AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How are you meant to Identify fraudulent/suspicious users?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
This is specifically something that happened a month ago now on CHATURBATE (surprise surprise), but I guess it's a general question too, but it seems more difficult on CB.

So, this model had a user who was a purple guy (meaning he has spent 1,000+ tokens within the last 14 days). He had not been to her room before but he took her private.
In total, she got about 2,500 tokens from this guy while in private - this was the "per minute" rate as well as him tipping her in the private.

Nothing out of the ordinary since she sometimes has stuff like this happen, it can be random - as we all know you can get a random big tipper to your room.

A day or 2 later she couldn't cash out her tokens and she contacted support and they said SHE was under review for fraudulent tokens.
In the email (I saw it) it was like they were blaming HER for NOT knowing this guy was using fraudulent tokens/money, and she was excused this time because it's her first time this has happened, and they let her keep the tokens too, but they said not to let it happen again, and if it does, she needs to contact them to let them know about someone suspicious.

Now, she and I were both super confused by this because as stated, from that interaction she had with this guy there was nothing out of the ordinary. They had a little chat in PM about the pvt show, they went for the private, he tipped during the private, it ended, he left. How is a model supposed to think that is suspicious?
A model can't even see when a user made his account but even so, many guys use multiple accounts (guys who buy lots of tokens), so not even this is a way to detect anything suspicious.

Anyway, so to my point: today she had another guy come into a private, his first time in her room and she had about 1,500 from his total.
Afterwards, she was actually really worried and nervous about something happening because she was paranoid the last time. She started wondering all curious things, like "he is a dark purple but only has 1 person following him" - AND he came back 20 mins later to take her for another private show.

Is this "suspicious" or not? How much from a new tipper should a model worry about and report to CB "just in case" it's suspicious? 1,000 tokens? 2,000 tokens?
A model really has NO way to tell, so it was just messed up from CBs email to her a month ago, accusing her and putting the blame on her to suggest she should have known. Big tippers come and go so easily and fast

In the email (I saw it) it was like they were blaming HER for NOT knowing this guy was using fraudulent tokens/money, and she was excused this time because it's her first time this has happened, and they let her keep the tokens too, but they said not to let it happen again, and if it does, she needs to contact them to let them know about someone suspicious.

The message is always the same after a fraud investigation

Streamate warns us if we get someone dropping large amounts during their first visit, it maybe fraudulent so report or we maybe held accountable.

I usually do it to people dropping anything higher than $100. I dont hear back because its reported through the members' profile instead of creating a support ticket, and us models are protected from chargebacks.

If she suspects or is worried, she should email support to verify the charges.

The message is always the same after a fraud investigation

The first message for investigating, yes but not the long one she received after specifically talking to her, not an auto-generated message.
She reported the one she was nervous about recently, and they finally replied with 3 lines saying "thanks for reporting it, we will look into it".
(obviously she explained about the previous time it happening randomly to her, and this is why she is reporting now as she is worried and nervous, and she even asked questions about "how" suspect suspicious, how many tokens is suspicious and should be reported etc but they didn't answer any of the questions)

The first message for investigating, yes but not the long one she received after specifically talking to her, not an auto-generated message.
She reported the one she was nervous about recently, and they finally replied with 3 lines saying "thanks for reporting it, we will look into it".
(obviously she explained about the previous time it happening randomly to her, and this is why she is reporting now as she is worried and nervous, and she even asked questions about "how" suspect suspicious, how many tokens is suspicious and should be reported etc but they didn't answer any of the questions)
She is big brain master hacker, fraud expert, fbi that went through superior training her master big brain can figure it out for sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.