AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Having trouble with PM settings on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2017
Twitter Username
@BambiBaphomet
MFC Username
BambiBaphomet
Chaturbate Username
BambiBaphomet
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000893934/BambiBaphomet/
Hey guys, I just got started on MFC recently and one of the first things I made sure to do was set my PMs to friends only. However, I'm still getting PMs from everyone. Another issue is sometimes when I reply to a PM, it doesn't show up and I have to send an MFCmail to communicate instead. Annoying! Anyone else ever have these issues or know how to resolve them? Thanks!

In order to only receive PMs from people on your Friend List, make sure your check boxes are filled in properly on the options window:

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 9.10.47 AM.png

If you are using the downloadable broadcast software, I don't know how to help you with that as I haven't used it in years. The best way to broadcast is to use the ModelWeb Broadcaster (MWB) which has a lot more options and features and generally works better as it is kept up to date moreso than the .exe.

I had that too. What solved it for me was that I logged it to the main page of myfreecams with my model account and not to the model login page. Right hand side there is "personal options". Click it and choose "Privacy options" and set the right check boxes. For me that did the trick.

I had that too. What solved it for me was that I logged it to the main page of myfreecams with my model account and not to the model login page. Right hand side there is "personal options". Click it and choose "Privacy options" and set the right check boxes. For me that did the trick.
Ah yes, maybe the settings on the homepage vs. the settings in the broadcaster were fighting each other :)

Thank you so much! I will try this when I log on tomorrow!

Unfortunately still having problems, despite checking my settings on the homepage and the model page. For now I'm just trying to endure it since there doesn't seem to be much I can do.

Which browser are you using? Can you try an experiment? Start the browser in incognito mode, then login and verify the PM settings in both places. You might have to manually activate Flash settings in incognito mode by selecting the lock to the left of the URL line in Chrome, then on the submenu set Flash to "Always allow on this site".

If it starts working while in incognito mode, then likely you have a bad cookie, or some other browser conflict. You might have to clear cookies for MFC, delete browser cache, etc. If it doesn't work in incognito mode, then I guess something is going on with MFC on the server side.

I have also had the issue you are describing with some PMs not being sent. I haven't had the time to test it in detail, but it appears to be related to the length of the message. Have you noticed this happening with longer PMs that you send?

I have a model I am helping who is having the same problem as the original poster.

Wow, it is hard enough to get someone who is new to the site to find one set of privacy options and configure them. Why did MFC create two overlapping features that configure the same functionality? It's really confusing.

I actually had some issues a few days back. I think they were having server issues. Maybe go back and retry it and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.