AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do I get paid for this stuff???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2018
Hey everyone! The hubs and I are starting off slowly...we are so new to this I can't even tell you...tumblr pictures, etc, but we want to branch out and start selling videos, maybe panties, then eventually start camming (we're just not camming yet due to me wanting to keep my identity safe).

How do you get paid??? I know paypal won't do it. We are in the U.S. but will probably have international customers.

What do you use to receive payments?

Thanks in advance :)

--Annie

If you want to sell videos and panties, Manyvids offers you the option to list both for sale.

The best thing is to just get paid through whatever site(s) your selling on so manyvids, I want clips and c4s are good reliable sites to consider. If you are wanting to take Paymnet for customs you can do so through all the sites I listed above or you can also check out getindiebill.com as an adult friendly payment processor. If you want to consider skype you can look into cam model directory.

Just a friendly warning, if your to worried about being found out def consider another source of income. While some girls have kept there identities hidden it usually comes out eventually so prepare yourself. Even if your super careful it only takes a freckle or accent or tattoo to accidently give yourself away. Good luck!

Ditto to what the above ladies said. :)

Also, please be sure to use a separate e-mail account for all this adult stuff instead of your regular, primary e-mail account (since your real name is probably connected to your primary e-mail).

And don't do like I did years ago, and make the mistake of telling a few regulars your real name. Between them having that and your primary e-mail address, they can use that shit to start following you on fucking Pinterest, YouTube, etc. without your knowledge. *facepalm* NOT COOL.

If you want to sell independently on Tumblr you can get paid via Amazon gift cards. It can’t be turned into cash, but you can use your Amazon balance to buy almost anything.

Another option is to make people purchase pre-paid disposable Visa gift cards and send you the card details. You can use the cards electronically to buy anything online. This option only works for US clients tho.

Last option is to get a PO box under an alias. You can receive blank money orders in the mail and add your name before depositing them into your bank account or cashing them somewhere for a fee.

Crypto is also an option if you find that your client base is savvy enough.

Selling your videos thru a platform will make accepting payments very very simple. However the cut those websites take is steep. If you’re committed to self-promotion thru social media, handling your own payment processing can be more labor but ultimately you will keep much more of your money.

I've also used Bigcartel before, to make my own store. The total cut taken at the end is like... 5% tops? From what I experienced. They use Paypal (NOT sex worker friendly but I used it anyway & luckily didn't get caught) and also Stripe (seems to be sex worker friendly)
Bigcartel doesnt seem to have an issue with adult content, though will remove physical goods like worn panties if listed as that (I just use "Custom order 033" or something. With this however, you need to send out videos etc manually (ProjectMaenad is good for hosting them), vs Manyvids or another clip site that does it automatically. But a 5% cut vs a 40% cut? Almost worth it.

If you're worried about your identity being found out, you've already gone too far. Someone you know most likely has/will seen your tumblr posts, and there is a chance they will recognize you. Honestly, doing anything ~risque~ on the internet will probably lead to you being discovered at some point- not just sex work.

Anyways.
Clips4Sale and Manyvids are a great place to start. I know Manyvids has geoblocking if you want to block certain areas or countries. That still might not help you hide your identity from people though.

Wow, thank you for the responses! This can be a bit overwhelming to start, but I just love sex (obviously) and my husband (also obviously) and we figured that other people might also love us (yay!!!).

I know my identity is never 100% safe...I work with a pretty small community of very old people who don't even know how to use a smartphone, so I am pretty okay with it if they do recognize me. The others that would find me I wouldn't really be concerned. I've set up accounts with fake names and emails too, so I'll just see how it goes.

Thanks again everyone...I really appreciate all the suggestions! :)

The kink/exhibitionist//voyeur communities and the camming/sex work communities do cross over, but they don't HAVE to cross over in every or even any way. I may be wrong, but it sounds like this is something you and your husband will continue to have fun with, even if it will never work out as a career? What are your goals with it? What kind of risks are you willing to take? Hiding your face will do a lot to protect your identity, but you'll never have the biggest audience. If the biggest audience/biggest payout isn't what you're going for, you can still have fun and make money, just maybe not a living. It's somewhat of a crossroads, but I've personally lived in the grey area plenty myself...

The kink/exhibitionist//voyeur communities and the camming/sex work communities do cross over, but they don't HAVE to cross over in every or even any way. I may be wrong, but it sounds like this is something you and your husband will continue to have fun with, even if it will never work out as a career? What are your goals with it? What kind of risks are you willing to take? Hiding your face will do a lot to protect your identity, but you'll never have the biggest audience. If the biggest audience/biggest payout isn't what you're going for, you can still have fun and make money, just maybe not a living. It's somewhat of a crossroads, but I've personally lived in the grey area plenty myself...

Thank you for your reply--I appreciate ALL the input. This is such a new area for me. I didn't think I'd be viewed as "sexy" or "hot," because I'm a woman and I thought I was too fat to be sexy.
I didn't think I'd like this world, but it has been so much fun just taking pictures. I think sex should be viewed as fun instead of pervy or gross. We really just want to have fun and make some money from it--but probably not for a living at least yet. I also wonder if the people I knew saw me--would they actually say anything?? We're certainly aware of the risks and rewards. Right now we're having fun just seeing how many followers I am getting on Tumblr.
:) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.