AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Got Scammed.. PLEASE READ!!!!! SCAM WARNING TO OTHERS!! (MFC) New Model Mistake!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emilyjoyxxx

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Sep 28, 2015
Do not have your skype username the same as your username on MFC.....read to find out why...
Random people just search me on there and try to talk to me and add me. Had a random guy skype message me saying "Hi Emily Joy, i'd like to add you as a contact,,hi would you like to do a skype show for $500?" Then he said " i send $500 for the first hour. Once i see that your outfit is on like i want and that your cam and mic work well on skype...then another $500 at the start of the second hour.....after tonights show i will know you well and all future shows will be paid in advance" So basically the deal was that i'd skype him real quick so he could approve my outfit..... then we would hang up and he'd pay tokens through offline tip on MFC and said this offline tip would really help my camscore and he said how he wanted to help me raise my camscore telling me all about how he thinks camscores are calculated but said no one really knows blah blah ....he said he was going to send 100,000 tokens for the whole night ($5000)....(which sounded sketchy obviously RED FLAG) ...well he approved my outfit then he just started up a very quick conversation. I fell right into it... He is a VERY smooth talker.....kept conversation fast and flowing. Which distracted me from getting payment up front. He was well spoken and had a soothing tone to his voice. He later made me feel secure assuring me he would take care of payment after the show which was supposed to be 2 hours and ended up lasting from 11:00pm to 9:45am...yeah...seriously...i should have hung the fuck up...it was absolutely ridiculous, i know. We got along great and i trusted (in the beginning) that he would pay me for some stupid reason (desperation ugh). He started out nice and sweet telling me he would buy this and that for me and take care of me blah blah blah...buy me a new computer...buy me clothes..buy me this and that...telling me how beautiful i was and how he wanted to be my sugar daddy etc etc. He really laid it on thick. And if you are like me and in financial dire straights then even though it sounds sketchy, you just never know. I stupidly took the gamble and lost. If i wasn't hurting for money so bad then i would have easily seen these red flags and RAN. As for the call....He did some breathing meditations with me and it was really cool...he said he had been on MFC for years and he really did know a LOT of info about MFC including admin names just off the top of his head...he knew the rules by heart....stating that he was friends with many models and was spouting them off by names...he just really seemed to know the ins and outs of MFC.....well then he turned into demanding and weird..and downright scary kinda....telling me that he wanted me to have his babies and if i wouldn't do it that he wanted my egg...that i had good genes and he wanted a boy to carry on his name. WTF?????????????? He said that he always gets his way and that he WOULD have me. (Freaky) He said that he was certain that i would leave my husband for him..ummmm not a chance buddy!! .I felt like i was talking to a old friend it was that comfortable... Getting towards the end of that call he wanted me to go to this website called Bovada.lv He said that he works with many MFC models taking them to this website to gamble and make extra money on the side...its some sports gambling website and he wanted me to place a bet...he sent me a link to sign up and his email address was at the bottom as a referring friend. At this point I was literally exhausted and confused by what the fuck was going on...i told him NO that i'm not doing that and he said that he wouldnt pay me until i placed a bet on there because i needed to 'submit' and i wasn't following his orders. (WTF). SERIOUSLY? WTF?? I knew he was a scammer ...CLEARLY....i should have listened to my instincts and hung up but there was that part of me that wanted to get paid for my show so if i hung up on him i'd lose out...and he knew that and took advantage....not far into the call i should have hung up on him and blocked him....HINDSIGHT.....i told him i was uncomfortable and i knew i was getting scammed. He literally tried to keep me on the phone AS LONG AS POSSIBLE promising me that he'd pay me...to trust him blah blah !!!!! He kept asking to see my body over and over, he told me to keep my phone on while i came in my house and tended to my children...it was really really weird. I told him at this point it doesn't matter...the show is over and i told him that i hoped he appreciated his free show. I was in tears and he didn't care...Literally this was a nightmare. He was taking screenshots of me the whole time...so creepy!!! He is now banned from my skype. Unfortunately I do not know his MFC name so he can go to my room at any time and i will never know it is him. This has also made me very leery of stepping outside the comfort zone of MFC at all. At least for a while.
***Also interestingly enough since the amount he agreed to pay was $5000, that makes it a felony for theft of services. Just an FYI.

