AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Guy Was VERY Insistent to Be Our ONLY Mod... Suspicious?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2018
Hey everyone! So my wife and I did our first show last night on CB (ali_alex). The most views we had at once was 35, but suddenly at the end of our show, some guy showed up and immediately insisted that he should be our mod.

I accepted that, for now, but I'm trying to understand what he'd get out of this. He asked if we were new, then he told me to promise that he'll be our ONLY mod and said he wants to help us succeed. He helped me set up a Keno game and told me to charge for pm's, which makes sense... He seemed somewhat nice, but also very demanding. I can't help but to be suspicious.

Why would someone be so insistent like that? Does anyone have any idea? Is he trying to take advantage of us somehow?

In this game, it's usually super good to trust your instincts. If your instincts are screaming that something is off with this guy, even if you can't quite put your figure on it exactly... It's usually best to listen! Like Fatquack said, there are always guys trying to take advantage of new models, who are typically much more trusting.

As for what he is getting out of it... It depends. Some bad eggs really like the power trip of being a mod. Others like the thrill of watching a new model succeed - all "thanks to them". Others still will end up using their mod help in order to get free fap material without actually having to tip like others. Perhaps this dude does want to help - but his demanding attitude and the fact that he immediately wanted you to swear to never have another mod.... That would set me on guard and make me edgy because it screams of power games. If he genuinely wishes you to succeed, then he would accept that you maaaay not want your mods to be strangers you've never met and prefer to give that role to someone who has earned your trust.

But I think it's awesome that you've just started and you're already picking up red flags and following your instincts on whether or not to trust people. Honestly, in the beginning, I think most models end up getting burnt at least once because they've been too trusting - being able to see those common red flags and trust them, and set up proper boundaries - those are skills that took me a lot of time to learn!

It's not a bad thing to be cautious with strangers!

Ahm, what does a moderator do exactly? Sorry for sounding redundant.

It all depends on what the model wants, as there are different types of shows, or the model's English (or other language) may not be so great.
For instance, the wonderful lady I moderate for is someone who enjoys dancing so she doesn't like to be at the keyboard constantly typing, unless it's discussions for private shows. She has fantastic sound so will speak vocally, but obviously not everyone has (or can have) sound on... so a moderator (me) for this kind of scenario comes in handy to relay any important information that she may be saying, or as a "go between" for those who understand she is busy dancing but are asking her questions.

In the past I have been moderator for women who have hundreds or thousands of people in their room, and they allow everyone to chat (not ALL greys are bad, I promise lol) but those who are rude or disruptive can be silenced easily by me, without her having to worry about those kinds of people. Or those stupid scam-bots that post in a model's room.

Then there are simply the really nice and kind models who don't want to be mean to anyone and silence/ban them, regardless of how rude someone is being... for me, I used to be (I stil am, I promise) the nicest guy, but I always have and always will hate people taking advantage of anyone else (men, women and children and animals) just because they can, and can get away with it. So I won't hesitate to silence them - and it's not me being an asshole or anything at all, I always let people get away with more than they should and warn first..

Of course, on top of this, models have their own rules or phrases/words they HATE and will tell you (the mod) to warn about it, and if they persist then to just get rid of them by silencing.
At the end of the day, it's all about the model and what they want, like, hate etc - that is how a moderator (imo) should behave.

It seems silly to think but there are a few ladies I have formed great friendships (mutual ones and we all know where we stand) with and when i did/do moderate for them, it's not even about me enjoying whatever the show is. It's genuinely me protecting (not in a hero way) them from these morons that can swarm them..

I think that makes me sound bad or.. I don't know exactly, but it's hard to explain exactly and have everyone understand. I have just always been a nice and caring/giving person by nature. SHow me an injured animal I will cry for hours, show me someone being dissected and really bloody, nothing.. lol

But yeah, if someone is begging and insisting on being moderator - red flags should always be appearing.
Too many will try be all "I will teach you and train you" and then give you instructions on what to do, what poses etc. That is a hell no, but sadly many models fall for it because they think guys are being really nice.

So a moderator is a type of a viewer, in a Chaturbate concept, correct? I'm just beginning to learn the complexity of the community.

