AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How bad does one four-star rating hurt your placement?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2022
Hi everyone,

I've just started camming and so far it's been a great experience. I've been on the first page of Streamate and everything has been awesome. Last night, I got my first four-star rating. I don't understand it. Everything was fine and the guy even tipped me before he left exclusive. The only thing I can imagine is that he referred to himself as a "dominant", used very disrespectful language and was constantly asking me to paddle myself harder. I truly believe he did this just to be a jerk. Like the kind of person who would rate an Uber driver four-stars because "yeah, the service was good but nothing exceeded my expectations." Every rating I've had before then was a 5-star. I averaged my numbers out and my score is still at a 4.9, so he didn't make much of a dent in my rating. I read on some blog that most girls in the top rows have a flat 5-star rating, though I have no idea if this is accurate.

I've been so upset I literally lost sleep over this incident and it's triggering my anxiety to think all it takes is a few assholes like this to come along and completely ruin the good thing I have going. Even though I've had dozens of happy customers until now.

I guess I'm wondering how bad this can hurt me. Does Streamate's algorithm favor a flat 5-stars over a 4.9?

• Hugs
Reactions: Sashacurves
You'll be fine don't stress it! Streamate works differently to other camsites anyway and there is no such thing as "top row" because literally every member's homepage is tailored specifically to them (that's why when you search for yourself whilst online, you'll appear to be on the front page/top row). You could be literally the worst rated, most disliked model on the whole site but if your profile fits the preferences of any given member, you'd still be placed right at the top of their home page in the "top row". The only proper ranking on SM is during the contests but even then that's completely just down to earnings.

Also, unless your average star rating over 90 days drops down to 4.4/5, your rating will still be rounded up to 5. Also also, you can always send an email to SM support to dispute the unfair rating if you want. But truly, it won't make a difference in the long run. Block the user and move on. Most of these "dominant" members are just looking for an excuse to abuse models, they're not worth the money they spend. SM is great for femdom, I'd recommend moving more towards that!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You'll be fine don't stress it! Streamate works differently to other camsites anyway and there is no such thing as "top row" because literally every member's homepage is tailored specifically to them (that's why when you search for yourself whilst online, you'll appear to be on the front page/top row). You could be literally the worst rated, most disliked model on the whole site but if your profile fits the preferences of any given member, you'd still be placed right at the top of their home page in the "top row". The only proper ranking on SM is during the contests but even then that's completely just down to earnings.

Also, unless your average star rating over 90 days drops down to 4.4/5, your rating will still be rounded up to 5. Also also, you can always send an email to SM support to dispute the unfair rating if you want. But truly, it won't make a difference in the long run. Block the user and move on. Most of these "dominant" members are just looking for an excuse to abuse models, they're not worth the money they spend. SM is great for femdom, I'd recommend moving more towards that!
Thank you for the suggestion! This certainly makes me feel better about the whole situation. I've updated my profile and removed "submissive" from my categories altogether. Never again am I dealing with someone who considers themselves "dominant" unless their idea of dominant is being called "daddy" lol. Definitely going to lean into the femdom angle.

Reactions: Sashacurves
Upvote 0
Besides all that was said, if you think the rating was unfair/ your client did it to mess with you just email support and they'll remove it.
I'm really tempted to! And I think I could make a good case for why that rating was BS. It just doesn't make any sense to me. He kept going on and on in the session about how he was going to take his frustrations out on me, so I guess giving me a four-star review was his way of doing so. Despite the fact that he stayed for nearly 10 mins and tipped on top of that, so he clearly enjoyed the session.

Upvote 0
I contacted support and asked them if they'd consider removing the rating. I truly believe the customer's intention was to be malicious, since that seems to be in alignment with his fantasy. Hopefully they will agree to it. 🙏

Upvote 0
Couple protips on getting more 5 stars:

*Offer a free video for 5 stars after privates.

*Specifically tell members to rate 5 stars beginning and end. Both verbally and saved chat. You can also put it as your room topic as well, but it helps to remind since most horny men are illiterate.

Upvote 0
Thank you guys! Streamate refused to remove the rating since the chat lasted over 3 mins :( I currently offer to send nude pics after a 5-star rating and review. I had to take a break from cam last night because I've been upset, but I'm just going to get back on and do my thing. Why should I let this bottom feeder continue to steal my peace and interfere with my money?

It's a valuable learning experience. Any time someone asks if I'm "submissive" the answer is going to be hell no. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like there's a way to block users after an exclusive?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.