Here is info on this creep!

Skype: ObstetricianGynocologist 33 (yes that is a space 33...there was no underscore)
He told me his name was Mark.
49 years old (but his skype profile says he is 46) interesting!!
From Florida. (supposedly)
Email: dudeman665@yahoo.com
He never showed me a picture and he did not let me see his video feed on skype.

*So i am here to warn you all to have a different username on skype from your MFC username. These guys will NOT contact you on MFC...just through skype probably so they dont get banned from MFC because we cant report them if we dont know their username on MFC. When i chose my skype username i thought nothing of it.

* If you chose to keep a skype account with your screen name, be sure that if you get a random message or contact request that you tell them that if they would like pm privileges they need to go to MFC and pay you an offline tip of XXX amount of tokens to be added to your MFC friends and receive those special privileges and to add in the tip note what the tip is for.

ALWAYS GET YOUR TOKENS BEFORE A SHOW NO MATTER WHAT! NO EXCUSES! NO TOKENS = NO SHOW! PERIOD! NO EXCEPTIONS!!

I fell into this because i am hurting very badly financially and the offer was inticing...if it sounds to good to be true...it is! Please don't make the same mistake i did.

:h: Emilyjoyxxx

My very deep regrets for what happened to you.

You seem to have taken it from the best direction possible as a lesson, and noted the things that were actually valuable to learn in it all. Mostly how smooth and easy a good con man can be.

I hope that your future on MFC is a solid and profitable one, and this doesn't put you off from the work, and meeting folks who are the exact opposite of this liar, who will treat you fairly and well.

Good luck!

My very deep regrets for what happened to you.

You seem to have taken it from the best direction possible as a lesson, and noted the things that were actually valuable to learn in it all. Mostly how smooth and easy a good con man can be.

I hope that your future on MFC is a solid and profitable one, and this doesn't put you off from the work, and meeting folks who are the exact opposite of this liar, who will treat you fairly and well.

Good luck!

Thank you. I am definitely on high alert that's for sure. Anyone lurking in my chat room could be him. Anyone i talk to online could be him. I have to say this have left me a bit paranoid.

• Hugs
Reactions: ACFFAN69
On the other hand, don't be staring into the shadows too much. It leaves this guy with too much power over you after he has long left the building. He might be about, but as long as he's not doing anything that you can see or that alters your rooms flow he's not an issue.

Also if he does take action on MFC that gives you a name to tell us all about.

These guys are manipulators, and they stay in the shadows and don't operate in the light. Remember the lesson but forget the individual and don't let him take more energy and emotion from you. Scammers are form of criminal and they steal more then goods and services, they also take bits of ones confidence and piece of mind and trust. Try to limit how much of those latter things he gets his hands on from you.

I'm so sorry that this happened to you! *hugs*
Thank you for sharing this here and giving everyone a heads up!
I'm a new model on MFC who is also hurting for cash, so I totally understand how the offers that sound too good to be true can get stuck in your head. Stay safe!

• Hugs
Reactions: emilyjoyxxx
Thank you. I am definitely on high alert that's for sure. Anyone lurking in my chat room could be him. Anyone i talk to online could be him. I have to say this have left me a bit paranoid.

I'm very sorry to hear that you were scammed so badly. Sadly, it is true that you are best to be a bit paranoid and be wary of whom you trust, especially in places like MFC. On the plus side, by sharing your experience, it hopefully may save others from falling into the same trap.

That guy sounds like a very professional scammer though and I would reckon he has probably manipulated, cheated and conned many girls before you, as it sounds like he has a well honed routine down pat and knew all the right buttons to press. Please don't feel too guilty, he was just clever enough to catch you when you were at a low ebb and vulnerable. These guys prey on new girls who are not experienced enough to see the dangers of this kind of behaviour. Cold comfort maybe, but it is an unfortunately hard lesson you have learned, but the experience will help you spot these creeps in the future.

If you haven't yet applied for verified model status on the forum to access the models only section, check out the link to the instructions page ...
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/how-to-get-verified-cam-girl-status.1696/

The models only section has tons of help, advice and shared experiences from the other girls, which I'm sure will help with many of your camming related needs.

Take care, stay safe and I wish you good luck in the future!

:)

Holy wall of text, Batman!

