AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Having the worst time with broadcasting!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lexxie_lane

Cam Model
Mar 26, 2020
Hello all! This is my first post on the ACF. So I was broadcasting on MFC from about november-january. I had a lot of issues with equipment and connections and all kinds of stuff and i was still working full time as a server so I didn't have the time to devote to camming that I wanted to. Fast forward to now, lost my job cause of lockdown so now i have absolutely nothing but time to devote to it and I'm super excited! Back to my original reason for posting.. so I had to get a new computer, new webcam, new modem, new router, and i adjusted my xfinity plan so that i would have optimum streaming capabilities. I have a logitech C920 Webcam. I have a ring light and three other lights positioned in my room, lighting is fantastic. I am using OBS and i broadcast on that through the MFC website. My OBS settings are always a 3-4 CPU and at 30 FPS. Through all these trials, I still have people say I'm dropping the occasional frame or it's lagging some or it keeps refreshing for them. Is this normal?? or am I doing something wrong??? PLZ HELP!

Hi and welcome! I'm not a model, so I can't offer you any help with settings on OBS. If you haven't seen this thread yet, I'll say check it out for info: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/obs-available-on-mfc-hd-streaming.31070/

Also, look to see if you have anything running on your computer that might be conflicting with performance. Any background processes such as from the manufacturer for any bloatware they install, as well as possible firewall settings either on your computer or router.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
I think I managed to solve this with the help of some very patient/helpful regulars! Before I posted this question I was unaware that OBS doesn't support private sessions, which account for at least half my tokens earned. So I decided to go back to Beta and try to make that work. I was broadcasting at 1280x720 and 1.5mbps. I didn't want to go up to 2 cause I was worried that would slow down my connection. Turns out going up to 2.0mbps is what i needed to do to get a great quality stream! Now everything looks great and I don't have to worry every time I log on.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.