AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

hacked account locked

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2020
hello @punker barbie ,
Yesterday I received a notification that my account may have been accessed by an unauthorized person. Therefore, I locked the account and now I’m struggling to regain access. I sent an ID verification to Chaturbate support and have been waiting to hear back ever since. They dont answer me anymore and has passed already 26 hours since i locked my account!
Can you please help me regain my account back ?
Best Regards
mis_eva

Recently I saw many phishing attempts. Models or visitors received messages telling them their account was “duplicated”, and a link that was supposed to show the duplicate. I followed that link to a page that looked quite similar to Chaturbate, but asking me to login. I entered some random name and password, then the page asked me to send my 6 digit authorization key.

Apparently, several people fell for that trick. A bit later, I saw several hacked accounts being used for spam bots. Usually, a decent spam bot filter will detect most of the spam bots, and mute it. There are many hints, one of them being the color: Most spam bots are grey, a few spam bots are light blue. However, these hacked accounts were dark blue, light purple, dark purple, and with many followers. Which model would want their spam bot filter to mute a purple user? Most spam bot filters will let them pass through.

Of course, once that happened, the model will kick the account, or a moderator will silence it, or, if I am faster, I'll report it for spam, and Chaturbate will block it. The bot developers expect that, thus they use these hacked accounts very carefully, only for the channels with most visitors, the top row of the first page. They know their very valuable hacked accounts will be blocked, and they won't waste them on a channel with just a few hundred visitors. They want them to be seen by thousands of visitors before being blocked.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.