AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

history of recent PMs disappeared?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2021
in an official note on the site I read:
"In preparation for some highly requested features, we are making changes to private messaging. To start, you will now be able to see recent PM history and PM list filtering. Stay tuned for more updates on the way!".
in fact, for a few days the system loaded all the PM history on the screen, but then the history disappeared and we went back to the old display of the PM only of the day ...
I contacted the support, who replied evasively asking me for further details (???).
so I did some tests with 2 different browsers but the history does not appear on the screen ...
I also asked the model, but not even she sees the history of our PM anymore ...
does anyone have some more info?
thank you regards ...

Yeah, for a short while CB was showing me a really long PM archive for people I had PMed with. Sometime last week I noticed it now goes back only a few messages when you first load the page.

Even if I refresh a page I’ve been on for a couple hours, during the same session/broadcast, it wipes out all but a few PMs from the history now. I was enjoying seeing the more complete archive… it’s a shame it’s gone already.

Upvote 0
They have screwed a few things up:

1) PM history no longer shows
2) The date in my "membership" for supporter is counting UP (it should expire June 24th. Yesterday it displayed as expiring July 24th, but today it now displays as expiring on July 25th).
3) Birthday's seem to go by US timezone now, not by the model's timezone. A model friend had her birthday today and she is in Romania so 2 hrs ahead of me in the UK, I noticed when it got to midnight for me, her profile still said her old age and not her new one that should be displayed. It changed at about 7am or 8am UK time.
4) If you notice when you click to go to your profile, the whole content table takes a while to load. The header/banner navigation all loads instantly, but the content below that may hang for a few seconds.

I am confident there are lots more problems.

Edit:
And just to ask.. why the hell do we still not have a way to vie our profile on the Mobile Website? I have told this to their feedback multiple times, you know when it says "why did you switch back to desktop mode"... yet nothing. They truly need to commit some money and effort to some professional programmers/coders and have them correct everything and add new features. Right now it always seems they are having some teenager who is still learning HTML and CSS try to fix it, probably some poor kid who knows he is way out of his depth but is being told to do it anyway. They are so far behind everyone else with everything, they need to invest in the website.

Upvote 0
They have screwed a few things up:

1) PM history no longer shows
2) The date in my "membership" for supporter is counting UP (it should expire June 24th. Yesterday it displayed as expiring July 24th, but today it now displays as expiring on July 25th).
3) Birthday's seem to go by US timezone now, not by the model's timezone. A model friend had her birthday today and she is in Romania so 2 hrs ahead of me in the UK, I noticed when it got to midnight for me, her profile still said her old age and not her new one that should be displayed. It changed at about 7am or 8am UK time.
4) If you notice when you click to go to your profile, the whole content table takes a while to load. The header/banner navigation all loads instantly, but the content below that may hang for a few seconds.

I am confident there are lots more problems.

Edit:
And just to ask.. why the hell do we still not have a way to vie our profile on the Mobile Website? I have told this to their feedback multiple times, you know when it says "why did you switch back to desktop mode"... yet nothing. They truly need to commit some money and effort to some professional programmers/coders and have them correct everything and add new features. Right now it always seems they are having some teenager who is still learning HTML and CSS try to fix it, probably some poor kid who knows he is way out of his depth but is being told to do it anyway. They are so far behind everyone else with everything, they need to invest in the website.

I used to do the same thing. I am on the mobile site more than half the time out of convenience, but I frequently have to switch to desktop mode because the mobile site just doesn’t have a lot of things. Primarily your full profile page with all the options (token history etc), and a large number of the sorted links (like the age-specific categories, new cams, view by private show status and price etc).

In the case of the links, it’s extra maddening, because I figured out those links all have a mobile-friendly version already (just replace the www with m in the URL and there you go). So it’s literally just a matter of including them in the mobile site navigation and problem solved. Couldn’t be an easier problem to fix.

Upvote 0
Remember you can download tipnotes and pm history (only yours not) in the security center, so it's all stored.

Upvote 0
Oh I just remembered the other thing they messed up:

Using emoji's/GIFs in chat

It used to add a space after you would type/select one but now it doesn't do it automatically.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.