AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How are girls keeping camscore up and working many hours?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2016
ny
So realistically there are good days and slow days. When it is dead in my room I will log of within 15 to 30 mins and it can suck spending the time to get ready to cam and then it be a waste of time it feels like. Every time I have a slow day my camscore drops really fast and as a result I will fall lower on the page. So this is very frustrating because I would like to work the same hours every day and always keep it a regular thing as a lot of girls do but how are they keeping the camscore up? I would work more but it just drops my score if Im not getting tipped much?.Common sense tells me if its slow get off so how do I ever get it up it just gos back and forth. I have had big tippers and got my score up to 1500 but soon after it gradually dropped again because I wasnt making huge chunks. It seems like you have to consistently make a lot of tokens to climb but that just is not realistic. You cant always have a good day everyday. So I am struggling to understand the best way to keep it up. Work more hours and let it drop hoping it will pay off and I get a bunch of big tippers to raise it up again? Models tell you to put in the time like 4 hours a shift but I am not seeing how that is working for me.. I have tried working 3 to 5 hours on my good days but it doesnt go up much and then the next day might be dead so it gos right back to where it was. My score is 1240 now and its been dead in my room for a week. I was working majority in the morning but now that its summer I just started to try nights because its been so dead lately. I am thinking nights will be better . I have a grip on my room its not that. Just can be very discouraging when you see other models have high cam scores and dont really do much? you know what I mean? but I am trying really hard to do everything right to gain more traffic. Iv never had over 150 in my room. On average I have about 50 people. I would like to know what other models around my cam score are doing maybe get some advice would be so great!. I am really frustrated and loose interest in going on just feels like Im not getting anywhere. How many hours do you work a shift? How many members are in your room? maybe I wouldnt be so discouraged if I knew I wasnt the only one with this struggle. Anyone have this frustration?

Posts like these are really hard to answer because there is not fool proof or "right" answer. What works for one person may not work for another. I will say that it important to remember that you don't get paid in cam score...you get paid in tokens. It only takes one moment of being online for someone to tip you...but if you aren't there they can't find you or tip you. I could give you 100 examples of times I wanted to log off...almost did...and then boom. Tippers and talkers everywhere. In 2 years there have only been a handful of times that I wished I didn't stay on.

Also I want to say that there seems to be this assumption that a lot of the top girls "don't do anything" and people just tip them. It couldn't be further from the truth. A lot of these girls do a TON of off cam work...and have built up their fan base over years of work pulling crazy hours on cam. It is very rare to find a top girl who isn't pulling a ton of hours. Being "on" that long is very draining...combine that with also having to be on and available to regulars off cam...and you can see they are working their ass off for that rank and cam score.

Hey thank you for your input. I may be wrong but I thought in a general search your cam score is important. The higher it is the higher you are on the page and can have a better chance of paying customers and regular traffic?? Maybe I have the wrong idea of the importance of cam score

Hey thank you for your input. I may be wrong but I thought in a general search your cam score is important. The higher it is the higher you are on the page and can have a better chance of paying customers and regular traffic?? Maybe I have the wrong idea of the importance of cam score

I am a member and I can give you my point of view.
I have the models sorted by camscore, because normally a high camscore means she is making a lot of tokens and that means she is quite good at her job. Sometimes I am going down the pages to look for new models I maybe like.
So a high camscore helps you, but you have to earn a high camscore.
The new girl promotion with a camscore of 1000 is a fair chance to get lucky and find REGULAR high tippers early and rise from there, but you need of course luck for that to happen and a talent to maintain an interesting room.

For most of the models it is likely the usual learning curve when you start something new, a lot trial and error what works for you and slowly building up regulars who keep tipping you and improving your camscore and then rise from there.

In total worrying about a high camscore without earning some money is a bit pointless, so you should stay on as much a s possible and every regular you make will help to lift your camscore in the long run.

:)

Last edited:
I am a member and I can give you my point of view.
I have the models sorted by camscore, because normally a high camscore means she is making a lot of tokens and that means she is quite good at her job. Sometimes I am going down the pages to look for new models I maybe like.
So a high camscore helps you, but you have to earn a high camscore.
The new girl promotion with a camscore of 1000 is a fair chance to get lucky and find REGULAR high tippers early and rise from there, but you need of course luck for that to happen and a talent to maintain an interesting room.

For most of the models it is likely the usual learning curve when you start something new, a lot trial and error what works for you and slowly building up regulars who keep tipping you and improving your camscore and then rise from there.

