AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hi, everyone total camsite noob here

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2021
Hi, everyone found this forum after some looking around, hoping I might get a few answers about things here.

about a month ago, I tried Streamate for the first time ever, and I don't know if it was luck or what, But i picked the best girl in my opinion for a first experience.
I spent time with her pretty much every night she was on and we always made some kind of loose plan for the next time. Well she hasn't been on in days, and while her profile is still on my favorites everytime i click on it i get a 404 not found error.
does this mean she quit? it's the only profile i seem to have this problem with and no offence to the people at streamate but their support hasn't been helpful. they tell my the logged into my account to check and it works fine.

Well not sure what else to say right now, hopefully someone here can help. Thanks!

Hi, everyone found this forum after some looking around, hoping I might get a few answers about things here.

about a month ago, I tried Streamate for the first time ever, and I don't know if it was luck or what, But i picked the best girl in my opinion for a first experience.
I spent time with her pretty much every night she was on and we always made some kind of loose plan for the next time. Well she hasn't been on in days, and while her profile is still on my favorites everytime i click on it i get a 404 not found error.
does this mean she quit? it's the only profile i seem to have this problem with and no offence to the people at streamate but their support hasn't been helpful. they tell my the logged into my account to check and it works fine.

Well not sure what else to say right now, hopefully someone here can help. Thanks!
Hi,

Based on your message, I get that you are a customer? Please contact our customer support (there are multiple ways you get get support: live chat, WhatsApp, phone or email) and ask them for more info.

Upvote 0

huh weird. have you tried viewing her profile while not logged on? if not, she may have updated her geoblocks. that could be why support was able to view her profile through your account.

another option is to try clearing your cache and cookies.

Reactions: ceedee21
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replys, Catalina, I'll give more of the options a try I only really tried the text chat.

AudriTwo, yea i tried all of that i can find her screen name in a google seach none of those worked either. even used some computers and a friends phone to see, same thing. I'm not really sure how geoblocks work, still new to this.
I'm not sure why she would according to her I was her favorite and only serious regular, but that also could have been something she just told me. I could give more detailed info, but I'm not sure how much to say, She's a very sweet girl and I don't want to cause any trouble for her. all I'd really like to know if she's ok. something about her situation didn't seem right to me. is it normal for a model to have no direct access to her account? she said she had a manager who did all that for her. so if the geoblocks changed he probably did it not her. can I give her screen name so someone else can try?

Upvote 0
This happens when models are banned or close their accounts in my experience. Could be geoblock like Audritwo said though.
I figured that's what happened, because I really can't think of a reason she would block me. I've never done stuff like this before, but I treated her like I would any women, well whatever happened I hope she's alright.
Thanks for the replies who knows maybe she'll pop up on here one day

Upvote 0
Little update, her profile is back, but something is wrong with it. I can see the profile, but instead of saying she's offline and being given the option to go see the live models or Pm her, it just says oops something went wrong, and things just look funky.

Upvote 0
Little update, her profile is back, but something is wrong with it. I can see the profile, but instead of saying she's offline and being given the option to go see the live models or Pm her, it just says oops something went wrong, and things just look funky.
those pms can sometimes be sent a little late. they get stuck in outgoing queue or whatever.

Upvote 0
those pms can sometimes be sent a little late. they get stuck in outgoing queue or whatever.
I can't send any pms, the page seems bugged I hit the send private message button and even though I'm logged in I get the prompt to make a brand new account, so no idea what's going on. is it weird that I'm worried about her? I know most of it was probably just her doing her job, but we did seem to get pretty close. but then again I have no other examples to go by. when I said I was a total noob to all this I meant it, I've never done this before. but from all I read this didn't seem like a typical experience.

Upvote 0
I can't send any pms, the page seems bugged I hit the send private message button and even though I'm logged in I get the prompt to make a brand new account, so no idea what's going on. is it weird that I'm worried about her? I know most of it was probably just her doing her job, but we did seem to get pretty close. but then again I have no other examples to go by. when I said I was a total noob to all this I meant it, I've never done this before. but from all I read this didn't seem like a typical experience.
she banned ya then. sorry boo.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Upvote 0
she banned ya then. sorry boo.
is that what being banned looks like? cause the page looks like that even when i'm not logged in, it looks like it's about to load up her live feed loads for a really long time, then says oops something went wrong can I give you her screen name on streamate? see if you get the same result I've also google searched her name without logging in and i get the same result, and it still says she hasn't been on since august 17th. and I've tried with multiple browsers, and my phone. the phone is different the the web browser, it acts like it does when their online, i can switch between what should be her live feed and profile. I figured if I was banned she wouldn't appear on my favorites anymore.
Well whatever is going on, thanks for taking the time to talk with me Audri.

