AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Group show as a knight...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ffbbzz

Banhammered
Dec 1, 2021
Australia
A question. As a Knight, when a model starts a group show (this happened for me today for first time), am I still a moderator when I join? It seems I still have to pay the per minute rate regardless of my status, is this correct?

Thanks.

A question. As a Knight, when a model starts a group show (this happened for me today for first time), am I still a moderator when I join? It seems I still have to pay the per minute rate regardless of my status, is this correct?

Thanks.
Yep, being a knight doesn't give us any special privileges, apart from being able to help our favourite model(s)

Although my model friend gave all of her Knights a 100% increase in our wages this year!

(2 times $0.00 is still $0.00 :rofl: )

Upvote 0
Valid points. Thank you for the replies everyone. I was not looking for a free ride... But I will say, if I cannot afford to enter, well, then I feel bad because I can't help her during the "show". I am after all there for her as a friend at this stage, not for entertainment. It's quite possible I am too attached to this particular person however ;)

Although it wouldn't be a bad idea if a model could have the option to offer "free entry" for whomever she chooses, Knight or no Knight, group or ticket. Just a thought. I like thinking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Valid points. Thank you for the replies everyone. I was not looking for a free ride... But I will say, if I cannot afford to enter, well, then I feel bad because I can't help her during the "show". I am after all there for her as a friend at this stage, not for entertainment. It's quite possible I am too attached to this particular person however ;)

Although it wouldn't be a bad idea if a model could have the option to offer "free entry" for whomever she chooses, Knight or no Knight, group or ticket. Just a thought. I like thinking.
I get that. If you have a genuine friendship with the model, they will understand why you are not there for them in those shows.

We users and knights cannot always help in the ways we wish to.

I agree that a "Free entry" option might be a useful thing for models to have access to, even being something to offer as a prize in a raffle or other competition (so they do actually get compensated for it).

Reactions: ffbbzz
Upvote 0
then I feel bad because I can't help her during the "show".
The fact it's a ticket show will reduce the need for a mod/knight to 'work' anyway, at least from dealing with rudeness/demands/spam/negotiators, because only paying viewers are present.
So if you can't afford to join in, you can still be around to help when she returns to public chat at the end of the show.

Upvote 0
Valid points again. Thanks guys.

Going back to my suggestion of a free entry option, it would definitely work (easiest) if a model could have this as a perk for subscribing... just like "spying" on privates currently is.

Expand spying to include (if one chooses) shows?

P.S - And I hate myself for throwing around the word "free", so I'll point out that I am a prince, knight and top tipper for the last few months for a particular model, just saying... phew ;)

Upvote 0
And I hate myself for throwing around the word "free", so I'll point out that I am a prince, knight and top tipper for the last few months for a particular model, just saying... phew ;)
IDK, but given your professed tipping status, seems unlikely you wouldn't be able to tip for a ticket show, so unsure why you're investing so much thought on the free ride option?
Availability of perks and free stuff always seems to cause conflict amongst viewers, and clouds the motivation for folk to help out (Mod/Knight), so I'm not in favour of it myself.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
Availability of perks and free stuff always seems to cause conflict amongst viewers, and clouds the motivation for folk to help out (Mod/Knight), so I'm not in favour of it myself.
I agree. If models actually did have the opportunity to give knights free ticket shows and then don't, it would potentially just be more cause for drama and butthurtedness. It creates all sorts of weird expectations. Models already have too many boundaries to look after imo.

Upvote 0

The only reason I could see myself offering someone free entry to a group show (which is already super cheap as it is) is if it was some sort of raffle or contest prize, or prize from having tipped me X tokens that month or something. Or maybe if it happens to be the birthday of a favorite regular who's been a generous tipper.

Reactions: Brit and ffbbzz
Upvote 0
IDK, but given your professed tipping status, seems unlikely you wouldn't be able to tip for a ticket show, so unsure why you're investing so much thought on the free ride option?

I appreciate all input. Which is why we are here.

I am investing thought in to this because... why not?

It's not a free ride. My scenario, which got me started on this train of thought, was that the model I am a Knight of (etc) started a group show out of the blue, I had already tipped a fair bit before then (and a couple of other users had as well). Her thinking was there were too many freeloaders currently in the room. Now, I had no more tokens left at that stage, I had already tipped all I had available that night, and then the group show started and I could not enter to keep moderating (plus I wasn't sure at the time how it worked for a Knight anyway, first time it happened for me, xChloe already answered that query). That is all.

I still think it's not a bad option to have, even if it's just like how "yummybrownfox" mentions above.

And CheeseMoon raises a valid point as well. I did not see it from that perspective.

Anyway, it's not a deal breaker... just sharing thoughts is all. My suggestion is now in the other (ideas topic) thread. To implement this "free entry" as a subscription perk (rather than knight perk). Thanks.

Upvote 0
Anyway, it's not a deal breaker... just sharing thoughts is all. My suggestion is now in the other (ideas topic) thread. To implement this "free entry" as a subscription perk (rather than knight perk). Thanks.
camshows are a luxury. if you can't afford the shows you want, then too bad? i'm sorry if that came across as harsh but it's quite bold to suggest a camsite to possibly adjust a show type that is profitable for not only the models, but the site too. if it aint broke why fix?

also mods aren't really necessary in the middle of a show. usually, everyone is busy not paying attention to chat and the model is busy performing too. on other sites models can do their job with no mods/knights just fine.

Upvote 0
or to keep watching?
As mentioned before, there is little need to help keep chat orderly during a ticket show.
Many models on token sites appoint mods/knights to keep them returning as tippers, not because they need anyone in that role.
Maybe I have just got the wrong impression.