I'm sorry that you got scammed, @emilyjoyxxx, but unfortunately, that's the only way to learn not to be so naive. Literally almost ELEVEN hours of Skyping with this guy, hoping that he'd pay? Luckily, you learned early into your cam career, and now you'll know not to ever do that again (have the show before payment goes through).

I think it's really sweet that you posted to let other models know that there are scammers like this out there. However, I'd guess that the majority of models on here won't even get that warning because your post was so visually compact that it became a huge headache to read. Everything starts to blur together. If you do decide to write on here more often (and I hope you do; you seem nice!), I highly suggest using line breaks (paragraphs) and correct punctuation. It would be such a waste for you to take all that time to write up a kind, thoughtful post just to have no one read it due to something so easily fixed!

*hugs*

Yeah I hadn't slept before I read it back. I just wanted to get the info out there ASAP. I wanted everyone to know about this creep. I literally sat dawn and started typing my heart out.

I'm normally super good with paragraphs & punctuation and whatnot but with the lack of sleep & my frustration I just wanted to get the info out there ASAP. I think the info is more important than grammar. Just sayin.

I'm very sorry to hear that you were scammed so badly. Sadly, it is true that you are best to be a bit paranoid and be wary of whom you trust, especially in places like MFC. On the plus side, by sharing your experience, it hopefully may save others from falling into the same trap.

That guy sounds like a very professional scammer though and I would reckon he has probably manipulated, cheated and conned many girls before you, as it sounds like he has a well honed routine down pat and knew all the right buttons to press. Please don't feel too guilty, he was just clever enough to catch you when you were at a low ebb and vulnerable. These guys prey on new girls who are not experienced enough to see the dangers of this kind of behaviour. Cold comfort maybe, but it is an unfortunately hard lesson you have learned, but the experience will help you spot these creeps in the future.

If you haven't yet applied for verified model status on the forum to access the models only section, check out the link to the instructions page ...
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/how-to-get-verified-cam-girl-status.1696/

The models only section has tons of help, advice and shared experiences from the other girls, which I'm sure will help with many of your camming related needs.

Take care, stay safe and I wish you good luck in the future!

Thank you so much. Yes I have applied for verified model status. I just got everything to her that she needed and I'll be approved on Tuesday. ☺️

Yes I learned a hard lesson. I'll never make this mistake again. If I can save at least ONE girl from anything like this then this post was worth it. ☺️

I'm so sorry that this happened to you! *hugs*
Thank you for sharing this here and giving everyone a heads up!
I'm a new model on MFC who is also hurting for cash, so I totally understand how the offers that sound too good to be true can get stuck in your head. Stay safe!

Thank you so much sweetheart! Just be careful girl! Thank goodness for this forum so we can share things like this to warn others. Also all the wonderful info on this site is priceless. So lucky to have found this forum. Xoxoxo

jack-nicholson-shining.jpg

Most premiums look like this...maybe put this pic next to your cam....on the phone / text they can be quite charming...

jack-nicholson-shining.jpg

Most premiums look like this...maybe put this pic next to your cam....on the phone / text they can be quite charming...

Hahahahahahha . Love it!!! Thank you for the laugh!

Emilyjoy I'm so sorry this happened to you but thank you so much for warning other people. If it wasn't for a post like this no one would ever know what to look for and for that I am grateful for people like you who want to protect others in our extra line of work. I hope you're doing better. :)

Emilyjoy I'm so sorry this happened to you but thank you so much for warning other people. If it wasn't for a post like this no one would ever know what to look for and for that I am grateful for people like you who want to protect others in our extra line of work. I hope you're doing better. :)

Ella thank you so much! I just wanted to get the word out about this scam. If I even helped ONE person, this post was worth it.

I know we get extreme financial hardships from time to time and something like this seems really enticing. I'll never do a "check my outfit real quick" thing again. If a client doesn't like my outfit then I will change after his paying time starts. If he won't agree to my rules then that's on him. He can find another cam girl. There's always another customer around the corner.

Touché ;) good for you keep your chin up good things are sure to come your way

Touché ;) good for you keep your chin up good things are sure to come your way

Awe thank you sweetheart!! I love how this forum is full of amazing, positive people! I'm so lucky to have found you all. I learn so much from each and every one of you!