Upvote 0
is that what being banned looks like? cause the page looks like that even when i'm not logged in, it looks like it's about to load up her live feed loads for a really long time, then says oops something went wrong can I give you her screen name on streamate? see if you get the same result I've also google searched her name without logging in and i get the same result, and it still says she hasn't been on since august 17th. and I've tried with multiple browsers, and my phone. the phone is different the the web browser, it acts like it does when their online, i can switch between what should be her live feed and profile. I figured if I was banned she wouldn't appear on my favorites anymore.
Well whatever is going on, thanks for taking the time to talk with me Audri.
huh. or it could be a glitch.

sure whats her exact cam name on her profile? someone can check with their member account for ya.

Upvote 0
I have had some SM glitches lately and had to email support 4 times to get one simple issue resolved so I am personally aware of glitches. I have had users say my cammodels link doesn’t work anymore and then I tried it and it does work. I didn’t think anything of it but then your situation made me wonder if it is a glitch. Either way … even if she did not block you … it may be time to find a new friend online to distract you from feeling perplexed … all the best

Upvote 0
@Catalina SM this has been an issue for years. member reports an issue and they don't take it seriously. i understand most tech support inquiries are 95% user error, but there have been times where i have reported site glitches to customer support only for support to be very rude to me, like accusing me of photoshopping my screenshots.

is there like a bug report or something that can be filled out? there are lots of times where us models would try to report issues our customers are reporting to us only to be told they need to contact support for troubleshoot. idk i worked in tech support once upon a time so its weird not to take bug/glitch reports seriously until something breaks.

Reactions: melanieoncam
Upvote 0
huh. or it could be a glitch.

sure whats her exact cam name on her profile? someone can check with their member account for ya.
PlayfulKatrina. I'm guessing you have full control of your account right? as we talked and I asked if she was ever going to offer gold shows, or discounted block sessions, or maybe start a fan club, she told me she doesn't have direct control of the profile I see, she told me not to send pms becuase she doesn't see them, all the other stuff I mentioned she told me her manager wouldn't let her do becuase they make no money. that never made sense to me wouldn't you want to give a model every chance to make money no matter how small
I have had some SM glitches lately and had to email support 4 times to get one simple issue resolved so I am personally aware of glitches. I have had users say my cammodels link doesn’t work anymore and then I tried it and it does work. I didn’t think anything of it but then your situation made me wonder if it is a glitch. Either way … even if she did not block you … it may be time to find a new friend online to distract you from feeling perplexed … all the best
what does being blocked even look like? She really is the first girl ever that I experienced what you wonderful ladies do. I've known about this stuff for years, but until some personal stuff in my life led me to streamate I never had any intention to do this. I know none of you know me or probably even believe me, but she is a super sweet girl, and as we talked, we both sort of learned together about her job, things like the fan club and the wishlist, she didn't even know they were their until i started asking, I wanted to save up those reward points to get her an outfit or something, i dunno if it's true but from what she told me her manager said that you girls get nothing if i use my points on the wishlist. Glad I came here to try and learn more about the models side of things. I rarely post in forums of any kind because well most of the time there full of trolls, glad to see that is not the case here :)

Upvote 0
@Catalina SM this has been an issue for years. member reports an issue and they don't take it seriously. i understand most tech support inquiries are 95% user error, but there have been times where i have reported site glitches to customer support only for support to be very rude to me, like accusing me of photoshopping my screenshots.
that's one of the reason I came here the support people were not helpful at all

• Hugs
Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
PlayfulKatrina. I'm guessing you have full control of your account right? as we talked and I asked if she was ever going to offer gold shows, or discounted block sessions, or maybe start a fan club, she told me she doesn't have direct control of the profile I see, she told me not to send pms becuase she doesn't see them, all the other stuff I mentioned she told me her manager wouldn't let her do becuase they make no money. that never made sense to me wouldn't you want to give a model every chance to make money no matter how small
looks like my customer account is closed? i havent updated the card on there for years so w/e

but i think i was able to recreate your problem on both streamate.com and cammodels.comScreenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

yeah if the model isnt available anymore like banned you or account was removed it would look like this.
Screenshot_3.png

so whoops, something went wrong?

are you in florida, OP? might be a geoblock?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
looks like my customer account is closed? i havent updated the card on there for years so w/e

but i think i was able to recreate your problem on both streamate.com and cammodels.comView attachment 89550