In total worrying about a high camscore without earning some money is a bit pointless, so you should stay on as much a s possible and every regular you make will help to lift your camscore in the long run.

My score is only around 1400 on average and I only am on cam about 10 hours a week. I know not very much! I dont know what your definition of being good at your job is but I will speak for myself and say that the time I do go on cam I give 100 percent and make my room as best as it can be. I never just sit there or I always keep things going and tease. I always wear lingerie or am naked, have avatars that are eye catching, have a lot of videos and options on my profile. promote my videos in chat..and so on. Juggling mfc and another job probably hurts me on mfc. Im curious as to what models are good at their job I would like to maybe learn from them.

My score is only around 1400 on average and I only am on cam about 10 hours a week. I know not very much! I dont know what your definition of being good at your job is but I will speak for myself and say that the time I do go on cam I give 100 percent and make my room as best as it can be. I never just sit there or I always keep things going and tease. I always wear lingerie or am naked, have avatars that are eye catching, have a lot of videos and options on my profile. promote my videos in chat..and so on. Juggling mfc and another job probably hurts me on mfc. Im curious as to what models are good at their job I would like to maybe learn from them.

I was talking about averages, each member has likely a different idea what he considers a good model.
With average I mean MFC has about 1500 models online and each of the models can possibly do a good show. But lets say it is more likely that the top camscore models provide shows appealing to a wider audience. So if I look for a good quality room I would start looking among the high camscore girls.
I take it you are on MFC to make money, so if a girl makes a lot of money on MFC this could be considered good at their job. To get some inspiration what seems to work on MFC I would suggest not to visit rooms of the very top models but maybe models in the 5 - 10 000 camscore range, they seem to do something right...

I'm not trying to tell you what to do in your room, but you mentioned it being dead and the fact that you're on cam naked sometimes. It's possible that you have viewers sitting there jerking off to your nakedness and not chatting/tipping. I used to have a room topic for X tokens until the bra comes off and I stay topless...and then after that X tokens until I get fully naked and stay naked. I made sure those token amounts were amounts I'd be happy logging off with, because I noticed that once I reached that 'fully naked' goal, the tips usually stopped (except for "just because" tips from regulars) because members obviously don't need to tip for a flash anymore once I'm fully naked for the remainder of the shift.

If you were wearing your lingerie on cam, then you could have a room topic of "Tip __ tokens for a flash" or something. But if you're always naked anyway in public chat, there can't be a goal of getting you naked, and the tips you get will either be "just because," or tips for something else like (like a public chat cum show, if you do those...or tips for ass spanks or something).

I do remember AmberCutie once saying that she always gets on cam fully naked, though, so I guess just go with your own preference and what's best for you. :)

The first person who gave you advice is a very successful cam lady. most gals who will give you advice see or have seen success in some shape or form. You could do everything right and still fail in this industry. Be cute. Sexy. Eye-catching. And fail.

Want to know what's more important than scamscore? Making money to pay your bills. If you're only staying on for fifteen minutes you aren't going to make money or build a following. It's one thing to log off after an hour or so with little dollars but 15 minutes you aren't giving a chance. Those gals in the upper camscore realms have those scores because of dedicated followings, lots of work and many hours. You can't just emulate what they do and expect to be successful right away and you sure as heck can't do it if you aren't sticking it out.

Camming is a struggle. It isn't easy. You have to work. And not everyone is successful, or reaches their version of success.

Camscore is the default for order, but members can sort other ways. I think a lot of dudes search other ways.

Camscore is also an average of many shifts, so if you have a good day drop off and be replaced by a shite day so don't take it to heart.

My cam score atm is 1648 or something like that. I try not to think about it too much and just go on and have fun. My cam score tanked a few months ago when I started back because I had taken 9months off and it's taking time to get it back up, I'm getting there lol.

Right now the way I do it is by logging on whenever I can and staying on. If I reach 3hrs and I've not had much luck then I will come off, tbh that doesn't happen much. I always feel that initially it can be a struggle getting tippers and convo going but when it does its onwards and upwards. 15-20mins is not enough time to give yourself a chance you need to stay on of you want that score up. It will go up and down a bit but that is how it works. I'm not quite sure what other advice you are looking for other than the usual stay on, since that is the only way to meet new regs and potential tippers. Try not to let your score get you down, get on cam to make money and that is it. As you make that money your cam score will start to rise gradually. Good luck

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I do remember AmberCutie once saying that she always gets on cam fully naked, though,
I always* have a countdown of at least 2000-3500 before I get naked on cam.

