AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Has a member ever sent you a check in the mail as a gift?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant deposit checks with your camname.

Has banking gone pedantic or is to avoid being tracked? Gas station I worked as a kid would get checks "Phil's" "Gas Station" "Kelly's 66" (we sold Kelly Springfield tires) "Fillups" - all cleared fine. It was a Phillips 66.
I imagine it depends on both the bank and the circumstances. Perhaps it is easier to get away with this as a business account.

Has banking gone pedantic or is to avoid being tracked? Gas station I worked as a kid would get checks "Phil's" "Gas Station" "Kelly's 66" (we sold Kelly Springfield tires) "Fillups" - all cleared fine. It was a Phillips 66.

Our cam names are often drastically different from our real names. If I walk into a bank with a check made out to Saffron Burke and the name on my bank account and ID is Mary Magdalene, they're not going to let me deposit the check.

Reactions: asia_lynn
I suppose they could leave the "pay to order of" line blank and then the model could just fill it in to cash.
still don't recommend though. then there's the issue of waiting for it to clear, will it bounce?, etc etc

Relatedish: Are there ways members can send you money securely without going through a site that takes a big cut? Is there a way to do this via Delivery Code?

Relatedish: Are there ways members can send you money securely without going through a site that takes a big cut? Is there a way to do this via Delivery Code?
I would say Circle or Bitcoin/other cryptocurrency is the way to go. I'm pretty sure delivery code takes a cut for cash gifts.

What about cash.me or something? My primary one has my real info but I could set up another one with my cam info. Is this a terrible idea?

I suppose they could leave the "pay to order of" line blank and then the model could just fill it in to cash.
still don't recommend though. then there's the issue of waiting for it to clear, will it bounce?, etc etc

A lot of banks provide scans of deposited checks to the person that issued the check I'm pretty sure. Or maybe that's a Canadian thing. But I'm able to bring mine up online if I give someone a check and they cash it.

A lot of banks provide scans of deposited checks to the person that issued the check I'm pretty sure. Or maybe that's a Canadian thing. But I'm able to bring mine up online if I give someone a check and they cash it.

I was just getting ready to say this! In my (US) experience it's not uncommon for scans to be provided when a check is deposited.

To get around this you can endorse the back with "for deposit only" instead of your name...but if it's your name on the front there's not much you can do to protect that.

I'd generally not recommend accepting checks - too much risk that something will go wrong and you'll be held liable.

Yes, if you contact him he's able to send you the amount via Paypal or you can set it up to go to your bank. I believe he takes 15-20% as payment processing though.

Actually, yes, when I was a brand new and security naive cam girl, a member sent me a $3000 check for no reason other than just a nice gift. He turned out to be really trustworthy and safe, but anyone reading this, please don’t try this at home. Immediately after I got his check, and my first webcam site check, I quit my “normal” job.

Status
Not open for further replies.