Chaturbate has a lot of traffic so models sometimes want a helper that can keep the room in order, it comes handy especially if, like @Brett M explained, she is doing a show away from the keyboard or there is oil involved, etc. She has the option to "mod" any user and give him special powers to silence others in her room for 6 hours, it can even be a free user if the model wants. His username then changes to red so everyone knows he is the moderator in the room. Some models will give their trusted mods special perks, some apps like CrazyTicket allow you to let the mod enter for free. Others do not.

Personally, I dislike mods. As good as some of them can be they will never be inside your head, cannot read your mind, so they have to depend on a set of specific rules and I play everything by ear, this sometimes results in mods silencing people I didn't want them to silence. The classic example is the useful troll. Sometimes a troll can be used for something positive, for example.. you can use a troll for entertainment if the room is quiet... by sparring with him for a few sentences and banning him after you give everyone a chuckle. Not if your mod silences him first. A troll can be used to put a head on a pike, if something a troll says can be used to make a point for the entire room to learn a valuable lesson I will respond to the troll and only silence him after. If my mod silences him quickly though, all the troll's messages are gone before anyone can read them. Etc.

A seasoned model should be able to mod her own room by adjusting the chat limits and using specific bots.

Suspicious
If I remember well, mods have free access to crazy ticket shows.
Be careful of who you put as a mod. Better if no one, since there's nothing that you guys can't do yourself. You can silence greys, users who spam or say bad things with some bots.

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for your helpful responses. After I told my wife what you all said, she immediately logged on and blocked him, lmao.

We had someone else last night saying they'd like to be our mod to help bring in traffic. They weren't as pushy as the other guy, but we still said no. From this point forward, I'm going to trust my gut when it comes to this job. (I'd like to apply that to the other areas of my life, but that's a different story, lmao).

I don't know if any of you would like to check us out, but we're ali_alex (I'm Ali). Be warned though, I'm a totally different person on cam and we do BDSM.

Anyway, I'm done with the shameful self advertising... lmao. Thank you all again so much for the advice. You are all awesome! :h::inlove::eyebrows:

Wish the best to both of you. And, nothing wrong with some self-promotion here. There's actually a "Models Advertise here" part of ACF.

Hi.
I'm a moderator on CB. I been nodding for almost 5 years there.

I would say a model need mods!

But be careful about pick your mods.

Try pick guys that aren't too young ( to easier avoid power trip guys ).

Try pick tippers ( light or dark purple color on names ).

Don't EVER forget it's your room ! You as the model are the BOSS!!

The moderator ( mod ) is there to help you).
Why he help you ? Because he like you.

If a mod ask / beg to be mod ( 9 out of 10 times it's bad to make those guys mod ).

Models always pick their own mods!
Someone that treat you with respect ( they way they write ). And tip you.
And speak up if others talk shit or rude to you.
Those guys is what u need consider as mod material.

Have rules / guidelines how you want your room to be! The mods need follow that.

And a last thing.
A mod help you , tip you, for free in his / here free time. So that you after a while give the mod u trust a few free photos or a free crazy ticket show make the mod more loyal to you.
Just do it if you want, of if your smart in business.

NEVER GIVE ANYTHING TO A MOD THAT DEMAND!!

Reactions: Osyrus
Hi.

And a last thing.
A mod help you , tip you, for free in his / here free time. So that you after a while give the mod u trust a few free photos or a free crazy ticket show make the mod more loyal to you.

WARNING! WARNING! Danger, models! Danger!

1*OaQQbA1CIWrsMFyGY44XTg.gif

For the most part, not really. I usually have under 100 viewers when I cam on CB, I can handle that just fine on my own.

Hi.

But be careful about pick your mods.

Try pick guys that aren't too young ( to easier avoid power trip guys ).

Try pick tippers ( light or dark purple color on names ).

Don't EVER forget it's your room ! You as the model are the BOSS!!

The moderator ( mod ) is there to help you).
Why he help you ? Because he like you.

If a mod ask / beg to be mod ( 9 out of 10 times it's bad to make those guys mod ).

Models always pick their own mods!
Someone that treat you with respect ( they way they write ). And tip you.
And speak up if others talk shit or rude to you.
Those guys is what u need consider as mod material.