A while ago we had a discussion on here about MFC countdowns for getting naked, and you had said something about feeling like you're in the minority because you're typically naked anyway on MFC. It was a while ago when I had a different username on the forum.

A while ago we had a discussion on here about MFC countdowns for getting naked, and you had said something about feeling like you're in the minority because you're typically naked anyway on MFC. It was a while ago when I had a different username on the forum.
Ah yes, I am typically naked... I do my naked count at beginning of my shift then stay naked for the entire shift.

I do remember AmberCutie once saying that she always gets on cam fully naked, though, so I guess just go with your own preference and what's best for you. :)

Sorry for the confusion. That was me. I always start off viewing mfc naked, then remain that way the rest of the night. :smuggrin:

Camscore is important for two reasons. By default it's what determines model placement on the homepage. Better camscore theoretically means more viewers, because you're more easily accessible at the top of the homepage.

Other than that, camscore is a 60 day average of tokens per hour. In any job, you want to try to make a good amount per hour. Camming is no different. Girls get upset when their camscore goes down because it means they're making less per hour on average. I'd like to see people with vanilla jobs make significantly less per hour and do it with a smile. This is one of the many reasons you will see girls (including me) tweet things like, "My camscore has gone down 5,000 points in 3 months :( "

Reactions: AmberCutie
The first person who gave you advice is a very successful cam lady. most gals who will give you advice see or have seen success in some shape or form. You could do everything right and still fail in this industry. Be cute. Sexy. Eye-catching. And fail.

Want to know what's more important than scamscore? Making money to pay your bills. If you're only staying on for fifteen minutes you aren't going to make money or build a following. It's one thing to log off after an hour or so with little dollars but 15 minutes you aren't giving a chance. Those gals in the upper camscore realms have those scores because of dedicated followings, lots of work and many hours. You can't just emulate what they do and expect to be successful right away and you sure as heck can't do it if you aren't sticking it out.

Camming is a struggle. It isn't easy. You have to work. And not everyone is successful, or reaches their version of success.

Camscore is the default for order, but members can sort other ways. I think a lot of dudes search other ways.

Camscore is also an average of many shifts, so if you have a good day drop off and be replaced by a shite day so don't take it to heart.

All of that is common sense to me, you get what you put into it of course. If its slow within the first 15 to 30 mins I log off and try again .. the logic of many these responses is what doesnt make sense I nt watch top models anymore I did that before and studied it to try to learn and benefit but is now a no brainer and beyond obvious... top models do not exactly earn their position they are mfc which is their right. I watch my competition around my score to 5,000. Models who are more legit. But it can be really discouraging when members gravitate to the top only. They are always the same and I understand why mfc does that of course they can do what ever they want its their business but it be nice to have more opportunity to get more traffic. A lot of members never find them cause the whole cam score lur. I kind of look at it like this... if a customer has money to spend on there that means he has money ..right.. and time to be on the computer playing which tells me he probably doesnt do hard work.. which also tells me a person like that just keeps things easy on themselves so they are more likely go in rooms that they see first. Wealthier people are like that so top model will always have the majority of the big spenders...but I also dont believe they are all real either. There is a middle ground there..a good way for models like us to be more motivated is to make it look like you can make big tips like 10,000 here 50,000 there unless they are selling pussy maybe but those numbers are not realistic if they are all the time. It makes us want to be like that top model and be that successful, its hype all businesses have hype to try to succeed of course. So how well can legit models really do on mfc because it is by far the best cam site to work for and I would love to quit my other job and do it full time wouldnt have to worry about gas and expense that come with jobs in the public. Can anyone relate to my thoughts? I guess I just wanted to see if any other models see it the way I do because I think the girls on both sides of me online have an iq of 50. It just be nice to have another model to collaborate with share ideas and thoughts with who I could learn from.

