AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Help, my girl might have cold feet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker_Babe

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 31, 2010
Earth
thecamgirlreport.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@Poker_Babe69
Tumblr Username
Pokerbabe69
MFC Username
A_Poker_Babe
Streamate Username
PokerCutie
Chaturbate Username
Poker_Babe
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/78365/poker-princess--clip-store
I hope this is the right place to post this, I would have posted this in the model advertizing section, but I'm not sure if there's even going to be a show to advertise anymore.
So long story short. A gf of mine set up her mfc account, and we were planning on camming together today/night. She was all excited about it like all week, well now I just spoke with her bf over the phone, and it sounds to me like she may be getting stage fright. This will be her first time on live cam. I was hoping I could get you guys to post some encouraging comments to her profile... maybe that will help???
Her name is Alice http://profiles.myfreecams.com/cum1_cumall

I think that it would be wrong to pressure someone into camming for the first time no matter how good the intentions are and how gently the pressure would be applied. This is something she should decide for herself without being talked into doing it and if she has any doubt she shouldn't cam especially if she is 18 as her profile says.

I think that it would be wrong to pressure someone into camming for the first time no matter how good the intentions are and how gently the pressure would be applied. This is something she should decide for herself without being talked into doing it and if she has any doubt she shouldn't cam especially if she is 18 as her profile says.
i agree, but the whole thing was her idea. I'm not entirely sure that it is stage fright, no one has come right out and said this to me. it's just what i suspect.

Does it really matter if it was her idea and what the reason is for her wanting to back out now?

I agree with everything you have said here.
Camming is a HUGE decision especially for someone rather young. Doing cam work can exclude you from a bunch of different career paths and is a decision that should be made very carefully with no encouragement from others. I have friends I have "encouraged" but every one of them had already done some type of cam work or at the very least nude modeling in their life. Usually, I am just encouraging them to come back and try again.

I've talked to friends about what I do but I am always VERY stern about the fact that the internet is forever and people will find out.

Give her time to think about it.

Does it really matter if it was her idea and what the reason is for her wanting to back out now?
Very much agree with everything pioneer said.

i agree, but the whole thing was her idea. I'm not entirely sure that it is stage fright, no one has come right out and said this to me. it's just what i suspect.

Even if it were stage fright, I don't think there is much to be done that could change her mind in a positive manner. As someone who has personally had a lifetime of anxiety and stage fright, I've had several experiences when I allowed pressure from friends or family or authority to override my stage fight and forced myself to perform anyways. I know that people thought that they were doing what was best for me, that I would see it was no big deal and everything was okay, but instead, it just turned anxious experiences into paralyzingly-terrifying ones. They weren't experiences that had any positive measure to them, they weren't filled with smiles or fun or joy. They were obstacles that I needed to power through, filled with misery and panic and dread, and now, I cannot even repeat said experiences without feeling that same anxiety. I look back on those moments and I regret them - regret for not staying true to my desires and my instincts and my own emotional needs. Those experiences will always be tainted by past fears, and I would hate to see that happen to your friend, if she feels pressured to perform when she isn't ready yet.

Camming is a big enough decision on its own without adding in such pressure, whether it comes from well-meaning friends or concerned partners. If she is feeling too frightened to perform, then that's okay. It's not the right time for her. I know that in my personal experiences, it would have been more helpful to feel as if my loved ones supported my decisions to not participate, rather than feel as if they would be angry or disappointed or let down if I put my own emotions first.

If your friend has cold feet, just reassure her that you support her decision and that her own well-being comes first. That she has all of the time in the world to dip into camming, if this is what she truly wants. That you are here for her, whether she wants to cam or not. I think that's the best way you could help!

Status
Not open for further replies.