Xoxo
❤️ Emilyjoyxxx

I couldn't agree more this forum is absolutely amazing and I'm so lucky to have found it. An like I said if it wasn't for people like you creating a post like this new girls like me would never know what to always keep your eyes out for so again I thank you for this post :kiss:

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I know you're under financial strain, but if you're stressed about that scammer being in your room, you could geoblock FL, which appears to be his residence. I'm not a model so I'm not completely sure this will work, but if it will help allay your fear, perhaps it's worth a try.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SavannahMai
I'm really sorry to hear you had to deal with this shit!! Unfortunately, I had similar experiencies with an user (called stewpotty2 on MFC, I think I have to spread the word lol) who used to tell me "do me a show and I will tip you AFTER". Despite of this I have to say he was a good tipper, even he did it late, at least I was tipped (after me acting as a clingy cunt during weeks lol I don't seattle!).:dummy:

BUT the worst part was when I started doing Skypes for "free" expecting he was gonna tip sooner of later, till he started to demanding me pics and shows with other girl blah blah blah. Then I realized he wasn't gonna tip anymore if he could easily freeload me. Soo....I told him all the bad words I know in english for telling him how sucks as a person, etc.:shame::shame::shame:
Yes I can be a cunt lol not even sorry...
Then I learnt the word AFTER means SCAM in the camgirl world.

• Helpful!
i feel horribly that that had to happen. Unfortunately, I see where you are coming from with the financial struggles and how hard it can be to turn down an offer that seemingly would take away alot of the burden. I appreciate you sharing his info, guys like that are horrible. I've encountered a few creepy men myself who would tell me they are gonna find me and do weird stuff to me and it's really threatening. I hope everything is well for you and am glad the lesson is learned
thanks emily remember that he was just a harmless asshole that wasted your time, much love

I just finished reading you experience , I'm sorry that you got scammed, @emilyjoyxxx am glad you shared your experience with us ,as there should be a way to get those creeps and jerks shut down.. Have you ever heard of skyprivate? http://www.skyprivate.com/ its similar to MFC you should check it out sometime,it helps webcam models Do live cam shows via skype but the users have to pay first that way you or any other models wont have any experiences like this. When i first got into camming 12 years ago i had tons of guys want me to do free skype/yahoo sex shows for free also then I googled how I could get paid for doing what I was doing for free. The Majority of the time the guys i talked too didnt care about my behalf they just wanted to get off for their pleasure..

Its an experience we live and learn. but thankfully we can share our like minded experiences and Learn from one another.

• Helpful!
Please tell me you were using a VPN on skype...

Also I am so sorry this happened to you.. that guy sounds like the ultimate member creep. And don't feel bad, he sounds like an expert manipulator and a lot of people would have probably been through the same thing.

Hugs!

Reactions: Guy
Please tell me you were using a VPN on skype...

Also I am so sorry this happened to you.. that guy sounds like the ultimate member creep. And don't feel bad, he sounds like an expert manipulator and a lot of people would have probably been through the same thing.

Hugs!

What is a VPN?

What is a VPN?
Virtual Private Network.
You can find them for free or pay a monthly fee, personally I like Astrill.
It projects your location to a proxy, keeping your real location private and protected :)

Reactions: Guy
Virtual Private Network.
You can find them for free or pay a monthly fee, personally I like Astrill.
It projects your location to a proxy, keeping your real location private and protected :)
I will be getting one in the near future. Most likely VyprVPN. They have over 200,000 IP addresses:)

What is a VPN?

Emily, a VPN is software that changes your IP. I'll simplify this for you. Your computer has an IP address (4 numbers separated by decimals). Think of this as the social security number of your computer. There are websites that allow you to type that number in and see exactly where that computer is located. Sometimes it's off (like it'll tell you that the computer is in another city/county but still the correct state) but sometimes, it's really accurate (down the the exact block that you live on). This is where a VPN comes in handy. You can CHANGE your computer's IP to make it look like your computer is located somewhere else. And since you choose the location you want it to pretend to be in with the VPN, you can have it be in a different city, state, country, or even another continent!

You do not want people to find your IP because then they'll know where you live (or a close approximation). Any time that you click links, send emails, or use Skype (to name a few scenarios), people can easily tell where you're located. Look into VPNs, get one, and use it any time you do anything camming-related.

Status
Not open for further replies.