AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HBO's New Sex Docuseries First Episode Will Cover Cam Work

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2011
Brazil
Tumblr Username
thingsrodrydigs
MFC Username
MrRodry
Watch: First NSFW Look at HBO's Update to 'Real Sex,' 'Sex // Now'

HBO is bringing sex(y) back to its nonfiction programming with the new docuseries "Sex // Now." Below is the first trailer for the show, providing a look at its first episode, which profiles cam workers, including a couple that integrates their on-camera work into their relationship, and revives the person-on-the-street interviews that made "Real Sex" so endearing.

Source: http://www.indiewire.com/article/televi ... ex-sex-now

Excerpt of an interview with the docuseries director:

At the moment, the show is on a single episode order. What made you decide to start the series with web cam shows?

One episode I always loved from "Real Sex" was about peep shows. The peep show is really traditional sexual entertainment/sex work. The model is behind the glass wall and the curtain is up or down, based on whether or not you're paying. Of all types of sex work, I think it would have been least likely to survive after the rise of the internet. But the closest thing we have is the cam model. It shifts the power from the client to the sex worker. It's something that's happening that's inspiring in a certain way.

You have people that might have done sex work that's more risky doing this. You're essentially crowdsourcing sex work -- getting individual dollars from a lot of people. It was a nice example of technology being used for good, changing the playing field. In an industry that has slanted power towards men, or the people who are paying for the services, this gave power to the sex worker. If someone's being rude, they can be blocked.

Re: HBO's New Sex Docuseries First Episode Will Cover Cam Wo

I remember when I first saw those shows as a kid, they still love showing them today.

Maybe I'm too cynical, but I hope this doesn't increase camming's profile in the public eye til some politician or other thinks "Hey! I can score points with the conservatives by sponsoring legislation to fight this!"

Yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds, but tell me you don't know of at least ONE politician who's not capable of spouting off like that.

ThunderWeasel said:
Maybe I'm too cynical, but I hope this doesn't increase camming's profile in the public eye til some politician or other thinks "Hey! I can score points with the conservatives by sponsoring legislation to fight this!"

Yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds, but tell me you don't know of at least ONE politician who's not capable of spouting off like that.

I get what you mean, but I think it'd just turn into a more commonly known taboo. Fact is I don't think they could shut camming down. Perhaps I'm wrong it just seems a bit too world wide at this point. Someone somewhere would simply sprout up with another site, and Idk worst case I can think is we cammers would have to be simply paid to through Payoneer or something of the like.

I do agree that it'd be annoying as all hell to hear about it all the time. (Speaking as a person who's mother found out she cammed and still tries to make me go to church for it. Also, for a looooong time my mom thought it was illegal, and tried to convince me that my landlady might throw me out, because of it, which ironically is an illegal thing to do. :roll: )

Godiva420 said:
ThunderWeasel said:

I get what you mean, but I think it'd just turn into a more commonly known taboo. Fact is I don't think they could shut camming down. Perhaps I'm wrong it just seems a bit too world wide at this point. Someone somewhere would simply sprout up with another site, and Idk worst case I can think is we cammers would have to be simply paid to through Payoneer or something of the like.

I do agree that it'd be annoying as all hell to hear about it all the time. (Speaking as a person who's mother found out she cammed and still tries to make me go to church for it. Also, for a looooong time my mom thought it was illegal, and tried to convince me that my landlady might throw me out, because of it, which ironically is an illegal thing to do. :roll: )

I know they can't realistically shut it down. They wouldn't care, it's all about the show for the public perception. The real downside to it would be if camming got TOO commonly known.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu

Godiva420 said:

Keep in mind that EXACT same logic was once applied to online poker sites. Those are pretty much gone in America now. They don't have to shut them all down everywhere. Just the companies that process the credit cards to pay those sites. Take away American's ability to buy any tokens on various camming sites and I have a feeling you'd see a lot of them either shut down or a lot of the models not cam anymore.

JerryBoBerry said:
Godiva420 said:

Keep in mind that EXACT same logic was once applied to online poker sites. Those are pretty much gone in America now. They don't have to shut them all down everywhere. Just the companies that process the credit cards to pay those sites. Take away American's ability to buy any tokens on various camming sites and I have a feeling you'd see a lot of them either shut down or a lot of the models not cam anymore.

Maybe you're right, I mean people are stupid. I really need to start thinking less logically so that I can understand how crazy Americans think. Maybe that's why everyone always thinks I'm Canadian, and I have so few US viewers... :think:

My New Years Resolution: Try figure out how religious conservatives think, and try not to have head explode.

JerryBoBerry said:
Godiva420 said:

I get where you are going with your analogy but it is not an apt comparison. Gambling is and was illegal, online and offline, unless regulated by the state or federal government, in the US. That is why it was shut down. More cynically, it was shut down because they had no way to regulate or tax these companies since they were based overseas. Camming in the US is not illegal so they would have a more difficult road to cut off that type of commerce and it is a free speech issue in many situations. There are no winnings that the government is missing out on tax money from and there are already laws and regulations in place to get taxes from independent contractors.

I'm stoked to watch this. A few friends just cammed with Emma Lovett, who's featured on this episode from what I can assume in the clip. Such a small world we're in!

I'm featured in the series! We interviewed and shot some content way back before summertime so I'm super excited to finally see it! :D

I_Love_You503 said:
Don't know why, but the tiny clip of the girl adjusting the angle of her laptop with her foot made me smile. My life.

:eek:
I had to come back and find this thread JUST to say that I thought that part was really sexy for some reason.
No idea why, but I was thinking about it in the shower :shock:

I_Love_You503 said:
Don't know why, but the tiny clip of the girl adjusting the angle of her laptop with her foot made me smile. My life.

Jessi said:
I_Love_You503 said:

:eek:
I had to come back and find this thread JUST to say that I thought that part was really sexy for some reason.
No idea why, but I was thinking about it in the shower :shock:

Sometimes it feels nice to be able to give back to the web communities you are part of.

9NRGsfu.gif

Minnie said:
I know this is old but anyone seen this full episode online anywhere?

i can't seem to find it and this doesn't air on Canada HBO and plus I got rid of my HBO Canada

It's definitely "out there"... just keep in mind that it's called "Sex // Now"

Combine this with another choice search term on Google, and it should be pretty easy to track down. Not that I condone such shady activities ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.