AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hi all! Some questions about an idea I had.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2017
Hello beautiful people. I'm a feminist and software developer who's been thinking about possible ways to use my skills to help improve the industry of sex work (with the specific goal of helping sex workers in general), and I stumbled upon this website in my quest to learn more about the specific niche of camming. I was hoping to get some of your opinions about what I consider a possible need for a better website to host your livestreams. I want to offer more support. So here's my vision: a private forum for models, page/channel customization options, thorough moderation + banning serial harassers or people who disrespect models' boundaries, tech support for models... long term goals may include sales options (digital or physical goods), personal blogs... moon shot goals would be being able to actually hire models as employees and provide benefits, help with equipment, etc.

So, do you think there is a need for such a project? Would you consider joining a startup website with these goals, or are you doing just fine with the ones you're already on? Please feel free to be brutally honest, because I don't want to waste my time, but if you do think the idea has some merit or you have any additional input/suggestions please let me know! I'd love to hear what you think.

Thanks for reading!
Rozie

The number one thing I look for in new sites is traffic. You can have millions of amazing sales options, moderation, customization options.. but it's all meaningless without traffic. I am already super busy and spread thin between a few content sites + camming and so there's no way I would give my limited energy to a site that doesn't have traffic.

I know lots of people complain about model/tech support on MFC but to be honest I'm not bothered by it. Moderation/banning harassers seems unnecessary. I can ban harassers myself. Blogs would just add more workload for me.

Things that would encourage me to leave MFC (my current site):
-another site with better traffic
-another identical site with higher payout percentage and equal or better traffic
-another site with contests that encourage us to cam/work more/earn more
-that's all

Thanks for the honest feedback caireen. I was also thinking about potential contests or other ways for models to participate more as well, and my goal would be to payout as much as possible to the models while still being sustainable. I've been thinking about your answers and I had a few followup questions if you have a moment.

I know you need traffic to be on a website at all because you've budgeted that time to make a certain amount of money. If I were able to offer some incentives, would that be of interest to you? Like maybe a cash bonus or stipend for the first x months while the site grows, or a lifetime founder status with extra perks like maybe getting priority on being featured on the front page, something like that? This is just hypothetical right now because I'd need to save up a bit of my own money for that & develop the website, but I'd totally be willing to invest in models who gave my site a chance.

Thanks again for your time :h:

what makes your site better for livestreaming other than just claiming it? camsites aren't a field of dreams. if you build it, more than likely they won't come if you don't have traffic. i'm not going to waste my time making less than what i can be making on my main site. i would personally love more private based sites. these token sites are all in the same IMO.

*any private forum based sites are heavily censored. plus we already have great forums like this!

*most guys don't read profiles, so no really big need. most camsites give you the option. others have controlled look to help with the look and flow of the site. i bet if i put booger picking on my profile five out of the hundreds that visit my room will see it.

*i've noticed a trend of feminist believing that camgirls are plagued by harassers. we aren't. we have some pretty thick skin. i turn the people who come to troll/harass me into room entertainment. i don't want to get rid of them, they make me so much money. my site even knows not to mute unruly members when im doing a site promoted show, because they know my magic. plus i easily ban them on my own. to make people respect your boundaries is to demand it verbally. anytime a member disrespects it, i say communicate when they are being inappropriate. i have made disrespectful members into polite respectful regulars. most of the time they are horny, and they aren't thinking clearly.

*most of us make our own sales goals. i put a sticky up with the amount i want to make for the night and focus on that. i usually ignore any of my sites statistic and data tools.

*pass on the blog. sounds like more work than what it's worth. if you want to update you members on new shit, cool. but most of us just log on and log off when we are done. i can only seeing a small handful reading it.

*chat techsupport for models plz. i hate having to wait a day for a response.

*hire people who are qualified please. i'm so sick of being pitched camgirl run stuff. neat if they have a background, but they need to be qualified. a lot of camsites already do hire models.

also want to add, the biggest problem most sites have when starting up is paying their models. they don't have the funds to distribute out. so you need to have a lot funding. it might be awhile before you see a profit. paying your models should always be number one priority. nothing makes models jump ship more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.