AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

He tipped to PM but now he’s blowing my messages up????

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2019
Oklahoma
Chaturbate Username
Wet_angelxxx
I NEED HELP understanding something..... So of course in my room I have a tip menu and it’s 10 tokens to pm and when they do tip and I PM them it seems like they feel I have to put all my attention on them and their messages but there will be times I have other people tipping on my show so I pay more attention to them and some get mad because they paid 10tokens to PM? Please help me understand if I’m doing something wrong or a different way I can approach this topic? Love all the input anyone can put!

Oh sweet goodness charge more!!!!!! Step 1!
10 tokens is wayyyyyyy too low.

Step 2. Set some basic guidelines for pm.

personally, I just don’t let people I don’t already know well pm me but I don’t do privates

They have to understand your top priority is your larger audience and/or your performance. If they don’t, then yeah... you probably have to force it on them with less frequent replies.

As a member, I love to chat, but I’m respectful of when (and for how long) I do it. And even if I’m a regular, I never want the model to feel like she’ll lose my business if we don’t PM constantly. It’s not about me. I imagine some members are less cooperative, which is unfortunate.

A model I visit regularly stopped to PM me when I entered her room last night and I told her not to let me distract her. She went back to her show, made money, and when there was a lull in tipping, we chatted again. Perfect arrangement, IMO.

Reactions: Wet_angel
I would say raise your rates for PM. But, being you're on CB, I think it's a per entrance into the room isn't it? Meaning, if I tipped for PM, then left for an errand and came back I have to tip again to PM. If that's the case, then definitely raise your rates. But, I can't say to what would be a fair rate for it yet be discouraging enough for those who are looking for cheap PM with you.

As a member (I'm on MFC), I usually do tip for Friend add which gives PM capability with models I visit frequently. But, I always try to keep PMs to a minimum and try to keep the focus in the room. Rarely do I expect a timely response to a PM. But, if was and it's been a while, I'll send a tip note asking her to check my PM.

Setting expectations is a good thing when it comes to PM's, I've seen where models have verbally stated they prefer communication in the chat room as well as have a bot with the same message.

Hopefully you can get it sorted out, and allows you to focus on the room more without loosing any members.

if I tipped for PM, then left for an errand and came back I have to tip again to PM.
No, not specially.
When you leave the room having your pm right, you are able to enter gain reopen the pm to the broadcaster by yourself even if you're not supporter.

This works also if the broadcaster has refreshed his room and lost the pm tab or got few minutes offline.
(There must be a timer behind this, but I didn't try further...)

Price of pm should depend on how many people are in the room if you ask me. If that guy bothers you too much, don't answer or just don't pm with him.

Definitely don't be too nervous or worried about telling them to stop spamming you because you need to concentrate on your show (regardless of whether there is anyone else in your room talking or tipping). SOmeone having you distracted in PM can quite easily miss messages in public chat from potential tippers when they come in and say "hi" and then they leave because they see you too busy (and they could assume wrong, thinking you're busy on another camsite - which does put guys off, I have seen that plenty).

So, tell them in the PM that you will read/reply to their PMs if/when you can, unless it's something of importance (such as discussing private). If they continue to spam, warn them they will be silenced... and then if they still don't stfu, silence them. Clearly, if they are spamming you a lot in PM and not tipping more than the 10 tokens, they are not (presumably) going to be a huge loss to you.

What does he write to you in PM?

Usually I use them only to discuss some details about what I'm doing/no doing in private, what toy do I have, and other related questions that users may be too shy to ask about in free chat.

If he start to complain about his wife or try to start a discussion about fantasies and kinks i just inform his that I'm not doing any psychological help/erotic roleplay/fetish discussion in PM, but i do them in private and i even have a special price for it (12tk/min, giving that i wont do anything other then writing).

Recently added this point to my tip menu, that helped to lower the number of PM abusers.