Have rules / guidelines how you want your room to be! The mods need follow that.

And a last thing.

WARNING! WARNING! Danger, models! Danger!

1*OaQQbA1CIWrsMFyGY44XTg.gif

Exactly this lol.

I mean, "free photos and videos and ticket shows to be loyal".. C'mon dude, pull the other one. I do mod for someone who I adore and would never dream to stay loyal to her because I want freebies. This, like with all the other mods that beg to be one for this kind of reason! Never go into any model's room wanting or expecting to be a moderator - that right there is anyone's first problem and is the wrong mindset, regardless of whether you're a huge tipper or grey.

Exactly this lol.

I mean, "free photos and videos and ticket shows to be loyal".. C'mon dude, pull the other one. I do mod for someone who I adore and would never dream to stay loyal to her because I want freebies. This, like with all the other mods that beg to be one for this kind of reason! Never go into any model's room wanting or expecting to be a moderator - that right there is anyone's first problem and is the wrong mindset, regardless of whether you're a huge tipper or grey.

Did you actually read my post ?
Did you understand it?

I said if the model appriciate her mod, she can ( if she want ) show him appreciation.

But it's up to the model.

For the most part, not really. I usually have under 100 viewers when I cam on CB, I can handle that just fine on my own.

Yes 100 viwers is ok to handle your self ;)
But when it's 1000 to 10.000 viewers I would suggest to have a mod;)

And a last thing.

bots don't expect shit for free. also able to mod popular rooms by silencing members and keeps the room topic going at the sametime.

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

Than u stay with your bot;)

And to clarify!
I never asked for anything free from any model!

But I say, when a mod help you, tip you, use his / here free time on you ( for free ).
You could be nice back!

But it's up to the model!

You don't use mods, good for you.

I also said quite clear, if a guy ask for stuff for be your mod. THAN DONT MAKE HIM MOD!

Try read and understand the post written before comment with unreasonable comments.

And to clarify!
I never asked for anything free from any model!

But I say, when a mod help you, tip you, use his / here free time on you ( for free ).
You could be nice back!

But it's up to the model!

You don't use mods, good for you.

I also said quite clear, if a guy ask for stuff for be your mod. THAN DONT MAKE HIM MOD!

Try read and understand the post written before comment with unreasonable comments.

i'm sorry if a lot of us see mods completely unnecessary when you can easily maintain your own room without depending on an internet stranger. sorry if i shattered your ego and your self sense of purpose, but i understood you perfectly. you may not particularly be that type, but there are others that do. that comment alone creates expectation that mods deserve freebies. plenty of sites that get 1000s of viewers don't have options to create mods, and models did just fine throughout the decades.

Last edited:
Busy cam model rooms have existed for years and years, way before mods or room helpers helpers were even a thing. Somehow everyone got on just fine that entire time. Just because CB has made room helpers and moderators a popular thing, it does not mean that they are necessary by any means.

Running a room without a mod or room helper is perfectly doable and I encourage it. Less drama. Less confusion about expectations. Less jealousy from other members about who gets the title.

Noting to that added layer of drama

Imagine selecting a mod who overdoes it and the model had to break it to that member that it's not working out. Not everyone can handle that well when they're getting "demoted."

From what i gathered, a ton of members think of it as a social status symbol, not simply as a personal assistant. Could be one of the reasons why some dudes are so pushy for it.

That's not what you said, though. You said every model needs a mod, and that's just not true. Even if I had a super-busy chat room, I'd still prefer to be the one to make the calls. Sometimes I like to play with my food before I ban it, and mods aren't going to understand when it's appropriate to ban.

That's not what you said, though. You said every model needs a mod, and that's just not true. Even if I had a super-busy chat room, I'd still prefer to be the one to make the calls. Sometimes I like to play with my food before I ban it, and mods aren't going to understand when it's appropriate to ban.

^ this. with freeloaders or other unruly members, its best to let them act a fool. i get to show off aspects of my personality and dominance that makes people want to tip or buy shows. this wouldn't be shown if a mod made the decision to ban or silence, which fucks with my hustle.

Status
Not open for further replies.