AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HEELLLPP - i need a texting app!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2021
Regina, Saskatchewan
allmylinks.com
Twitter Username
@Lexieexotixx
MFC Username
Lexieexotixxx
Okay so I apologize if this has already been asked and I have asked it in the wrong spot... (But I searched to the best of my abilities and couldnt exactly find a response for this....)

But on ManyVids there is a feature to buy your phone number (which i obv. just got a texting app that gave me a new number) but then there's the option for texting app...and asks for app name...I'd much rather do that than the phone call/phone number option...can anyone suggest any good apps that i can use even on my computer????? that would be awesome. Thankyou !!

Well I use a app called viber, dont think it shows other people ur number. But u do have to add a number

Well I use a app called viber, dont think it shows other people ur number. But u do have to add a number

I last used viber a few years ago but I specifically remember seeing phone numbers and it actually somehow linked to my Facebook and Messenger app and showed me a models Facebook profile which was personal and not for us to see. Not sure if or what options are available to hide privacy now or if it was just something back then she forgot to change.

I would try stick to anything already popular though. You don't want to have to try persuade guys to download apps they never heard of and have to make new accounts on them.

WhatsApp and Telegram are great and popular and each have desktop- WhatsApp can't do calls or video on desktop, only on phone

Okay so I apologize if this has already been asked and I have asked it in the wrong spot... (But I searched to the best of my abilities and couldnt exactly find a response for this....)

But on ManyVids there is a feature to buy your phone number (which i obv. just got a texting app that gave me a new number) but then there's the option for texting app...and asks for app name...I'd much rather do that than the phone call/phone number option...can anyone suggest any good apps that i can use even on my computer????? that would be awesome. Thankyou !!
Viber and Telegram

I last used viber a few years ago but I specifically remember seeing phone numbers and it actually somehow linked to my Facebook and Messenger app and showed me a models Facebook profile which was personal and not for us to see. Not sure if or what options are available to hide privacy now or if it was just something back then she forgot to change.

I would try stick to anything already popular though. You don't want to have to try persuade guys to download apps they never heard of and have to make new accounts on them.

WhatsApp and Telegram are great and popular and each have desktop- WhatsApp can't do calls or video on desktop, only on phone
how do you share your WhatsApp with ppl ??

Something to consider...when I was a full time cam model I used to sell my number as well (it was through Burner App) XD However what I found with this is that it made the people who paid for my number...needy. Like, entitled. Like, getting mad when it would take a full day to respond. So if you're going to do it using this route I just recommend you set some clear boundaries with clients right off the bat, for example "I'll be available to chat between X and X time each day" or "my schedule is hectic so I respond a few times a day" something like that so you don't have the same experience I did.

If you're open to using another site, SextPanther.com is GREAT because the entire site is a service for texting/calling with fans. It protects your identity and gives you a new number. I also prefer SP above all because clients have to pay PER interaction with you. For example, per text message, photo message, video message, etc. I've found this site to be way more lucrative than what I was doing before using Burner App.

I hope this helps you make the right choice for you :h:

Something to consider...when I was a full time cam model I used to sell my number as well (it was through Burner App) XD However what I found with this is that it made the people who paid for my number...needy. Like, entitled. Like, getting mad when it would take a full day to respond. So if you're going to do it using this route I just recommend you set some clear boundaries with clients right off the bat, for example "I'll be available to chat between X and X time each day" or "my schedule is hectic so I respond a few times a day" something like that so you don't have the same experience I did.

If you're open to using another site, SextPanther.com is GREAT because the entire site is a service for texting/calling with fans. It protects your identity and gives you a new number. I also prefer SP above all because clients have to pay PER interaction with you. For example, per text message, photo message, video message, etc. I've found this site to be way more lucrative than what I was doing before using Burner App.

I hope this helps you make the right choice for you :h:
Oh you can also use SP on your computer, too.

I was about to suggest TextNow (Though I don't think there's an option to use it from your computer) and Google Voice (But I'd avoid using a Google/Google Voice account that's linked to my real name and personal email...maybe make an alternate one). But the texting section of a ManyVids profile specifically asks you to provide the name of the app + your username. You're not really given a username for TextNow or Google Voice. You're just assigned a phone number.

texting.jpg

Maybe use Kik? That's an app where you create your own username, and I think I've seen other ManyVids model list Kik as their texting app of choice. .

You could probably list Skype as your texting app (Even though most are using that for video chat), and then specify in the "texting rules" that it's only for texting, and you will not be video chatting.

Telegram is good. You need a number to register but can turn off sharing it when adding contacts. Also can opt not having a username so people can't find you on telegram if you delete them. You can talk on desktop too through their app. Also you can set secret chats so it auto deletes msgs on a timer. Or can just delete the whole chat when required. Also shows when they take a screenshot too but don't stop them from using a camera.

Something to consider...when I was a full time cam model I used to sell my number as well (it was through Burner App) XD However what I found with this is that it made the people who paid for my number...needy. Like, entitled...
:h:

I've seen similar with a model who I know very well. She'll add very big tippers to one of her messaging apps as a way to try to retain them. But more what seems to happen is that once they're on her phone, they have another way to get to her and mostly just want her there from that point on. After a short time it's mostly maybe some smaller tips and "Check your phone." I've seen the same happen enough for it to be a pattern of behavior that needs to be better managed. Actually ends up working against her I think other than in some exceptional cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.