All of that is common sense to me, you get what you put into it of course. If its slow within the first 15 to 30 mins I log off and try again .. the logic of many these responses is what doesnt make sense I nt watch top models anymore I did that before and studied it to try to learn and benefit but is now a no brainer and beyond obvious... top models do not exactly earn their position they are mfc which is their right. I watch my competition around my score to 5,000. Models who are more legit. But it can be really discouraging when members gravitate to the top only. They are always the same and I understand why mfc does that of course they can do what ever they want its their business but it be nice to have more opportunity to get more traffic. A lot of members never find them cause the whole cam score lur. I kind of look at it like this... if a customer has money to spend on there that means he has money ..right.. and time to be on the computer playing which tells me he probably doesnt do hard work.. which also tells me a person like that just keeps things easy on themselves so they are more likely go in rooms that they see first. Wealthier people are like that so top model will always have the majority of the big spenders...but I also dont believe they are all real either. There is a middle ground there..a good way for models like us to be more motivated is to make it look like you can make big tips like 10,000 here 50,000 there unless they are selling pussy maybe but those numbers are not realistic if they are all the time. It makes us want to be like that top model and be that successful, its hype all businesses have hype to try to succeed of course. So how well can legit models really do on mfc because it is by far the best cam site to work for and I would love to quit my other job and do it full time wouldnt have to worry about gas and expense that come with jobs in the public. Can anyone relate to my thoughts? I guess I just wanted to see if any other models see it the way I do because I think the girls on both sides of me online have an iq of 50. It just be nice to have another model to collaborate with share ideas and thoughts with who I could learn from.
Are you for real? The girls that are at the top are either there because they were extremely lucky right off the bat or have worked their ass off to get there. And either way they need to work their ass off to stay there. They are really legit models like you and me. Kickaz is on this forum and is a top model are you saying she is not legit.

You ask for advice from models I've told you what my cam score is and told you how I'm trying to build it back up again. But when we give you the advice you don't take it and start having a go at the top girls basically calling them prostitues and fake. If that's what you think then why work on MFC. In my opinion you sound like you are looking for an easy way to make money and get your cam score up. That's not how it works. It's a long hard slog and if you don't put the work in you won't reap the benefits end of. You are now coming across as an extremely jealous and petty person who is not actually going to take the good advice given, and who is going to make horrible accusations about top models on MFC.

This is a huge mess.

You know, I feel that I and the other ladies in this thread gave you good advice. If you're going to create a thread like this in the Ask-A-Model section and us models respond with our opinions/thoughts, when you keep dismissing us and saying things like "Well your logic doesn't make sense," we're not gonna want to try to help you anymore, ya know? If you're gonna make a habit of saying "Fuck this shit. I'm logging off the night" after only being on cam for 15 minutes, you're probably gonna have a difficult time on MFC. It's a bit different from, say, Streamate where many models log in and BAM!...can be in and out of private shows.

You keep saying "legit" models. All of the models who've posted in this thread are legit. Are you only looking for opinions from models with super duper high cam scores? Yes, I may have a shitty-ass cam score (Actually, a while back when I was on MFC regularly, my cam score did get as high as 3,000+ or 4,000+...I can't remember which?), but I'd been on MFC long enough to know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
So realistically there are good days and slow days. When it is dead in my room I will log of within 15 to 30 mins and it can suck spending the time to get ready to cam and then it be a waste of time it feels like. Every time I have a slow day my camscore drops really fast and as a result I will fall lower on the page. So this is very frustrating because I would like to work the same hours every day and always keep it a regular thing as a lot of girls do but how are they keeping the camscore up? I would work more but it just drops my score if Im not getting tipped much?.Common sense tells me if its slow get off so how do I ever get it up it just gos back and forth. I have had big tippers and got my score up to 1500 but soon after it gradually dropped again because I wasnt making huge chunks. It seems like you have to consistently make a lot of tokens to climb but that just is not realistic. You cant always have a good day everyday. So I am struggling to understand the best way to keep it up. Work more hours and let it drop hoping it will pay off and I get a bunch of big tippers to raise it up again? Models tell you to put in the time like 4 hours a shift but I am not seeing how that is working for me.. I have tried working 3 to 5 hours on my good days but it doesnt go up much and then the next day might be dead so it gos right back to where it was. My score is 1240 now and its been dead in my room for a week. I was working majority in the morning but now that its summer I just started to try nights because its been so dead lately. I am thinking nights will be better . I have a grip on my room its not that. Just can be very discouraging when you see other models have high cam scores and dont really do much? you know what I mean? but I am trying really hard to do everything right to gain more traffic. Iv never had over 150 in my room. On average I have about 50 people. I would like to know what other models around my cam score are doing maybe get some advice would be so great!. I am really frustrated and loose interest in going on just feels like Im not getting anywhere. How many hours do you work a shift? How many members are in your room? maybe I wouldnt be so discouraged if I knew I wasnt the only one with this struggle. Anyone have this frustration?
How long have you been camming?