View attachment 89549

yeah if the model isnt available anymore like banned you or account was removed it would look like this.
View attachment 89551

so whoops, something went wrong?

are you in florida, OP? might be a geoblock?
Yes that is what I'm seeing, and the third image the 404 error I was seeing that at first, but now I'm seeing the first 2 images. I'm on the east coast but not in florida. ok good to know I'm not the only one seeing that, because it makes no sense she would block me. I know most of her like for me was probably just part of the job, but this didn't seem like the typical experience, she loved the fact that I would stick around long enough for her to also orgasm, we usually spent about a 1/2 hour together I pretty much always hit my limit. I'm not sure how true it was but she told me all the time I was her only serious regular. don't worry ladies I'm not in love or anything just concerned for her she was super sweet and silly, and 1/2 the time we couldn't focus because we were making each other laugh, there were some true blooper moments where we both just cracked up. she didn't seem like she had any plans to quit, so i find it very weird she just vanished like this.

Upvote 0
Several years ago, my favorite regular on MyFreeCams at the time had informed me that he was "banned" from my MFC room. I definitely did not ban him, and no, I didn't have his state blocked. That was really weird.

Upvote 0
Several years ago, my favorite regular on MyFreeCams at the time had informed me that he was "banned" from my MFC room. I definitely did not ban him, and no, I didn't have his state blocked. That was really weird.
I wish i could inform her but I'm pretty sure she hasn't been on, if any of you ladies see PlayfulKatrina or a girl who you might think is her with another name, please tell me, there's alot I haven't said, but i don't think she truly understood what she did for me. most of my life I've had a paralyzing fear of getting my picture taking and cameras in general, it has nothing to do with my looks, it was a serious phobia for me. I'm mean it when i say until a few weeks ago I have never even had a video call or chat, I got a webcam because I felt like I was being unfair not letting her see me, and while it's not completely gone, this girl in one 1/2 hour punched a serious hole in my phobia, I went from never doing video calls to well showing her everything. she never made me feel bad in anyway. I really hope i get the chance to thank her one day. I don't know how often stuff like this happens, but she really did help change things for me.

Upvote 0
It's all good. I would hope my members would do this if this was happening to them if they were trying to view me. Your efforts are hella appreciated.

Dude poor girl. I hope she getting some traffic at least.
that's why I was never sure if she meant it when she said I was her favorite and only regular because she was super popular I stopped even trying to talk to her in guest chat, because she wasn't there long, and she always felt bad missing most of my texts because she was just getting bombed with messages.

Upvote 0
I am on West Coast and I get same screen and error message on my member account. Definitely not just you guys in the East.

Attachments

• PK.JPG
    PK.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
Ceedee21 I am going to look into this, but you have to understand that I don't think I'll be able to write here on a forum any info that may be private concerning that model and the status of her account. So further on, please get in contact with our support through one of the contact methods.

As for the other messages above:
- Customers do have the option to report an issue directly from a stream - they can select the type of issue they encounter and send it.
- There's also live support, WhatsApp support or email for customers where they can be assisted.

For models, make sure you collect the following when you encounter a technical issue:
- Screenshot with the type of issue (date/time and type of browser should be visible);
- Screenshot with your equipment details (PC, Processor, RAM)
- Screenshot with a internet test (www.speedtest.com) and measure your upload speed on a Seattle server.
- User screen names and UID (if it's a problem related to customers)
- Any other additional info you can provide about the issue.

You can send all this to our support or the representative you are in contact with. With that kind of collected info, we can look into it and see where is the problem and what has to be done to be solved (locally on model's end or on our end).

Upvote 1
So I checked on the situation with this model and she closed the account, then reactivated it and since she did not stream, that's the way it is displayed on the site. In the moment she'll stream, she'll appear normally.
There's no technical glitch related to her account. :)

Upvote 1
So I checked on the situation with this model and she closed the account, then reactivated it and since she did not stream, that's the way it is displayed on the site. In the moment she'll stream, she'll appear normally.
There's no technical glitch related to her account. :)
Thank you Catalina glad to know she's ok I dunno if you had any direct contact with her, but if you do please tell her Michael says hello and is looking forward to seeing her again :)

Upvote 0
Thank you Catalina glad to know she's ok I dunno if you had any direct contact with her, but if you do please tell her Michael says hello and is looking forward to seeing her again :)

Hey, dude...it's not Catalina's job to directly contact a model to tell her that a cam site member says hi and has been missing her. That's WEIRD to request that of her. You can tell the model hi yourself when she goes live again.

Upvote 0
You're welcome, but I won't be doing that. You can wait until she'll stream again and do that yourself. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.