AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do I know when the model is in the room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2020
I have a model that I regularly bump into and enjoy, but sometimes when I log into her MFC room - there are a few persons there but for the model it says - video unavailable, model may be offline. So I am not sure if she is there. For example, I just checked and it says 3 persons are in the room, but the only person listed is my username. I don't want to just hang around, or seem that I am stalking this model, so I just sign off and try my chances later. But is has happened enough times to the point that I am wondering what's going on, and whether I am missing out on a way to hook up with my model. Any help solving this mystery will be great....

She could be setting up cams etc and getting ready to go on. I believe it says that when she's about to broadcast but hasn't hit live yet.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Likely those others will have been guests who died from excitement during her last show and obviously could not exit her room. You'll find a few of these unfortunates showing in random offline rooms here and there. Such is life, we never know the moment or the hour. Hopefully they left this realm with a smile on their faces from the models great show ... and they're forgiven for not having contributed to the cumshow countdown. ☯

Upvote 0
I experimented with this also and figured that she appears connected as soon she is on her account, and not especially in her room to stream. Even as a viewer or to post contents on her profile.
Just like any viewer, she appears online and it seems that she can be contacted using the messaging system (I never tried though, even just to check ^^).

If it is so, that is a bit weird for me with mfc, can't you appear offline and do your things quietly without "risking" to be interrupted by pms or else?

Upvote 0
Likely those others will have been guests who died from excitement during her last show and obviously could not exit her room. You'll find a few of these unfortunates showing in random offline rooms here and there. Such is life, we never know the moment or the hour. Hopefully they left this realm with a smile on their faces from the models great show ... and they're forgiven for not having contributed to the cumshow countdown. ☯

I have had a few of these lost souls and it confused me when 24 hours later they were still there. Yesterday I kicked a premium who had been in my room for 2 days. As soon as I did I thought "My god, what have I done! That's one less premium user during broadcast!" Now I understand I kicked a dead man when he was down LOL

• Funny!
Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
If it is so, that is a bit weird for me with mfc, can't you appear offline and do your things quietly without "risking" to be interrupted by pms or else?
We can do all our profile stuff on the offline/admin pages side of things, but if our whiteboard or topic needs work, or for some Charlesbot stuff, we have to be logged into the broadcaster page.

Upvote 0
I have a model that I regularly bump into and enjoy, but sometimes when I log into her MFC room - there are a few persons there but for the model it says - video unavailable, model may be offline. So I am not sure if she is there. For example, I just checked and it says 3 persons are in the room, but the only person listed is my username. I don't want to just hang around, or seem that I am stalking this model, so I just sign off and try my chances later. But is has happened enough times to the point that I am wondering what's going on, and whether I am missing out on a way to hook up with my model. Any help solving this mystery will be great....

As a member, the best way to know when a model is online is to turn your notification on for when she starts broadcasting. Go into your account, and look for "My model notifications" and then enter her name. You can set it up for email notification (look at the time it's sent in case you don't see it until a few hours after it's been sent), browser or sound notification.

Also, add her to bookmark or friends list and you'll see her when she's logged in. When she's broadcasting, you'll see the room icons to the right of her name. But, she can also be "away from came" which it'll also say. Mobile is a little different as I think it's a different tab. Though, could be mistaken as it's been over a year since I logged in via mobile.

Upvote 0
I was in a model room on MFC and was watching her. In one moment she turn off camera and she disappeared without saying nothing. She was online few hours more, but not broadcasting. Camsfinder told that she had last live show when she was turned off camera. How does it work?

Many times I saw models that were offline on MFC and camsfinder told they are live. Is it possible to do show with turn camera off or being offline?

Upvote 0
This is when youre setting up cam :)

Upvote 0
Still don't understand one thing. I saw my model online with webcam off and then offline. On camsfinder told me that this model has live. How does it work? Why camsfinder shows model is during live?

Upvote 0
What kinda weirded me out some years ago (when I first realized it) was the fact that even after an MFC model stops broadcasting, other guys can still hang in her room afterwards and talk amongst each other. Lol. I have a premium account on MFC (though I haven't used it in a long time), so that's how I realized this. On other cam sites when the model stops broadcasting, the room is CLOSED to everyone else too. But on MFC the guys can continue talking to one another even after you've left. In fact, when you stop broadcasting, there's even a button you (the model) can click to "Join the chat room without turning on her camera." Sometimes I click that when I'm done for the night (just out of curiosity), and see that a premium member and maybe a basic or two are still sitting in there. Also, I've hit the 'Start broadcasting' button before to find that there was already someone in my room waiting for me before I even arrived.

Like someone else suggested, I think it's best to just enable the MFC notifications for when the model is on. Also, if you follow her on Twitter and she has it set to where MFC sends a tweet when she's on cam, that's another way for you to know that she's on cam.

Upvote 0
On other cam sites when the model stops broadcasting, the room is CLOSED to everyone else too. But on MFC the guys can continue talking to one another even after you've left
On CB also, guys being in the room can continue to talk when the model stops the broadcast, even if she leaves the room.
The room just doesn't accept new guys when the stream is off, even if the model stays in chat.

Upvote 0
On CB also, guys being in the room can continue to talk when the model stops the broadcast, even if she leaves the room.
The room just doesn't accept new guys when the stream is off, even if the model stays in chat.
It's like this on StripChat as well. Anyone can in fact go to any model's room at any time and chat with whoever else is there, even if the model's status is "offline" or "online soon". A model's public chat is always open.
You can't send public tips though, but you can of course send private/offline tips.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.