AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HD videos taking members hours to download

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have this issue? Using mediafire - switched from non-hd video to HD (recorded on quicktime with a mac) and the file size for a 7 minute video is 5.7GB and takes wayyyyy too long for members to download. If the video was 45 minutes it would take like... days.

I do not know anything about mediafire. I suspect that mediafile is doing some wicked conversion of the files.

I suggest you take the original file from your Mac. Make sure it's HD there. I would download the program "Handbrake". You can get it from "http://handbrake.fr". this is completely free. Its a program to help convert videos. I use it all the time for my video needs with screen recording and blu-rays and stuff.

I would take your original HD file. I assume this is already at a standard size of something like 1280 x 720 (720p) or 1920x1080 (1080p). But I would take your original file and run it through handbrake at the "Normal" preset. Then try uploading THAT file to Mediafire and see what happens.

The goal is for you to give MediaFire a file that ideally they won't have to convert or otherwise touch.

Put it in a zip file. Compress it. Try maybe Google drive or Live drive. Mediafire is garbage cloud hosting.

Put it in a zip file. Compress it. Try maybe Google drive or Live drive. Mediafire is garbage cloud hosting.

A zip file rarely compresses a video file since video files typically are already compressed. Sometimes the file size will actually increase.

Now if you want it to just be a .zip to avoid something processing it then that makes sense. Dropbox is also a pretty good service if you want to go that route.

Are you uploading the video file straight from your camera without editing it? If so, that could be the reason your file size is so large. If you ran it through any editing program (or Handbrake like suggested), you can easily get the file size down below 1GB if you use the right settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.