AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

History of camming.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2010
I can't seem to find anything on very early (well before MFC) camming.

http://web.archive.org/web/19990128120834/http://www.dennio.com/archive.html - this was a site that I was a member of at one point, and did live insertion shows.
---UPDATE NEWS for May 18th 1998---

The PUSSYCAM broadcast was a raving success...look for samples of the
show inside...It was very hot and nasty...so far all the feedback has
been positive...I am still working on a schedule...I will post it here
first...
(Dennio). (Archive.org is awesome for research, consider donating).

This was 'live' in that it was ~160*120 jpegs every 5 seconds or so.

Is anyone aware of any earlier?

Specifically not - for example 'Jennicam' - which wasn't for profit, and wasn't focussed on sexuality.
On a MFC topic -

Myfreecams earliest incarnation seems to have popped up at that address - at around Nov 2004.
MFCNov2004.jpg

Note the green!
Also four models online, and the cheesy 'bios'.
First incarnation of the rules:
Question What is not allowed in front of the camera?
Answer
In the public chat, you cannot be nude because potentially a minor may see you. So please keep at least some clothes on. You can and should tease and look sexy but nothing explicit is allowed.
In a private show, you are free to do as you like. We love performers with a wild imagination and sexy fantasies. You can do pretty much whatever you want within the guidelines of USA obscenity laws. That means the following is forbiden:

1) No one under the age of 18, no one who looks or dresses up to appear under the age of 18, and no one who has not submitted proof of age to us is allowed in front of the webcam for any reason.

2) No incest. No bestiality (even sensual touching of animals).

3) Extreme obscenity that is deemed illegal by the laws of the USA including fisting, otherwise stretching bodily openings, violence, extreme pain, etc.

Please use your best judgment. If you're not sure if something is legal, DO NOT do it unless you contact us first. Doing forbidden things in from of your webcam while live on our network is grounds for immediate termination of your model account.

Shortly after this, they changed the design of the site, so no way of telling how many are online. The initial 'loading' page in 2007 looks damn familiar though.

Reactions: Sevrin and ACFFAN69
Wow that is hard on the eyes.

I remember watching a film about camgirls from the 1990s, most of them hosted themselves. It was for a class I'll see if I can track it down. I'm going to say pretty confidently though, that as long as there have been webcams web cam broadcasting, web cam personalities and webcam sex has existed.

Edit: Wow, turns out the film that was screened was super obscure, it was call "Web cam girls" it was produced by telefilm Canada and I sort of wonder where my instructor dug up that vhs tape for us to watch. It was made in 2004. Jennifer Ringley was one of the models featured, I believe. Also a burlesque-style webcam performer, a female owner of a studio in Vancouver, Canada and another more experimental girl who also makes hats, as I recall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.