AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Grey Ultimate Users

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
In a room that I frequent, I noticed that a number of regulars with grey user names all of a sudden appeared to be Ultimate users, as per screenshot below. Some also had the 'EX' appear next to them.
Their names didn't show up as Ultimate when they wrote in the public chat, but did so in the list of users.
The overall number of users (grey and other colours) listed as Ultimate matched the total number shown at the top whenever this occurred.
Later on the greys all reverted to not having the star against their name.
Anyone else noticed this over the last couple of days?
grey ultimate.jpg

Last edited:
In a room that I frequent, I noticed that a number of regulars with grey user names all of a sudden appeared to be Ultimate users, as per screenshot below. Some also had the 'EX' appear next to them.
Their names didn't show up as Ultimate when they wrote in the public chat, but did so in the list of users.
The overall number of users (grey and other colours) listed as Ultimate matched the total number shown at the top whenever this occurred.
View attachment 95422
This morning Oz time, very briefly (It seemed to correct itself soon after I noticed it), my own username appeared in the userlist as grey with the "ex" beside it. I am actually an ultimate user (level 94) and a knight in that room, the badge did not appear when I was "grey".

So I think there must have been a brief-ish glitch of some sort in the machine today.

• Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
This morning Oz time, very briefly (It seemed to correct itself soon after I noticed it), my own username appeared in the userlist as grey with the "ex" beside it. I am actually an ultimate user (level 94) and a knight in that room, the badge did not appear when I was "grey".

So I think there must have been a brief-ish glitch of some sort in the machine today.
Thanks for that! This screenshot was from the 16th Feb, but I was away from home from then until now so couldn't check if it was happening again since. Seems intermittent, just wondered if it was a username display glitch only, or if the greys got the benefits of Ultimate when it happened!

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Thanks for that! This screenshot was from the 16th Feb, but I was away from home from then until now so couldn't check if it was happening again since. Seems intermittent, just wondered if it was a username display glitch only, or if the greys got the benefits of Ultimate when it happened!
Interesting. I would say a display glitch only.

I noticed it in the user list, then clicked back to public chat to make a joke about it, but saw that my name was displaying 100% properly in the chat, so I went back to the userlist to check that I was not going insane. I saw my name change back from the incorrect format to correct before my eyes. (like only a split second after re-entering the userlist display)

Upvote 0
I’ve noticed it in the past few days too - Ultimate users appearing as greys with Ex next to their names. When I refresh all back to normal.

I sent a screenshot to support and reported it 👍

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0

Yeah I noticed this on phone/android in Chrome, it would randomly show names as grey and "ex" regardless of the colour, I wouldn't even need to refresh and the user list would update itself and correct itself. It definitely did it multiple times over the period of an hour

Upvote 0
This just happened again.
There were about 7 gold users in the room, and only 2 of them turned "grey" with a "gold ex" to their name, and all of the greys had the ultimate icon next to their name
I grabbed a screenshot but then something screwed up on my Paint and it vanished, but it just happened again with red names and a few greys:
It's also doing it in public chat with names, but I didn't get a screenshot of that

Notice how even coloured names have the ultimate icon displayed next to them too, or some at least

Edit:
I should note, it's not just1 room it's happening in, I have noticed it in 2 or 3

Attachments

• scexred.png
    scexred.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 17
  • scgrey.png
    scgrey.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 16
  • scredname2.png
    scredname2.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 16
Upvote 0
Hey everyone
You are all correct about this being an issue and we apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

We have already caught this glitch, and our Technical team is already working on rectifying the issue.
Please note, the EX showing next to the username is the only problem here and this should not be effecting the users account in any way other than this notification appearing.

We appreciate your post and examples provided 🤗

Upvote 0
Still displaying like that for me too, but very intermittent.
I'm a knight and like to view number & status of room occupants. The model appreciates knowing how many viewers have tokens. I had seen this issue discussed here in the Forum. Then It Happened To Me. On Thursday, February 23, I messaged SC Support stating I'm Legacy but I'm sporadically appearing Grey Ex and that I was concerned if my account was safe and secure. I thought it doesn't hurt to let SC Support directly know the problem is concerning and distracting. Pleased to say, I received a response in 7 minutes. Basically told it's a temporary technical issue being addressed and my account was indeed safe and secure. My only thought now is, how temporary is "temporary?"

Upvote 0
I'm a knight and like to view number & status of room occupants. The model appreciates knowing how many viewers have tokens. I had seen this issue discussed here in the Forum. Then It Happened To Me. On Thursday, February 23, I messaged SC Support stating I'm Legacy but I'm sporadically appearing Grey Ex and that I was concerned if my account was safe and secure. I thought it doesn't hurt to let SC Support directly know the problem is concerning and distracting. Pleased to say, I received a response in 7 minutes. Basically told it's a temporary technical issue being addressed and my account was indeed safe and secure. My only thought now is, how temporary is "temporary?"
Given that users can hide their token amounts from models and other users, I really don't see how this glitch is a major issue. Do not forget that, as far as I have been able to ascertain, Ultimate users' token totals are not included in the count of users with tokens anyway.

As I said elsewhere, harmless. Confusing, but harmless.

Reactions: Charlie_SC
Upvote 0
Given that users can hide their token amounts from models and other users, I really don't see how this glitch is a major issue. Do not forget that, as far as I have been able to ascertain, Ultimate users' token totals are not included in the count of users with tokens anyway.

