basically bringing in the equivalent to another mfc paycheck every month for her. So it's worth her time.

LilyEvans said:
On months where I don't update at ALL I generally make $0-$50 on clip sales. I'm not a terribly established store. I've uploaded about 64 videos since...October?

Question about this.

During times when you aren't making new content, isn't it possible to just delete some of your older videos every week and then re-upload them? Won't you appear on the homepage in the newly updated studios section? I've heard other models say this is what they do during times when they just don't have time to crank out new videos.

JerryBoBerry said:
LilyEvans said:

Question about this.

During times when you aren't making new content, isn't it possible to just delete some of your older videos every week and then re-upload them? Won't you appear on the homepage in the newly updated studios section? I've heard other models say this is what they do during times when they just don't have time to crank out new videos.

You can do this if you change the file names.

I probably wouldn't because you would lose any progress you made towards being in the top 50 in that category or with that clip (not everyone cares about top 50s but I think they should). If you do it, make sure you very carefully explain that it's a re-upload so people don't buy it twice.

JerryBoBerry said:
LilyEvans said:

Question about this.

It is very time consuming. To have it work the way you're suggesting, you'd have to delete the clip, then delete the file completely from your store, wait a few hours, reupload it and then completely repost it. I've done this before..... Very time consuming. Much easier to just convert it to a different format and do a cross post. Takes maybe 10 minutes depending on how fast your computer and internet are. :twocents-02cents:

Some ladies have deleted their clips to re-upload, but haven't been put into the Recently Updated categories the second time around. This happens when they delete the clip from their 'List Clips section of the admin panel. There's a giant red 'X' that says delete and logically, you'd think it was deleted. However, deleting a clip from that area only prevents it from showing up in your store. It's still active on the C4S server that you initially uploaded it to.

For ladies to sucessfully take down/reupload clips and be featured on the Recently Updated lists again, they need to go through here:

0fVZXSD.png

Once they are deleted from the server, slightly rename the file before uploading again. This way C4S reads it correctly as new and features it.

EDIT: By the time I finished writing this Gen and Rose have answered it, haha. We're a helpful bunch ladies! Definitely time consuming as Rose said. For the time it takes to go through I'd rather whip up a new 2 min clip if I'm that desperate.

:lol:

KyraFortune said:
Some ladies have deleted their clips to re-upload, but haven't been put into the Recently Updated categories the second time around. This happens when they delete the clip from their 'List Clips section of the admin panel. There's a giant red 'X' that says delete and logically, you'd think it was deleted. However, deleting a clip from that area only prevents it from showing up in your store. It's still active on the C4S server that you initially uploaded it to.

For ladies to sucessfully take down/reupload clips and be featured on the Recently Updated lists again, they need to go through here:

0fVZXSD.png

Once they are deleted from the server, slightly rename the file before uploading again. This way C4S reads it correctly as new and features it.

EDIT: By the time I finished writing this Gen and Rose have answered it, haha. We're a helpful bunch ladies! Definitely time consuming as Rose said. For the time it takes to go through I'd rather whip up a new 2 min clip if I'm that desperate.

:lol:
Your screencap goes perfectly with our explanations though! Definitely still VERY helpful. :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I want to open a c4s. I've been thinking about it for a long time. My question is sort of just a feeler question. I want to open my store and give it the best chance to be successful early on.

Would you say it's better to open a store with 10-20 clips and keep posting a new clip every few days after? Or just post a new clip a day once you open it?

KaelinBlake said:
I want to open a c4s. I've been thinking about it for a long time. My question is sort of just a feeler question. I want to open my store and give it the best chance to be successful early on.

Would you say it's better to open a store with 10-20 clips and keep posting a new clip every few days after? Or just post a new clip a day once you open it?

I would say start with the 10 required clips and then post daily after that. You won't show up in any of the recently updated category lists until you upload your first clip after your store is activated. The more you update your store, the better your chance of success.

Not a question, but this is useful for both members and models, so I thought I'd post it here. I have had tons of formats, because I have been in a constant state of still learning how to do things with videos. This has worked like a charm for converting, and since I have had members ask me if I could convert videos to other formats before...I figured I would share. http://www.online-convert.com/

It also converts audio, images, ebooks, hash generator, docs and archive converts. :)

Hi all,

I decided to give C4S a try. But, after I print and sign my W9, how do I send it back to them? No one is answering when I call the toll free number...

:dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.