AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do camming studios work?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannesacherie

Cam Model
Sep 23, 2019
Chaturbate Username
VanessaCherie92
I'm considering opening my own studio but don't know much about it. It be alot easier for my self to work in aswell. If anyone works in a studio here how does it work?

I don't work in a studio but since no one else has answered, I'll just say that you're basically providing a workspace for those who can't afford it. You'd have really good high speed internet and fast/powerful computers and high quality webcams, and also rooms/space. I think this would only work in an areas where people don't have the means to work from home. You might have people create promo material and get traffic to their rooms. You would do all of these for a percent cut of what they make, or I guess you could charge per usage if you wanted. You're saying it would be a lot easier but you're basically doing cam work for multiple people and running a business, so I doubt it would be easier than just camming for yourself.

I think before even getting into how to run a studio it would be important to know where you live, simply because there would be a huge variation in startup costs which might not even make it worthwhile.

As a studio you would be personally responsible for every model's behavior and would have to "fire" them should they do anything against the TOS of sites you've gone with as a studio account. You would need to look into any tax liability you have for collecting part of their income as a fee. It seems to me to be a lot more trouble than it's worth and as far as I know only one model has been successful in creating her own studio on CB.

I don't mean to sound like a complete cunt, but if this is business you want to start, you need to do more research on your own.

If you don't know how something works, why do you want to create your own?

Ok, first you must understand what a studio offers and realise that most physical studios are in developing countries, mainly Eastern Europe and South America.

A studio offers a place (a room) for performers to work. They provide the computer, lighting and internet. Some studios provide training and translation services. The studio sets up the performers with the sites that they work on and collects all the payments from the sites and then pays the performers. For this work studios take between 30-60% of a performers earnings. Studios range from completely exploitive places to sort of legitimate places that somewhat look after and respect their performers. Some of the better studios provide healthcare and pay the taxes as required.

Why would anyone want to join...

A lot of performers that work in studios can’t afford the equipment and internet connection... it would not be uncommon for a performer in South American to not even have their own bank account. Often they live with family and don’t have a private space where to work from. For some of these performers even $300 a month is a considerable amount of money. A big thing is also that a lot of these performers are unaware of how to get paid from a cam site or even how to join.

For most western countries, I can’t see too many performers needing the services of a studio. If you buy second hand, you can get starting equipment reasonably cheaply. Most people have a reasonable internet connection and with just a little research you can find out how to join a site and get paid. Also most performers would at least have a private bedroom to work from... Making the business case for a studio in a more expensive city might also be hard.

Please note there is a lot of generalisation in my comments...

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
Status
Not open for further replies.