Camscore is important for two reasons. By default it's what determines model placement on the homepage. Better camscore theoretically means more viewers, because you're more easily accessible at the top of the homepage.

One thing i'd just like to point out, again, is about the placement on the homepage. Not disagreeing with you about camscore being default. But I still tend to think a lot of members, once they've been on the site awhile, change that.

I personally change my settings around every so often to each of the sorting methods: CamScore, Number of People, Alphabetically, Order Logged In, Newest on Site, and Random.

Now I also do keep those on my friends list at the top always, but after those the settings preferences kick in. And when I feel in the mood to see what else is happening on mfc I find it nice to mix it up so I see different people.

She is right to some extent when she talks about top models. Some of them are legit, but a few do cheat, and anyone with a critical eye who has been on top 20 enough times in the past couple of years knows. Obviously it isn't all of them, and there are girls who do this in every rank and camscore range, not only at the top, but the top is the most visible. After a while you make peace with the fact and learn that it is a publicity strategy that costs a lot of money. But she is right, if you don't know better and you believe a cheater's success is real you will end up trying to learn strategy from her and fail because you are not seeing the whole picture. So her solution (only looking at her camscore peers around 5000) is sensible because there are many of them and less of them cheat in proportion.

One thing i'd just like to point out, again, is about the placement on the homepage. Not disagreeing with you about camscore being default. But I still tend to think a lot of members, once they've been on the site awhile, change that.

I personally change my settings around every so often to each of the sorting methods: CamScore, Number of People, Alphabetically, Order Logged In, Newest on Site, and Random.

Now I also do keep those on my friends list at the top always, but after those the settings preferences kick in. And when I feel in the mood to see what else is happening on mfc I find it nice to mix it up so I see different people.
but since it shows models in order of best camscore by default, many members never really mess with it.

I've seen 2/2 topics with MelodyMaze talking about being a cam girl, yet she doesn't have a verified account?

Between that and the walloftext posting...seems like a troll to me.

I was a bit curious at first about this cbook100 person on here who doesn't post, but seems to 'disagree' on damn near every post where everyone else is in agreement. I'm like hmmm, that's kind of an odd thing to "disagree" about...do they just get a kick out of pushing the "disagree" button? Lol.

As for MelodyMaze, it just sucks when us cam girls take time to offer advice/thoughts to a cam girl who asked for it, and they're dismissive and too stubborn to listen...but then wanna ask us more questions later. Lol. Like why should we even reply to future posts/threads based on how you blew us off earlier, ya know? Most cam girls would say "thank you" or 'like' posts where people are trying to help them out...not make comments like "I need to hear from legit models" and "Your logic makes no sense." I like saying her name though (MelodyMaze)...it's pretty. :)

As for the not having a verified model account part...I don't either though. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaffronBurke
My cam score bounces between 7-9500. There are many days I log on and have less than 3 or 4 premiums in my room for the first 30-40 minutes. I will probably never be one of those girls who are a top room...but I have found a system that works for me. Based on your response I feel at this point you are a troll...or just combative...but I'll give my advice anyways in the hopes that maybe you are just frustrated and lashing out at someone who doesn't deserve it.

I stagger my countdowns. The reason I do this is because it makes my countdowns very attainable...it keeps people interested...and as the room slowly builds up so do the countdowns. More people to contribute=more tokens in the countdown. I think *most* girls around my cam score do...
Shirt off
Bra off
Shorts off
Naked
Show

Me I always log on in only a bra/lingerie top. My initial countdown for topless is always 777-1000. Then bottoms off is always 999-1200. Then show countdown is always 1234-2999. I adjust these up and down based on the flow of the room/how slow it is/etc.

This is significantly lower than most other girls in my camscore range...but with a lot of trial and error I have found that is what works for me. I feel the reason it works for me is because it gives people who can't afford a lot of tokens the opportunity to feel that their tokens matter. 20 tokens in a room where a countdown is 3500 are not that big of a deal. 20 tokens in a room where the countdown is 777....well...he wouldn't feel it was a "waste". I also express my appreciation for every tip...1 token or 100. Because those "small" amounts and random tips are very important.

If you can only work a certain amount of hours a week keep them consistent. I know life gets in the way and it's not always possible but try your best. Having regular members is really key to success on MFC.

Also I don't know if you do private shows but if it is ever slow for a long period of time I will personally take a private and tell the rest of the room I will contribute half of the tokens to the count but only if they stick around in the room. They way you don't lose all your traffic from taking a private....and people don't feel jaded for tipping toward a countdown and then you leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.