Last edited:
No, not specially.
When you leave the room having your pm right, you are able to enter gain reopen the pm to the broadcaster by yourself even if you're not supporter.

This works also if the broadcaster has refreshed his room and lost the pm tab or got few minutes offline.
(There must be a timer behind this, but I didn't try further...)

Then it must have changed since last I was on CB (at least 2-3 yrs), it was where if I left the room I lost PM capabilities with the broadcaster. Didn't matter time, could've been 1 minute or 60. Or, it was how the broadcaster setup their room.

Then it must have changed since last I was on CB (at least 2-3 yrs), it was where if I left the room I lost PM capabilities with the broadcaster. Didn't matter time, could've been 1 minute or 60. Or, it was how the broadcaster setup their room.

This has always been like it since I have been there which is the end of 2016.
Most people don't understand/realise it anyway so they still come back and beg for a PM again in free chat or tip again for it. Probably one of those things not to let everyone be aware of to be fair.
I don't think there is anything in a model's settings to allow/disallow this to happen. I am unsure of the exact moment when you can no longer initiate the PM. Before I use to buy Support status, I know that there were times a broadcaster had PMed me, then gone offline for an hour or so, came back and I could still initiate the PM with her, then other times it feels like the same has happened but I could NOT start the conversation again. it's something I would love to know the exact details/rules for.

Most people don't understand/realise it anyway so they still come back and beg for a PM again in free chat or tip again for it. Probably one of those things not to let everyone be aware of to be fair.

I figured this out by accident one day. I was having a PM convo with a model and my phone disconnected. When I reconnected several minutes later, without thinking about it, I sent the “first” PM and it went right through. I doubt it lasts more than an hour or so, but I really don’t know the cutoff.

Reactions: DoD404 and NotYou
Some guys feel like they are entitled to every drop of your energy because they tipped you a few tokens. There are lots of these guys and chances are good that they will never tip you again/will tip very small amounts every couple of weeks. Give them what you feel comfortable giving. If that's a PM here and there when you have a bit of a lull in your show, then that's what they get. If they try to push for more without tipping more, then ban 'em because all they're going to do is take and take and take.

I do have a few guys who avoid the main room and prefer to communicate via PM, but they continue to tip me regularly as we PM, and they know that they won't necessarily get instant replies when I'm busy with other things for my public show.

10 tk gets a few seconds of chit chat. It does not buy these men endless amounts of your time.

One thing I see some models do is tip a specific amount for a set time. The only problem with that on CB is, you will need to make a mental (or physical) not for when they tipped, because CB doesn't allow any timestamps, however another method could be to use a GIF image in the chat, as soon as it starts, send the gif.

I don't think there is anything in a model's settings to allow/disallow this to happen. I am unsure of the exact moment when you can no longer initiate the PM. Before I use to buy Support status, I know that there were times a broadcaster had PMed me, then gone offline for an hour or so, came back and I could still initiate the PM with her, then other times it feels like the same has happened but I could NOT start the conversation again. it's something I would love to know the exact details/rules for.

I'm not sure why, but the few models I visited while I was on CB any time my connection dropped or they went offline for a few minutes I couldn't send the first PM. Didn't really bother me, as the PM amount was low enough that I didn't mind. Was just more of an annoyance than anything.

There is no adjustment on this. it's okay that you lose the p.m. Tab but you could click on her pseudo and open p.m. again.
Very recently it changed and pm tab is always proposed to any viewer, they can just not type in it if they don't have the rights.

I NEED HELP understanding something..... So of course in my room I have a tip menu and it’s 10 tokens to pm and when they do tip and I PM them it seems like they feel I have to put all my attention on them and their messages but there will be times I have other people tipping on my show so I pay more attention to them and some get mad because they paid 10tokens to PM? Please help me understand if I’m doing something wrong or a different way I can approach this topic? Love all the input anyone can put!

One option is to charge a fixed amount to open PM, then ask for additional tokens per message. For example: 40 tokens to open the PM, and the token menu might document taht as "PM (+2 tokens per message)"

?? would like weird and cause long discussions... nobody does this.

