AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Has it always been this bad?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2021
So my favorite model is trying stripchat now and may switch from her current site. She says she doesn't want us to go to the new site yet until she gets a sense of how it is without her friends. She told us her name on there so we could look.

I gotta say I'm not impressed. It's chat sucks. Alway have to refresh. Messages don't show. You miss so much of the conversation. Their customer support sucks. I really hope she doesn't want to switch to this new site. Lol. Has it always sucked?

LOL.

Stripchat is the only site I use. I have *never* experience what you have described.

A few points.

I assume your friend is streaming in HD?
Make sure that you have the room set to whatever the highest resolution that is offered by her stream.
And either select "Ultra low latency", or if that gives problems, turn it off.

SC.png

But as far as what you describe in the chat window, I have never had that/those issue(s).

As for support, well I have had mixed results. Usually they are great. Occasionally you get someone who only seems to offer "Cookie-cutter" responses.

Reactions: LolaLuv
Upvote 0
I haven't experienced messages not showing for a long time, and even then I think it was only in PMs. They would send but not show until I refreshed, but I don't think it ever happened in the public chat.
And their customer support has always been great and fast (considering - and depending on the situation) for me.

Have you looked in other rooms to see if you're experiencing the same issue/s?

Upvote 0
SC has the best user interface of all popular token sites and support is better and faster than CB. I wish all my favorite CB models would move to SC.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
So my favorite model is trying stripchat now and may switch from her current site. She says she doesn't want us to go to the new site yet until she gets a sense of how it is without her friends. She told us her name on there so we could look.

I gotta say I'm not impressed. It's chat sucks. Alway have to refresh. Messages don't show. You miss so much of the conversation. Their customer support sucks. I really hope she doesn't want to switch to this new site. Lol. Has it always sucked?

I think the site is okay so far...still getting used to it. It is buggy as hell though. The issue where users' names will disappear from the room list and then reappear...I think I and other models (And it's definitely other models besides me experiencing this) just have to accept the fact that it's probably going to be like that until some type of site maintenance is done. There was ONE day where it wasn't allowing me to type anything in the PM box. The area of the PM chat window where you're supposed to type your message to the member...it was minimized to the point where I could barely see the box. So if I were to type something in it, I wouldn't be able to see what I'd typed. It was really strange, but luckily that issue only lasted a day.

Your favorite model should give the site a try. Maybe splitcam it with her other site, or just set aside a few hours per day to be on Stripchat when she's not on her current site? But if I was her I'd want as many cam site member friends as possible showing up to show support. With these token sites, it's always nice to see a familiar screen name of a member we know will keep us company in the chat. :) Her first two weeks on there (Which begins on the first day she broadcasts) she'll be in the "new model" category, so she'll be getting some nice placement on the homepage, but will probably also be getting a lot of guys in her room trying to take advantage of her "new model" status. Fresh meat.....

I'm noticing that a lot of members on here will tip in increments of 1 token. All tokens are appreciated and do add up, however when they're coming in very slowly like that it makes things frustrating when we have a room topic goal..and we aren't getting anywhere close to it. I've had a room topic goal of "200 tokens until naked for 10 minutes," and many, many times have logged off (3-4 hours later) with a disappointing total of UNDER $5 in my pocket.....

Btw I love the tip sounds on here, and the fact that models can charge a token amount for members to PM a photo (Some guys like to send dick pics, or pics of their face). I didn't even know about that feature for models until someone mentioned it here on the forum.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
I'm noticing that a lot of members on here will tip in increments of 1 token. All tokens are appreciated and do add up, however when they're coming in very slowly like that it makes things frustrating when we have a room topic goal..and we aren't getting anywhere close to it. I've had a room topic goal of "200 tokens until naked for 10 minutes," and many, many times have logged off (3-4 hours later) with a disappointing total of UNDER $5 in my pocket.....

Based on my experience being on StripChat for a long time now... Most people don't pay as much attention to goals there. Not like on some other sites. Even less so than Cb. For most rooms the goal is just kind of there and whatever happens largely aside from that. Rare that I ever see users in a room really working toward a goal. Usually it gets met when the model is in the middle of something else with good tipper(s) and doesn't even come into play. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think it's probably better to try to structure things around your tip menu and whatever you're doing in the room than to rely on goals much to drive tips. If that makes any sense. I know the room dynamic there that I'm trying to describe very well but I'm not sure how to relate that any better.

That's independent of most people not tipping well. Which is something else that I see a lot of there too. ; )

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Based on my experience being on StripChat for a long time now... Most people don't pay as much attention to goals there. Not like on some other sites. Even less so than Cb. For most rooms the goal is just kind of there and whatever happens largely aside from that. Rare that I ever see users in a room really working toward a goal. Usually it gets met when the model is in the middle of something else with good tipper(s) and doesn't even come into play. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think it's probably better to try to structure things around your tip menu and whatever you're doing in the room than to rely on goals much to drive tips. If that makes any sense. I know the room dynamic there that I'm trying to describe very well but I'm not sure how to relate that any better.

That's independent of most people not tipping well. Which is something else that I see a lot of there too. ; )

Thank you. Yeah, it's just kinda funny to me, because I've had guys on these token sites complain "Why don't you have more things on your tip menu?" Okay, well I do NOW...so...what's up? It's like pulling teeth to get people on this site to tip anything in the double digits (in my room, at least). Tipping me 1 token isn't gonna get you anything other than a "Thank you."

Reactions: KingMarti
Upvote 0
Well I've narrowed my issue down. No matter what I've tried the chat still has issues. I can see my messages but most other people's messages don't show up in general chat unless I refresh. Then they appear. Stream is fine. Pms don't always show but work better than general chat. I just happened to log in from my cell when it was connected to my home internet and it worked fine.

Upvote 0
No matter what I've tried the chat still has issues. I can see my messages but most other people's messages don't show up in general chat unless I refresh.

It sounds weird, I agree.

If you let me ask a few questions in PM, the tech team will try to find out why it sometimes happens for you.

Reactions: Taxistheft
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.