Then you and I both have the wrong impression, because he's posting about wanting free entry into models' shows, and adding a spy feature onto group shows (which are already cheap as hell) and ticket shows. Lol. I'm sorry, but group shows and ticket shows are already a bargain. To ask a site to add on a spy feature to shows that are already a bargain (Because you don't want to spend the few bucks) is kind of silly to me.

Out of curiosity, are Stripchat members able to tip the model in their group show?

Upvote 0
I know this is a complete tangent to the OP's question, so please take it as a comment totally unrelated to the thread.
But TBH, I find the use of 'knight' on Strip bizarre anyway. 'Knights' conjures up images of helpless princesses and damsels in distress who are saved by the chivalrous and gallant Knight appearing at the last minute and saving the day. It does nothing to empower a model, and everything to continue the sense that they need the protection of a male, all very medieval. But presumably intentional by that site, including use of the shield symbol as a mark of defence?
While there are both Knights and Moderators who assume too much and overstep their boundaries, at least the term 'moderator' better defines the role of helping to keep the chat clean and on topic while the model may be otherwise occupied. 'Knight' implies something altogether different, and positions a male in a protective role, creating the idea the model needs that (which they sure don't).

Upvote 0
I know this is a complete tangent to the OP's question, so please take it as a comment totally unrelated to the thread.
But TBH, I find the use of 'knight' on Strip bizarre anyway. 'Knights' conjures up images of helpless princesses and damsels in distress who are saved by the chivalrous and gallant Knight appearing at the last minute and saving the day. It does nothing to empower a model, and everything to continue the sense that they need the protection of a male, all very medieval. But presumably intentional by that site, including use of the shield symbol as a mark of defence?
While there are both Knights and Moderators who assume too much and overstep their boundaries, at least the term 'moderator' better defines the role of helping to keep the chat clean and on topic while the model may be otherwise occupied. 'Knight' implies something altogether different, and positions a male in a protective role, creating the idea the model needs that (which they sure don't).

YES!

Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House

Upvote 0
I had to share this (sorry OP) because it's kinda related.
I have 2 kids, a daughter and a son. My daughter arrived first.
When she was maybe 5, I bought her a doctor's play kit, including medical bag, gadgets, stethoscope etc.
One day she took it to school, and came home telling me how she had been a nurse, and one of the boys had been the doctor.
When I asked why she wasn't the doctor, she said 'boys are doctors, girls are nurses'. My jaw dropped.
Well, from that day on, I made it a point to bust through bullshit stereotypes and do everything I could to empower her and get her to understand the only thing that holds you back is what your mind tells you are your limitations. Fuck what anyone else tells you that you can or can't do.

Fast forward maybe another 5 years (with a lot of encouragement meantime from me).
Daughter and I are on a plane together, as the plane pushes back from the gate, the captain gives the usual welcome aboard and flight time/weather introduction over the cabin PA. It's a woman.
I turn to my daughter and say 'did you hear, the pilot today is a woman'
To which some guy in the row behind snorts and says loudly 'god help us all, what a joke letting her in the cockpit'.
Well. Off goes my seat belt, I'm in the aisle calling this guy to get up, objecting to his bullshit and telling him how I did not appreciate his chauvinistic opinions - especially in front of my daughter.
The guy backed down and started making excuses he was just joking, but the cabin crew moved him to another seat and I settled down again. I wasn't proud about my behaviour, but dammit the guy just touched a nerve.

After the plane took off, I was looking around for the cabin crew to apologise to, so I hit the call button. 2 flight attendants came up and I was surprised to see they had a beer, a coke and some snacks on a tray, which they calmly slid onto my lap. One of them bent down and whispered to me 'no apology necessary, we were so glad that you said what you did to that guy. These are on us'.

So. For my daughter (and of course my son too), it does not matter to me what they choose to do in life. The only things that matter to me are that they are happy, healthy and are able to make their own choices without being told what they are allowed to do based on gender. Guess that's why I find the term 'Knight' so objectionable.

Now back to the scheduled program :)

Upvote 0

I see your point, but don't have a problem with the situation. I see it more from the POV that Knights are indebted to the superior (in terms of status and power) Queen.

The terminology I do have a slight issue with is "King" for the top tipper of the day. Since in monarchical hierarchy Kings are "superior" to Queens, I feel that is inappropriate. The model (Queen) of the room is always superior to us. As such I think a better term would be "Prince" for the top tipper of the day. But I do not care that much either way, as I do not look to cam sites for guidance in such matters really.

Upvote 0
Yes for group and ticket shows, all functions are as in a public show.

In fact for a ticket show I would think tipping in show is expected / appropriate as it is only a one time payment to enter.

Awesome. This is good to know. Thank you.

Upvote 0
The fact it's a ticket show will reduce the need for a mod/knight to 'work' anyway, at least from dealing with rudeness/demands/spam/negotiators, because only paying viewers are present.
So if you can't afford to join in, you can still be around to help when she returns to public chat at the end of the

Upvote 0
As her Knight, I always try to be the first to buy a ticket for her ticket show. Thus far, I've never had to function as a Knight during ticket shows - although I do tip in an effort to hopefully encourage others to tip. I want my model to do well. If she's in an Exclusive and I can't Spy, I will write in Public Chat that her Profile Page has pictures, videos, Wish List etc. I do this also when she has to take a quick break. If I can get someone to stick around, they won't get bored and go elsewhere. If a Knight can't be in a group show, there are little things to still be helpful. Do what you can, when you can. Your model will appreciate it.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.