Find a clearer way to say it then. But there is nothing weird about asking for viewers to pay for messages on a per-message basis. If you think nobody does this, you need to look harder. I know one model who charges 100 tokens to start a PM. She asks for 51 tokens per message, and she won't even guarantee a reply. Obviously she does this to stop people from asking for PM at all, but there are many models doing some version of the pay-per-message model.

Each model has to decide what behavior she wants to shape and how she can use economics to build the outcome she wants. The original poster did not appreciate people who pay one time for messaging and then go nuclear in her PM asking her 1000 questions. So she can raise the price of the PM, but that alone will not stop someone who wants to blow up her message box. Time is money, so asking for additional money for each message is a fair way for her to get paid for anyone who wants to monopolize her time.

I will grant you very few models do this. Judging by how viewers misuse PM, probably more should do something about it.

Last edited:
If the guy is so annoying, just ignore him. I would not make it so complicated.

I think one of the big problems with simply ignoring his messages, is the fact if you have multiple PMs open, you may be fine with talking to the other people. You see the "flashing" tab to indicate you have a new message, but then you see it's just the annoying guy that has messaged you. Or, you ignore the flashing new messages because you assume it's that annoying guy, when it could be one of the "good" ones who is asking something legit - for PVT maybe, for example.

If CB could have a way to "block PM" from a certain user, it'd be like silencing a member but only from chatting in PM for 6hrs or more.

There is an "x" next to a pm with a user. This deletes the conversation. I have actually no idea what happens when a user that is on ignore sends a pm then. If it flashes then or not.

There is an "x" next to a pm with a user. This deletes the conversation. I have actually no idea what happens when a user that is on ignore sends a pm then. If it flashes then or not.

Oh you mean literally click his name and ignore?
Sorry my bad, I thought you just meant ignore the messages he is sending.
To be honest I am unsure what happens with that scenario too. I should imagine he can't open the PM? I will have to test it with a model, and I will let you know.

Edit:
Ok just tried with a model, in her own room she has no "ignore user" option. I guess because you can silence or kick.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I think hitting the “X” simply closes the current PM window with that member, but doesn’t prevent more PMs from either side.

I’ve had a model ask me to repeat something I typed because she accidentally “X’ed out” of my PM window. We could still PM, but she lost all previous messages when she closed the window and re-opened it.

I could be wrong, but I think hitting the “X” simply closes the current PM window with that member, but doesn’t prevent more PMs from either side.

I’ve had a model ask me to repeat something I typed because she accidentally “X’ed out” of my PM window. We could still PM, but she lost all previous messages when she closed the window and re-opened it.

I think what was suggested above, is to X out of the window and then to click on that user's name and select "ignore user". Unfortunately, as I just learned earlier, the broadcaster has no "ignore user" in her own room. So that method would not work sadly.

You are right. I just checked in my room. The option ignore is not there in my own room, only when I'm in other rooms. In my own room I can only silence or ban a user.

Anyway, a silence then.

Keeping in mind what others have said about raising prices, also remember that this will keep on going for as long as you let it, with more possible pmers the more popular you get. It also puts a pause to the public room's mood (which is vital when doing public shows/goals), and may encourage people to tip to pm if they see you putting your attention there.. which creates more pms!

I personally don't do PMs, regardless of CB or MFC or whatever. It stresses me the fuck out and I have no idea how so many people are able to do it, but you could not pay me to PM you on live cam if you tried :whew: Feels really disappointing that CB can't switch PMs off, which gives members the wrong impression.

However, I do PMs for discussing private shows only - and these pms have to be kept short (5 questions regarding the pvt or less, otherwise I'm out). Maybe something to think about if you do pvts as well?

Edit: if anyone insists on PMing you, ask them to tell their question in a 1tk tip note and you can answer it out loud while also keeping the public show's mood stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.