Yes, I understand your analysis. The model likes to know what it shows as User's With Tokens. I tell her what it shows. How she chooses to use the info is up to her.

Upvote 0

True, but this issue is affecting the # of members with tokens too.

And that’s being skewed, at least from a member perspective. If a model thinks there are 50 members in the room with tokens, when there are really only 5, then I can see how that could be an issue.

I’ve just been a room when I noticed the weird colouring and EX across loads of members and it said users with tokens 53. I immediately refreshed and that went down to 12.

Upvote 0
True, but this issue is affecting the # of members with tokens too.

And that’s being skewed, at least from a member perspective. If a model thinks there are 50 members in the room with tokens, when there are really only 5, then I can see how that could be an issue.
I guess so, but as I said the "users with tokens count" is wildly inaccurate anyway for at least 2 reasons.
  • Users can hide their tokens from models.
  • Ultimate users' tokens (as far as I have been able to test) are hidden from the "users with tokens" count even if "show tokens to models" is selected in the user's profile.

I am curious, however: in what way might a model's behaviour change if they think there are 50 users with tokens when there are only 5? Assuming for this question that those 5 (or a subset of them) are tipping enough to reach all goals during the show in a timely manner.

Upvote 0
I guess so, but as I said the "users with tokens count" is wildly inaccurate anyway for at least 2 reasons.
  • Ultimate users' tokens (as far as I have been able to test) are hidden from the "users with tokens" count even if "show tokens to models" is selected in the user's profile.

I am curious, however: in what way might a model's behaviour change if they think there are 50 users with tokens when there are only 5? Assuming for this question that those 5 (or a subset of them) are tipping enough to reach all goals during the show in a timely manner.

And don't forget all those users holding on to 1 token so they don't turn grey (only applies to bronze and silver, but it still skews it)

Upvote 0

A user who hides their tokens will still be included in the “users with tokens” count if they have them. The model just won’t know is it’s 1 or 100,000

Upvote 0

For example, a model who I visit has declined privates in the past because there were over X number of users in the room with tokens. We all know that the majority of users will move on as soon as a private starts so I guess she uses that information and makes an informed decision.

If those 5 are tipping for the goal then you’re right - no problem!

Upvote 0
For example, a model who I visit has declined privates in the past because there were over X number of users in the room with tokens. We all know that the majority of users will move on as soon as a private starts so I guess she uses that information and makes an informed decision.

If those 5 are tipping for the goal then you’re right - no problem!
Interesting decision process in this particular example, I was wondering the same question as @Ozzie_
Guess I tend to assume that models would be very much aware of how many active tippers they have at any given moment, rather than how many potential tippers are watching, and that would be a greater influence on taking a private request, or not.

Upvote 0
I think most of the models I visit use the information quite a lot. I haven't heard about refusing privates like Maxi has, but I know that several will be a little more daring in their public show if they know there are a lot potential tippers in the room vs. not (like maybe a boob flash or something to get tips to go further). Also, they use the information to know who to reach out to - they either can reach out to users who have tokens to try to engage them or sometimes the list helps identify who DOESN'T have tokens through process of elimination.

I don't think the glitch is a show-stopper, but I do think it is a useful tool for some models that is not reliable right now

Upvote 0
Hey everyone

I completely understand all your concerns regarding this glitch and I can assure you that we are working hard to rectify it as quickly as possible.

We can see that it's causing you and the models a lot of trouble and we are not happy about it either but I promise you, we are doing our best.

I apologise sincerely for the inconvenience you are experiencing and I thank you for being so patient with us.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone

I completely understand all your concerns regarding this glitch and I can assure you that we are working hard to rectify it as quickly as possible.

We can see that it's causing you and the models a lot of trouble and we are not happy about it either but I promise you, we are doing our best.

I apologise sincerely for the inconvenience you are experiencing and I thank you for being so patient with us.

Compensation of 1,000,000 tokens EACH for all models and users should make everything ok :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Funny!
Reactions: Charlie_SC
Upvote 0
Compensation of 1,000,000 tokens EACH for all models and users should make everything ok :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your brilliant suggestion :rofl: is going to be the first thing on my agenda at the next big meeting.
I'll keep you posted on the reaction :giggle:

Thank you so much for keeping things light 🤗
We really do feel all your frustrations when these things occur and we're so glad we have such awesome and understanding users.
You guys rock!
🥰

Thank You GIF by VCG Construction

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey everyone

I haven’t seen this glitch for a few days now so just wanted to say thanks @Charlie_SC and team for fixing it!

I don’t know why but it really bugged me (pun intended 😂)

Thank you 🙏

Upvote 0
View attachment 95422
I have looked this up myself I am a full time model on strip chat and what it is strip chat had been offering a 7 day free trial basically if signing up with your debit card you can pay to be an ultimate so like let's say they've never bought Tokens but they wanted to be an ultimate they could pay the $10 I believe it is and get that star but there's still agree because they haven't officially made their way to ultimate they just bought it for that time and the reason why you seen it with such a short Time frame is because they got that 7 day free trial of what an ultimate is like the EXI believe that that is when they have bought tokens previously but only like one time I think don't "me on that but I think it's somewhere along those lines but yeah it can get confusing I know that if you go to strip chat support done at the bottom even as a user you can look it up and it should be able to show you the information in regards to what you're speaking about that's how I found it and when my friends did it he got the free trial 7 day ultimate sticker

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.