AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Have you heard of the Amazon Wishlist scam? Or is it just me??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2017
Twitter Username
@MimiChibiCamz
Chaturbate Username
MimiChibi
I hope I did this right...
So I don't know if this is a new scam or one that is just so old that no one talks about it anymore and I have never seen it, but here we go.
I recently had a viewer on Chaturbate ask me for a private chat in exchange for something from my wishlist. I honestly expected he was gonna welch, but PMd him anyway. Sure enough he said thanks and told me to look at two of the lists. When I sorted them there were several cheaper toys reading as "purchased" I was impressed and continued to trade him some more items for a password show. At this point I thought that he was totally for real and we made a deal for several skype shows and a lump sum of money after wards via paypal(yes, I should have known better). I trusted him because he spent so much money on me on amazon and the site confirmed it. Fast forward a week of shows and his payment days start getting pushed back because of this and that. Eventually I was worried that the gifts he had bought me were being missed or something, so I called Amazon and asked them to check on the progress of my packages. The nice lady on the phone found all of my items marked as purchased...but no purchase orders. No tracking numbers. Turns out there is a way to mark items as purchased on anyones list, but never even order them in the first place. Sooo the thing I was using as proof in my mind that he would pay me never happened. This also means that he got a free password show when I thought he had paid. I am out a ton of money and work because of this week long debacle, so I wanted to warn any one that uses their Amazon wishlist as trade for services that it can be faked. Be careful girls, guys, and others...There are some real scumbags out there.

P.S. The way the do it is they click on the buy from other sources button and then manually click it as purchased just based on their word. Amazon does not require proof that they actually purchased/ordered something. It marks your list permanently as far as I can tell. Just a couple of buttons and they don't even have to cancel anything.

Reactions: Pink peach
This is a pretty common one, unfortunately. If you've ever seen a warning NOT to take gifts as payment, or to wait until the item is in your hands before providing services, this is why.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Fatquack
I consider Amazon wishlist items as gifts, and do not offer them as payment for anything due to this scam. I do, however, email the sender a nice "thank you" video with the item once it arrives.

I have had many people try to pull this one on me, don't feel bad. Learn from it, and keep going!

Reactions: Pink peach
Wish lists get scammed on both sides. Some tippers fake purchase. Some models fake not getting the item.

Lol, guess it's just me and everyone else just knows better. Yes, I have learned. It sucks that there are sooo many ways for ppl to try to scam. does any one know about any other scams and loopholes that A**hats use to try to get free shows. I kinda want to compile my own list for new cammers.

Lol, guess it's just me and everyone else just knows better. Yes, I have learned. It sucks that there are sooo many ways for ppl to try to scam. does any one know about any other scams and loopholes that A**hats use to try to get free shows. I kinda want to compile my own list for new cammers.

There are too many and it's cat and mouse so there's always going to be a new scam from both sides. Pretty much stick to the site for payments and choose anything else on a risk/reward basis.

There's a list on the CamGirlWiki that might be helpful: https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.