AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Help navigating the online sex work industry

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondNoire1

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 8, 2017
New York City
Twitter Username
@diamond_noire_
MFC Username
DiamondNoire
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000825944/Diamond_Noire/
I've been camming on MFC for about 2 weeks, and I'm already overwhelmed by the sheer possibility of things to do in this industry. I want to be as successful as possible as an online sex worker, but I have no idea what that entails or even where to start. I know many cam girls use mfc and other sites to sell pictures/videos and membership site subscriptions, in addition to live camming. I've also noticed that some make extra money selling panties, Skype sessions, phone calls, texts, snapchat subscriptions, affiliate programs, etc. I would love to dive head first into all of these things, but I should probably take it one step at a time. So what are all of the available websites/tools/side hustles a cam girl (or anyone in the online sex work industry) should know about? I'd hate to waste time with setting up an account that won't be useful until I have a bigger following, but I'd also hate to miss out on new customers by no taking advantage of all the options. Where should I start? What should I prioritize?

Thanks in advance! :)

It really depends what you want to do. I would say the bigger cam sites are a good place to start. Since you're already on mfc, I would focus on that as much as possible to see if it works for you. If it doesn't work out but you enjoy token sites, Chaturbate is another option.

For private based sites, Streamate seems to be the most popular.

You can offer phone/Skype shows, with NiteFlirt or iWantPhone. You can also sell them independently or offer Skype for tokens on mfc.

If you are interested in making clips/videos and photosets, you can try uploading to ManyVids, Clips4Sale, and iWantClips.

Those are just some of the main sites, there are a lot of other sites you can try, you never really know if something is going to work for you until you give it a shot!

Since you're already camming on mfc, I would start making clips next. Having clips to sell can be super helpful! You can use them as prizes and to encourage offline tips (which boost camscore). Plus you can upload them to clip sites for some extra income :)

It really depends what you want to do. I would say the bigger cam sites are a good place to start. Since you're already on mfc, I would focus on that as much as possible to see if it works for you. If it doesn't work out but you enjoy token sites, Chaturbate is another option.

Since you're already camming on mfc, I would start making clips next. Having clips to sell can be super helpful! You can use them as prizes and to encourage offline tips (which boost camscore). Plus you can upload them to clip sites for some extra income :)

I'm a compulsive overachiever, so I'd love to do all the things if it were possible. I've been enjoying mfc, but my new model status is expiring, so traffic in my room has dropped A LOT. I'm gonna try Chaturbate, thanks for the suggestion!

I already have a ManyVids account, but it looked really professional and intimidating, so I haven't created anything yet. But I keep seeing positive reviews, so I'll try it out. Could I sell the same videos on mfc and ManyVids?

I'm a compulsive overachiever, so I'd love to do all the things if it were possible. I've been enjoying mfc, but my new model status is expiring, so traffic in my room has dropped A LOT. I'm gonna try Chaturbate, thanks for the suggestion!

I already have a ManyVids account, but it looked really professional and intimidating, so I haven't created anything yet. But I keep seeing positive reviews, so I'll try it out. Could I sell the same videos on mfc and ManyVids?

Yes you can definitely sell the same clips on mfc and ManyVids :) I would get verified here so you can have access to the models only section. It has a ton of useful info on the different cam and clip sites

Yes you can definitely sell the same clips on mfc and ManyVids :) I would get verified here so you can have access to the models only section. It has a ton of useful info on the different cam and clip sites

Okay, thanks!

Yeah, I'm really glad I found this site. I thought I'd done my research, but I'm constantly learning new things on here. Hopefully, I can get verified soon. Before this I worked at a legal brothel, and one of my biggest complaints there was that the other girls were extremely competitive and rude. Even though I'm sure I haven't seen the best of it yet, it's really amazing to see so many people helping each other out in an industry that would otherwise be very lonely.

Status
Not open for further replies.